Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Adore hair dye?  (Read 112130 times)  Share 

Mindi Kellaway

Re: Adore hair dye?
« Reply #75 on: 15 May 12 / 10:15 PM »
I'd definitely go for the Jet Black and Blue Black!  Purely for the entirely selfish reason that I'm looking for a decent black semi to take the place of permanent box dyes on my roots, and the directions semi is too green-based for me, and manic panic never takes very well to my hair!  I need something that will cover the grey in my roots well!

Starshine

« Reply #76 on: 15 May 12 / 11:59 PM »
I'd add some of the naturals too, in case someone wants/needs to cover bright colours... like work, give hair a rest or heart-attack-prone grandmas at family reunions ^^

• Dye-Hard
    • Facebook - Laura Jade Clegg
« Reply #77 on: 16 May 12 / 10:22 AM »
Some of the dark browns please! I want a veggie type replacement instead of using semi box dyes.
"Bloody hell!" [Ticks off on fingers] "Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, b****cks, oh God! I'm English!"

nixivix

« Reply #78 on: 16 May 12 / 01:27 PM »
I'd definitely go for the Jet Black and Blue Black!  Purely for the entirely selfish reason that I'm looking for a decent black semi to take the place of permanent box dyes on my roots, and the directions semi is too green-based for me, and manic panic never takes very well to my hair!  I need something that will cover the grey in my roots well!

This <33

KittyLost

« Reply #79 on: 16 May 12 / 01:33 PM »
Nickki you are bad for my bank account :p another bunch of dyes to go on my to do list!

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
« Reply #80 on: 16 May 12 / 02:02 PM »
Nickki you are bad for my bank account :p another bunch of dyes to go on my to do list!

Ha Ha Ha - i'm bad for my workload!!
No idea where I will put the new range as I buy other dyes in huge quantities so space is lacking.  Also it takes ages making up the swatches for the website so they look close to the actual colour result.  If I collapse with exhaustion we shall blame Adore Dyes :P
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

StephanieFlowers

« Reply #81 on: 16 May 12 / 02:08 PM »
It's a labour of love Nickki!

KittyLost

« Reply #82 on: 16 May 12 / 02:35 PM »
I'm quite excited for the swatches since they cart so much! It'd be good to have one from you that we can trust. Haha steph, labour of love!

leahpardo

« Reply #83 on: 01 Jul 12 / 03:38 PM »
Oh thank you I'm interested in one of them!±

FizzWhizz

« Reply #84 on: 14 Jul 12 / 09:30 AM »
I've been dyeing my hair with a CC Fire and Vermillion Red combination over a hairdresser bleached mid-ginger base, unfortunately my stylist overestimated the condition of my top layers and caused quite a bit of damage :( As a result, my hair is struggling to hold onto the colour, despite washing with SLS-free Osmo every five days. I've had as much of the frazzles cut out this week as I can, so that's a start.

Anyhoo, a week after dyeing my hair is going back to orange, brightish ginger on the top with a darker reddy ginger underneath. I really quite like it :D and thought an Adore dye might even out the colour and touch up the few blonde spots near my roots.

I'll be in Birmingham tomorrow afternoon, does anyone know if there's a shop in town which sells Adore? I would buy from beeunique if I could…!

Ta!

Tassy

« Reply #85 on: 15 Jul 12 / 02:15 PM »
OK, I should be able to add this range very soon - just wanted to get the SFX back orders all sorted first.  Are there any specific shades you like as it's a massive range and I don't want to stock all colours until I gauge how popular it is.  I will mainly get some of the neon shades in first, just waiting on confirmation about no animal testing / vegan friendly etc and then it should be good to go :D

Are we getting them? :O Pink rose and rsapberry pink look amazing!

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
« Reply #86 on: 15 Jul 12 / 03:30 PM »
Just want to say how happy i am with my new hair color, i used Pink rose and it turned out amazing. I've washed it once since i dyed it and no color at all came out in the shower. still looks as vibrant as it did last week. There is absolutely no rub off on clothes or skin and the dye smelled gorgeous! Left it on overnight to obtain better color. And it spreads really well, i only used half the bottle.
Here's a pic to show the color in natural light.

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
« Reply #87 on: 15 Jul 12 / 04:13 PM »
That colour is beautiful - so vibrant :)

And yes, we are still aiming to start stocking Adore dyes - Will hopefully be in the next month or so :D
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

FizzWhizz

« Reply #88 on: 15 Jul 12 / 07:17 PM »
Hooray! Couldn't find any in Birmingham today, but tbh I was too busy picking my birthday presents to care :D

Tassy

« Reply #89 on: 15 Jul 12 / 07:19 PM »
Oh god yes! :D

• Dye-Hard
    • Facebook - Laura Jade Clegg
« Reply #90 on: 15 Jul 12 / 08:46 PM »
Puerkz, that colour is amazing! What dye did you use for your black/dark brown?
"Bloody hell!" [Ticks off on fingers] "Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, b****cks, oh God! I'm English!"

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #91 on: 15 Jul 12 / 08:58 PM »
Puerkz, that colour is amazing! What dye did you use for your black/dark brown?

The black is a permanent one, Goldwell topchic 2N. i was going to use directions ebony but i didnt want it to bleed into the pink

Babe_Hawx

« Reply #92 on: 16 Jul 12 / 08:19 AM »
What a heavenly pink..... Does anyone know what it fades to?

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #93 on: 16 Jul 12 / 12:47 PM »
I've only just washed it once but i will update my fade as the weeks pass  so everyone can see :)

Purpurkopf

« Reply #94 on: 17 Jul 12 / 10:43 AM »
Hope you'll get this brand very soon! *1*

I've used "Wild Cherry" a few times - and I absolutely love the results.

Can't wait to try some other shades!

Daftscrawl

« Reply #95 on: 17 Jul 12 / 12:00 PM »
That's a really nice tone, looks like cherryade! (also looks super soft)

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #96 on: 04 Aug 12 / 11:12 AM »
I've never heard of this brand until TheSealion told me about it in a thread (Thank you!)  :)

Nikki, if you could get the blue and purple shades in, that would be amazing! I think that the blue and purple shades fade and rub off so much from a lot of the brands, it would be wonderful to try something that actually might not rub off and stay for longer! Pretty pretty please  *hugs*
* Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat, How I Wonder Where You're At.... *

haileysrad

« Reply #97 on: 20 Aug 12 / 09:46 PM »
This stuff is amazing.
I have been using it for many months and I just love it. I have used Ginger, Sunrise Orange, Orange Blaze, French Cognac, Cajun Spice.
I will give you guys a little pros and cons bit , as well as a few tips and tricks.
Pros:
highly pigmented, very easy to spread into hair, lasts a long time, fades nicely, doesn't bleed as much in the shower, doesn't stain my pillows as bad as other brands, processing time is shorter than other brands, mixes well with other colors (as well as SFX and Manic). Mixes really well with shampoo and conditioner for boosting color between colorings. one bottle lasts 2-3 as long as a jar of Manic Panic (for me). A wide range of oranges and reds.
Cons:
liquid, runny consistency. It is hard to tell what the color will look like while mixing colors because it isn't the same thick consistency as other brands and looks very dark coming out of the bottle.
Tips:
I apply this color with an applicator bottle, which I find easier than painting on other brands.
I dilute the color out with white conditioner to about a 4:1 (color:conditioner) ratio. This helps thicken the product a little bit and makes it easier to see what your end result color will be, which is helpful while mixing colors. I also don't feel like diluting the product made the color lighter or work any less than full strength. I leave the product on for 1-2 hours (depending on how much time I have), but the result is always the same though, very bright. I mix the product with my shampoo AND conditioner to help boost my color between colorings.
A little about my hair:
The first time I used this product I used it over Manic Panic Tiger Lily and SFX Napalm (mixed together, 3:1 ratio), over colored medium blonde hair, not bleached. I covered and blended great! I use the Adore dyes about every 3-4 weeks, and touch up my roots (with perm level 8rc dye) about every 8. My hair is always even root to tip, even if I change up my mixture a bit. My hair is very soft and healthy and I get complements constantly on the color. People are always asking who my stylist is! Haha!
Feel free to ask me questions about my technique, colors etc.
I have photos, but I'm too new to post them...

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #98 on: 20 Aug 12 / 10:45 PM »
Good info :D

You can post photos as attachments, just not as links. Click on reply and then additional options underneath the post box :)
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

haileysrad

« Reply #99 on: 20 Aug 12 / 11:13 PM »
oh now I see!
First picture: Current hair color, very fresh. Taken in sunlight by a window. Sunrise Orange with a dab of ginger (diluted as above), over 8rc perm color on roots, and faded Sunrise Orange and Orange Blaze, half and half, on growth and ends.
Second picture: A few months old. Taken indoors, no sun. I know the mixture is Sunrise Orange and Orange Blaze, two parts each, and one part french cognac (then diluted as above), over 7rc perm color on roots and same faded adore mix on growth.

edit: I found my notes I had kept on the second picture, edited them accordingly.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories