Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Dreadlock deep cleaning recipes (would probably work on normal hair too!)  (Read 2014 times)  Share 

• Alternative fashionista!
    • Little Wicked's Emporium
  • Current Colour: Mixture of Adore blue/black & Pravana blue over a permanent black
So having made the mistake of trying dread wax on my dreads (I know there's a whole is it/isn't it debate about whether or not wax is good for dreads in the dread community - I'm not going to take sides in this debate, I'm just going to say dread wax is not for me), I wanted to deep clean them to get rid of the waxy residue.  I found this awesome site with some super natural recipes for deep cleaning dreads, so thought I'd share it with everyone.

http://www.ragingrootsstudio.com/recipes.htm

These recipes would also probably work for deep cleaning normal hair in a natural way, but obviously, I can't guarantee that as they've been developed for dreads.  I also particularly like the peppermint cooling spray recipe!

EDIT: sorry, forgot to mention in the orginal post, there's also some fab links for dreadlock accessories, and some great advice about how to care for dreadlocks.  Nixivix - I particularly thought of you when I saw this site, and thought you'd appreciate the link!
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Full Hair Addict
    • My model page
Thanks Mindi :) definitely giving these a try at some point

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories