• Welcome to Hair Dye Forum - Alternative Hair Dye Chat, Help and Photos.
 

News:

Forum Upgrade - the forum has had a big upgrade and this paves the way for some new features.  We have created a posted under the 'Technical' section for members to report any problems or missing items they may see.  It will take a while to sort everything out but will be better for all members in the long run :)

Main Menu

how to go from bright pink to baby pink?

Started by kerri, 31 Oct 14 / 12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerri

hi there,
so, i currently have so many different pink shades because the bright pink i used it's fading,leaving super bright pink parts & salmon/orangy ones :/
I usually used directions' cerise diluted w/ conditioner, but then i tried schwarzkopf's live color xxl in bright pink (dunno how it's called) thinking that it would fade into a lighter pink instead of orange.
is there a way to ligthen the colour(s) into more baby pink tones other than bleaching it?
and which hair dye should i use to get a baby pink, both cerise and the schwarzkopf one are super bright even diluted and not the shades i want at all!
*thx*

Janineb

You probably realise this, but you'll have to fade what you have now.

I've diluted cerise to a baby pink before, so unless you're using more than a sweetcorn sized blob of the dye (probably  not even that much) then I don't know why it wouldn't make a baby pink for you. A blue toned pink would probably be better for you though. Maybe Atomic Pink, or Virgin Rose? You'd want a pin head amount of those probably! My brain has gone blank on other blue pinks.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Swilks

#2
What was your colour before the pinks?

On another note, the XXL shades are appalling and I would advise using anything else. It was my first full head pink and it lasted about a week. The fade was awful. So bad.

Id suggested  the same as janineb, or Cupcake Pink which should be here soon

Wicked Pixie

How light is your base under the pink? If it is darker or yellowy your pinks will always fade more orange. You can add some violet to your conditioner or use silver shampoo/conditioner (which are violet based) to help combat it.

kerri

Quote from: Janineb on 31 Oct 14 / 01:35 PM
You probably realise this, but you'll have to fade what you have now.

I've diluted cerise to a baby pink before, so unless you're using more than a sweetcorn sized blob of the dye (probably  not even that much) then I don't know why it wouldn't make a baby pink for you. A blue toned pink would probably be better for you though. Maybe Atomic Pink, or Virgin Rose? You'd want a pin head amount of those probably! My brain has gone blank on other blue pinks.

last summer I had really bright pink and where my hair was bleached to almost white it's not fading,it's still quite bright and I can't get rid of it,it's not fading! that's why i dont know how to lighten it, keeping in mind the ugly orange streaks.if i use a blue toned pink how  it would turn out on orange tho?
thanks for answering :3

kerri

Quote from: Swilks on 31 Oct 14 / 03:23 PM
What was your colour before the pinks?

On another note, the XXL shades are appalling and I would advise using anything else. It was my first full head pink and it lasted about a week. The fade was awful. So bad.

Id suggested  the same as janineb, or Cupcake Pink which should be here soon

I bleached my hair to a weird blonde,more yellow than blonde actually.that's why i fear is the reason of the ugly fading. for me the xxl dye is actually fading less than cerise for some reason,at least it's fading less into orange than cerise..but it's not the shade of pink im looking for anyways. thanks for your advice c:

kerri

Quote from: Wicked Pixie on 31 Oct 14 / 03:32 PM
How light is your base under the pink? If it is darker or yellowy your pinks will always fade more orange. You can add some violet to your conditioner or use silver shampoo/conditioner (which are violet based) to help combat it.

some parts are very light blonde/almost white (especially on the tips),some are yellowish and some are actually orange :S the 1st time i dyed it bright pink (cerise not much diluted) it faded so quickly right into orange...thank you so much!^^

Janineb

What ways have you tried to fade it?
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Wicked Pixie

You won't be able to achieve a baby pink over the orange parts. If you want pastel shades you will need to lighten the dark parts further, so it is a pale blonde all over, any unevenness will be highlighted when using pastel dyes.

puerkz

I would suggest trying the color b4 fashion colors. It is very good with getting rid of pinks. After that, you can see what your base is like. from there you can probably do a couple of bleach baths on the darker parts and achieve a nicer pastel pink.

kerri

Quote from: Janineb on 31 Oct 14 / 09:53 PM
What ways have you tried to fade it?
when i had it brighter i just washed it more than usual with a strong shampoo but it just went orange; right now i kinda gave up and im not doing anything to it lol

kerri

Quote from: Wicked Pixie on 01 Nov 14 / 01:55 PM
You won't be able to achieve a baby pink over the orange parts. If you want pastel shades you will need to lighten the dark parts further, so it is a pale blonde all over, any unevenness will be highlighted when using pastel dyes.

aah yes im afraid i should just bleach it but i cant do that by myself right now so that sucks. is there any easy kit to bleach dyed hair/ or lighten it which is easier to use?

kerri

Quote from: puerkz on 01 Nov 14 / 04:50 PM
I would suggest trying the color b4 fashion colors. It is very good with getting rid of pinks. After that, you can see what your base is like. from there you can probably do a couple of bleach baths on the darker parts and achieve a nicer pastel pink.

oh that looks interesting,never heard of it!i dont have any really dark parts,only bright pink and salmon/orange ones so i think that could work. thank you! (: