Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Glue in extensions  (Read 5648 times)  Share 

meeshybop

Glue in extensions
« on: 02 Jan 13 / 07:32 PM »
So today I bought some hair extension glue from Sally's, it was like 2.59 so really cheap. I bought remover too which was about the same price. I thought I'd test it on a little bit of hair before doing a full head which I might do in the future depending on how this goes.
I parted my hair and played around with the placement, then just applied a small amount of glue along the weft and glued it onto the hair rather than the scalp. Apparently if its on the scalp it can cause irritation and can get fungus growth eurghhhhh lol

Here's the results

If I do do a full head ill make a tutorial/picture diary thing of the process.

I didn't really know where to post this lol

SylverSparro

Re: Glue in extensions
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 13 / 03:40 AM »
It's really pretty but glue doesn't last on white people. We wash out hair too much and the oils in our hair separate the glue. I give it a week tops. I had a glue in weave
that's the only image I have left of it.

And it kept coming off on the ends of the weft. I had to Re-glue it so many times.

meeshybop

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 13 / 11:03 AM »
Thanks I know :) a week is all I'd want if for which is why I did it this way. Thanks for your input anyway!

• Rose Gold Autumn - personal blog
  • Current Colour: Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 13 / 01:50 PM »
Just don't wash your hair as much then, most of us here with dyed hair only wash our hair a few times a week, sometimes I only wash mine once a week :D Just use dry shampoo instead!

Looks good meeshy!
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

meeshybop

« Reply #4 on: 03 Jan 13 / 02:01 PM »
Thanks glitter :) yeah I wash mine once a week! Dry shampoo is amazing!

Isherrr

« Reply #5 on: 03 Jan 13 / 03:26 PM »
Looks awesome! Wish there was a sallys near me. I've been considering having mine sewed in, have you tried it?

meeshybop

« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 13 / 04:16 PM »
I was going to get them sewn in but I'm not very good with tension on my head and they weave it sooo tight! Just wanted it as a very temp thing too! You can buy it online through the sallys website!

« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan 13 / 04:18 PM »
Are glue ins ok if you take proper care of them? I've heard so many stories about baldness etc, is that only if you don't remove them properly or have them in too much?

meeshybop

« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 13 / 04:28 PM »
Well this is what I'm testing! I think if I dedicate a day to taking it out nice and slowly with the remover and other methods online ill be ok. I think it's when you rush it it all goes Pete tong. I'm expecting some loss but it really isn't glued onto much hair to be honest.

« Reply #9 on: 03 Jan 13 / 04:41 PM »
oooh ok update us when it's removing time! Honestly all the people that I've known to have problems have been ones who've just actually yanked them out rather than remove properly so it'll be interesting to see if they're ok if you follow all instructions!

Isherrr

« Reply #10 on: 03 Jan 13 / 05:02 PM »
I'm scared sew in will hurt! Is it the super bond you bought? and then the oil and shampoo remover?
 I'm excited to see how the removal goes!

meeshybop

« Reply #11 on: 03 Jan 13 / 08:44 PM »
I got the proclaim glue and remover :) this is good! http://voices.yahoo.com/how-remove-hair-extension-glue-hair-quickly-10237917.html?cat=69
But yeah I think patience is key here, just relating it to bleaching!! Apparently you can use alcohol on it too but I'm sure that's a very last resort!
I was thinking about getting the shampoo if I do a full head.

The_sunny_girl

« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 13 / 01:22 PM »
It's really pretty but glue doesn't last on white people. We wash out hair too much and the oils in our hair separate the glue. I give it a week tops. I had a glue in weave
And it kept coming off on the ends of the weft. I had to Re-glue it so many times.

Most of us here wash our hair once a week so I guess it should last more, no?

SylverSparro

Re:
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 13 / 06:16 PM »

Most of us here wash our hair once a week so I guess it should last more, no?

I would assume so. Unless your hair gets really oily like mine.

meeshybop

Re: Re: Glue in extensions
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 13 / 07:05 PM »
My hair was oily, bit it was because I was washing it all the time.

SylverSparro

Re:
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jan 13 / 05:00 PM »
My hair was oily, bit it was because I was washing it all the time.
oils in your hair will break down the glue.

« Reply #16 on: 05 Jan 13 / 06:12 PM »
I think what Meeshy meant was that the more you wash your hair, the oilier it gets as the scalp produces more oil to counteract the drying effects of shampoo on your hair and scalp--particularly SLS shampoo, which is about 95% of shampoo on the market.

Anyway, back on topic--I think the extension looks great, Meeshy :)  Keep us updated.

meeshybop

^ that lol :)
I used to have really greasy hair bit that's because I got into a routine of washing it daily which is really bad for it.

Ok so I removed the weft last night earlier than I expected to,purely because I have a bottle of colour b4 in my cupboard that I'm itching to get on my head! (Which is actually on my head now...)

So! I used the remover oil and here's some gross greasy pics haha! I dabbed it on with cotton wool and left it for 10 mins. I would leave it on longer if it was a full head though and take a bit more time to make sure the back of my head was saturated.
I've seen reviews on the Sally's site to say its greasy and messy. IT'S OIL! They must be pouring it on! It was a bit messy and you need to wash your hair after but who wouldn't after an oil application like this?!
It turned the glue gooey and I just slipped them off! No tugging at all. I then gave my hair a good scrub in the shower, then after my hair dried I noticed I had a few bits of glue in my hair so I just combed it out. I think it would be a good idea to buy the glue remover shampoo that proclaim do to get the last bits out for a full head application. Also there were only a few hairs which shed, less than I expected. (I know I only had it in for a few days though)

« Reply #18 on: 09 Jan 13 / 01:38 PM »
That's a great result :D

I had thought it would take more hair out than that.

« Reply #19 on: 09 Jan 13 / 02:43 PM »
oooh that's great! I'm tempted to glue in a few wefts for extra thickness in mine

pippachainsaw

« Reply #20 on: 09 Jan 13 / 06:25 PM »
ooo that's amazing! i thought you'd have a bald patch ;) how's the hair feel? any weaker?

meeshybop

« Reply #21 on: 09 Jan 13 / 07:31 PM »
Nope no change in scalpness! I think everyone sould do it!! Lol :)
Less damage than bleaching a strip to go pink :)

Isherrr

« Reply #22 on: 09 Jan 13 / 08:03 PM »
Looks like it comes out easily. I'm gonna order some glue and give it a go I think :]

xxRaaxx

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 13 / 06:14 PM »
Did you try a full head of extensions in the end meeshy? If they only last a week I'm thinking this could be a great option for temporary festival hair, without the danger or breaking my hair like I did with the micro loops!

Although on a separate note a friend of mine had wefts of hair micro looped in (instead of strands like I had) and she had no breakage. So either wefts are better, or her hair is stronger than mine!

sillysta

« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 13 / 01:08 PM »
oooo......that looks gorgeous love how different the colors are hope it lasts :)

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories