Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Adore hair dye?  (Read 117841 times)  Share 

RaeC

Re: Adore hair dye?
« Reply #100 on: 21 Aug 12 / 05:22 AM »
I really like that color! Anyway us gals in the US can get it? I'm thinking I can use the Cinnamon to tone down this red and give it a more rusty finish.

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
« Reply #101 on: 21 Aug 12 / 07:47 AM »
Nikki, if you could get the blue and purple shades in, that would be amazing! I think that the blue and purple shades fade and rub off so much from a lot of the brands, it would be wonderful to try something that actually might not rub off and stay for longer! Pretty pretty please  *hugs*

The full range of Adore Semi Permanent dye is now on Beeunique to view - we are waiting on a couple of colours coming into stock with the supplier and after that all colours will be available to buy in around a week.  In the meantime you can add a 'Back in Stock' notification and you will be emailed the minute your colour(s) are in stock :D
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

haileysrad

« Reply #102 on: 21 Aug 12 / 06:31 PM »
I really like that color! Anyway us gals in the US can get it? I'm thinking I can use the Cinnamon to tone down this red and give it a more rusty finish.
Thank you! I get it at an African American beauty supply store. It runs me about $4 per 4 ounce bottle.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #103 on: 21 Aug 12 / 07:27 PM »
Oh my they have amazing gingers/orange shades, this sparks my passion for some copper shade hair D:

Inquisitress

« Reply #104 on: 22 Aug 12 / 06:04 PM »
Ooh, thanks, this will be useful for me in the future when I start doing bright hair colours but need/want something more toned down :)

helenohright

« Reply #105 on: 26 Aug 12 / 10:53 AM »
i've been getting my hair salon-dyed dark brown, and i was thinking of getting a dark brown veggie dye instead for top ups/roots etc, since they're much kinder to hair :) does anyone know how they turn out on different bases? i mean, obviously bright colours come out much more vividly on blonde bases than brown, but what about a dark brown veggie? if i used it all over my hair would there be a difference between the colour on the already dark brown lengths and my light brown/ashy roots?

FizzWhizz

« Reply #106 on: 26 Aug 12 / 02:05 PM »
I would guess that the staying power on virgin roots might be an issue? Very much the case with the bright semis I've tried.

I hope I'm wrong though!

helenohright

« Reply #107 on: 26 Aug 12 / 02:08 PM »
oh noooo, i never thought of that :( i thought adore dyes could be a nice conditioning alternative to peroxide-based browns, but that could be a problem :( and i can't use conditioner on my roots so there's not much use mixing it...

NaomiMetalface

« Reply #108 on: 26 Aug 12 / 03:26 PM »
You could do a bleach bath to make your roots more porous though...just dilute it a lot and don't leave it on for a long time! That way, it should probably stick to your roots quite well :)

helenohright

« Reply #109 on: 26 Aug 12 / 04:01 PM »
would a bb be less damaging than a permanent dye with a developer?

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #110 on: 26 Aug 12 / 04:05 PM »
What a lot of people do is use the permanent dye to do the roots, then top up with something like adore.

It really depends on how strong the developer is in the dye to know if a bleach bath would be less damaging.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
« Reply #111 on: 27 Aug 12 / 09:47 PM »
i've been getting my hair salon-dyed dark brown, and i was thinking of getting a dark brown veggie dye instead for top ups/roots etc, since they're much kinder to hair :) does anyone know how they turn out on different bases? i mean, obviously bright colours come out much more vividly on blonde bases than brown, but what about a dark brown veggie? if i used it all over my hair would there be a difference between the colour on the already dark brown lengths and my light brown/ashy roots?

I dyed my boyfriends unbleached dark brown hair with the black blue and it has lasted about 3 months. it only started showing signs of fading about 2 weeks ago and he uses anti-dandruff shampoo which is very stripping. The sticking power in Adore dyes is impressive.

helenohright

« Reply #112 on: 27 Aug 12 / 11:30 PM »
ooooh that sounds promising :D

FizzWhizz

« Reply #113 on: 28 Aug 12 / 08:38 AM »
Fantastic! I've had to go back to boring dark brown (work pressure) so used an XXL box dye. I'll try a similar shade of adore to begin with and if it covers my roots well, I'll strip the permanent dye out and have fun with more natural shades. Yay!

violetdelusions

« Reply #114 on: 30 Aug 12 / 01:12 AM »
Has anyone tried any of the dark brown shades (medium brown, dark chocolate, or darkest brown) and have swatches/pictures? Same goes for Violet gem? I'm seriously considering giving Adore a try on my upcoming dye job :)

RockinLollipop

« Reply #115 on: 07 Dec 12 / 11:16 PM »
Ahh yay for this thread!! I am going to go a wild when I get paid haha, I want to try out several of the red and brown shades in this brand! I'll be sure to post pics too!! eek excited.

• Junior Hair Addict
  • I'd love this colour.
« Reply #116 on: 25 Dec 12 / 04:53 PM »
Is there any place that has example pictures? Or is the gallery gonna set up a specific part for Adore? I have no idea what Adore dye to try since the examples aren't very clear. :(

RockinLollipop

« Reply #117 on: 25 Dec 12 / 05:12 PM »
They have said that they are going to have a adore gallery once they have enough pics! I have ordered about 6 different shades in the adore so I will be putting up pics soonn!!! :)

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
« Reply #118 on: 25 Dec 12 / 05:30 PM »
Yes, am hoping to get the gallery section for Adore started this week - not too many pics just now but hopefully will end up quite full over time like the other dye sections :)
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

• Junior Hair Addict
  • I'd love this colour.
« Reply #119 on: 25 Dec 12 / 08:34 PM »
Maybe people will feel encouraged once they see other pics being put up, hopefully! ^_^

« Reply #120 on: 25 Dec 12 / 08:42 PM »
I ordered some the other week, so I'll be sending in some pictures when I dye my hair again in January ^_^

• Junior Hair Addict
  • I'd love this colour.
« Reply #121 on: 25 Dec 12 / 09:16 PM »
I've been thinking of going ginger and am quite curious about Cajun Spice, Ginger, French Cognac and Sunrise Orange, hope one of you ladies used it! :D

RockinLollipop

« Reply #122 on: 25 Dec 12 / 10:21 PM »
I have gone for reds and browns I can't wait to get them eeeek  *puzz*. Mocha, Copper Brown, Mahogany, Paprika, Sienna Brown and Raging Red. I went for the darker colours in hope that they'll last longer and fade better so I don't have to touch up as often. I am also looking for work so I think if I tone it down a bit I might stand more of a chance but I'll still get to play around with different shades :D Like I said I'll post pics. Both on the forum and for the gallery but they will be over faded red... I have heard loads of good things about the adore colours btw but I was also unsure about trying them because it's so hard to find examples of it live. Eventually I just couldn't resist any longer!

Oh and I can't wait to see the gallery Nickki  ;D

rifkygirl

« Reply #123 on: 16 Jan 13 / 10:26 PM »
Has anyone tried any of the reds yet? Has anyone got any pics of their reds.. Shame the charts to not show the colours, as the pink that was in the pic before is so different from the color chart..

pippachainsaw

« Reply #124 on: 16 Jan 13 / 10:33 PM »
intemp has just been on an adore voyage. hopefully she can spread some light =)

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2021

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories