Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Bleach Bath tutorial - with pictures!  (Read 307005 times)  Share 

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
Re: Bleach Bath tutorial - with pictures!
« Reply #350 on: 06 Jan 15 / 10:17 AM »
Even though the shampoo will dilute the peroxide, i would suggest using a lower volume. 40 vol is extremely damaging.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #351 on: 06 Jan 15 / 10:25 AM »
A year ago I dyed my hair brown, its pretty dark, I want to bleach bath it and then dye it back to my naturalish color auburn. I have 40 developer is that ok?

You should try a colour remover first. There's no point in doing damage if you don't have to. You can use them up to three times.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

mindianajones

« Reply #352 on: 06 Jan 15 / 11:33 PM »
I just used the color remover 3 times, my roots are yellow/orange and the rest of my hair is still brown...
 *ott*

Realize

« Reply #353 on: 29 Jan 15 / 05:16 PM »
I'm sure it's been asked before but I can't find this in the previous pages. If I bleach bathe virgin hair that has been dyed with a semi, will the process lift the hairdye and lighten my natural haircolour as well? I'm planning to try other fading methods before BB but still I thought I'd ask.

Piscine

« Reply #354 on: 30 Jan 15 / 07:13 AM »
Yes, but you might not get the best results. Sometimes colors can go weird or the color molecules can end up stuck in the hair. Also if it's not faded enough it can be difficult to assess how light your hair is getting. Your plan to fade first is a good one.  :)

Realize

« Reply #355 on: 30 Jan 15 / 05:52 PM »
What you said about the color molecules getting stuck to the hair made me think that indeed the hairdye might lift with a bleach bath but since it's a pink based dye and my base was light brown, I guess my hair could go a little orangey...
thank you for your reply! :)

Piscine

« Reply #356 on: 31 Jan 15 / 05:13 AM »
Glad I could help. Good luck!  :)

SJ_R

« Reply #357 on: 15 Feb 15 / 02:35 AM »
Just 30 volume bleached bathed today over some super awesome coconut oil on partly virgin roots, partly salon semi-permeant faded brown dye over very light blonde bleached hair, and it came out pretty great! I think there are some orange patches near my roots, so I may do another bath on 20 volume next week if I can't tone (going for a strong silver). Condition not too terrible. I've currently got a SMT (four parts conditioner, one part honey, one part aloe vera, stolen from the LHC) on for overnight I'll rinse out tomorrow. And it was my first time bleaching my hair at home at all!  *yay*

inthefade

« Reply #358 on: 22 Jul 15 / 12:53 PM »
Hello!
So I've read this thread over a couple of times and am still a bit stuck at what to do regarding my hair.

I'm in the process of attempting to go from box dye dark brown/ black to auburn. I decided to do this I was going to try to use a colour remover, bleach bath it until it got to a light enough brown to apply a copper semi over it (using my already by then I was assuming reddish brown base for the auburn). I bleach bathed once using vol 20 as my developer which didn't do much, applied JoBaz which further did barely anything except stank for several days, before applying a second bleach bath a week later.

Second bleach bath in, things have started to go wrong. I assume my mid lengths and ends are pretty stained from the crappy dark dye, as it's barely budging, particularly on my mid sections. Unfortunately the last bleach bath worked... but on my roots only, dying them a light orange, almost brassy gold on some parts despite doing them last and wrapping up my hair (virgin 2 inch-ish naturally med brown roots).

I have quite long hair (almost waist length), and by the time I have wrapped it all up after applying the bleach bath, I'm not sure the ends are getting warm enough from the heat on my head to develop.

So the point is, I now have orange roots with dark brown mids and ends, in which the colour change is very abrupt. I don't want to have to go back darker, but I'm reaaaally stuck as to where to go from here as I still want to go auburn. Any suggestions? TIA.

• Current Colour: lavender and sky blue :)
« Reply #359 on: 22 Jul 15 / 05:21 PM »
You could use a brown semi dye on your roots in order to match them with the rest of your hair while you're still lightening the lengths.

Be careful trying to get the lengths light though, staining can't be removed and it is possible to fry your hair and still have staining.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Wicked Pixie

« Reply #360 on: 22 Jul 15 / 06:56 PM »
Did you keep the colour remover covered and warm, and leave it on for the full hour? You also need to apply it to fully clarified hair as any silicone build up, product or conditioner will stop it working. I would try another round of colour remover, used as described above, and I think you will see more difference

Inquisitress

« Reply #361 on: 25 Aug 15 / 11:12 PM »
Step 3

If applying to damp hair - measure 2 parts shampoo
If applying to dry hair - measure about 1.5 parts shampoo + 0.5 part water

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does hair saturated in coconut oil prior to bleaching count as damp or dry? Because the coating on the hair is oil rather than water, I'm not sure whether or not I would need to include the water in the mixture? :-\

Piscine

« Reply #362 on: 26 Aug 15 / 05:42 AM »
Step 3

If applying to damp hair - measure 2 parts shampoo
If applying to dry hair - measure about 1.5 parts shampoo + 0.5 part water

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does hair saturated in coconut oil prior to bleaching count as damp or dry? Because the coating on the hair is oil rather than water, I'm not sure whether or not I would need to include the water in the mixture? :-\
I could be wrong, but I think the dampness/ water just keeps the mixture from being too thick and difficult to apply. When I did it I added the 0.5 parts water since my shampoo was on the heavier side. You don't want too much, though, or it will dilute your mix.

Inquisitress

« Reply #363 on: 26 Aug 15 / 01:16 PM »
Okay, thanks :)

Sammiiii-san

« Reply #364 on: 02 Sep 15 / 02:14 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering, does anyone know what pantene shampoo  Sins_n_Needles used?

Piscine

« Reply #365 on: 03 Sep 15 / 02:25 AM »
Hi,
I was wondering, does anyone know what pantene shampoo  Sins_n_Needles used?
They don't make that one anymore but the Sheer Volume one is basically identical. :)

Sammiiii-san

« Reply #366 on: 07 Sep 15 / 06:29 PM »
So I have a couple of questions, I'm planning to bleach my hair for the first time. I'm planning to first put coconut oil in my hair overnight to then bleach it but i wanted to do a tester first meaning only one piece of hair. How much would i have to measure of the bleach powder then? Also, I don't really get the shampoo + water part?
Thankyouuuuu

• Current Colour: Bright red!
« Reply #367 on: 22 Mar 16 / 04:11 PM »
What's the difference between blue and white bleach?
Which of these should I get? :/ (Just planning on doing roots!)
http://www.salon-services.com/ie/page/search/?s=powder%20bleach&name=powder%20bleach

« Reply #368 on: 22 Mar 16 / 04:49 PM »
On that page, the Blondor. Bleach powder is one thing I always suggest to avoid generic ones, they tend to be more damaging for less lift.

When it comes to blue and white bleach, you don't need to really worry as you don't need to tone out the yellow tones, which is what the blue is supposed to do. I don't really think it does it very well anyway. But you want red and yellow tones left because you're going red. Just get a white one, but if it's blue it doesn't matter. Just avoid generic bleach powders.

Aleexzandra

« Reply #369 on: 23 Mar 16 / 01:27 PM »
Is there a tutorial with pictures where I can see a process of turning from dark brown to blond? Please?)

« Reply #370 on: 23 Mar 16 / 01:39 PM »
No that I know of. But it's also a bit different for everyone. Like, I have very dark brown hair, but it has little red so I don't have much of an orange phase. I go almost straight to bright yellow and it slowly turns paler. Others have a lot of red and not so much yellow. etc etc.

What are you aiming for?

• Full Hair Addict
« Reply #371 on: 24 Apr 16 / 10:05 AM »
Argh help my measuring jug I got says oz instead of ml. Is that the same thing? Lol
so 50g is 90 oz
 then I have my kitchen measuring jug

HELP

« Reply #372 on: 24 Apr 16 / 01:35 PM »
I can't at the moment,  but you can just Google the conversion.

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Raspberry
« Reply #373 on: 27 Jun 16 / 05:55 PM »
has anybody here used purple shampoo for the mix instead of clarifying shampoo, I'm just wondering if it would help tone the brassiness while bleach bathing?
life is too short to have boring hair...

• Dye-Hard
    • Tumblr
  • Current Colour: Henna red
« Reply #374 on: 27 Jun 16 / 09:08 PM »
I wouldn't bother wasting purple shampoo in the mixture, just use it after you've rinsed the bleach out.
I'm an animal just like you..

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories