Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: White hair (new)  (Read 17670 times)  Share 

g474xy_g1r7

Re: White hair (new)
« Reply #25 on: 24 Jun 12 / 08:28 PM »
OH! I love how the lil bit of silver directions shines through too and both hairstyles/cuts/colors. ...OOH what did you use on your hair too? You do lovely work :D

alice n me

« Reply #26 on: 02 Aug 12 / 11:49 AM »
got another question, im trying to go a white or really light silver tone to do pastels on...was looking at directions white toner...1) can i put this on a light blonde base to get a nice white base for my pastels and 2) can i mix it with other colours to get them more pastelly looking (paler looking )?

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #27 on: 02 Aug 12 / 12:26 PM »
I don't know about the toner for getting to white, but there's no point using it to make pastels. Just mix the dye with conditioner, that's what the others do here.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

pippachainsaw

« Reply #28 on: 02 Aug 12 / 01:46 PM »
you can use the toner to hekp take you to white, but from what ive heard you have to work quick otherwise you'll end up purple!

i use bonacure silver shampoo for my toning needs. it lasts longer than the toner & is easier to work with imo

alice n me

« Reply #29 on: 02 Aug 12 / 11:34 PM »
janineb yeah was gona mix with conditioner , just thought if i added white it would make them paler and not just diluted...although im not 100% on how that all works really any way,... and pippa how come it turns you purple if you dont do it quick???? i thought if u leaved it on longer ud get more of a white??? is it different if a dont get white toner and got white dye instead??? cuz was thinking of having some lilac graduating into white????? all help welcome please...

« Reply #30 on: 02 Aug 12 / 11:41 PM »
Well, the dilution IS the thing that makes them pale and I don't think anything else would make them paler. Maybe I'm misunderstanding :)

I believe toner isn't white though. It's light purple, which is opposite yellow on the colour wheel so it neutralises yellow, thus making it white in hair. Leave it on too long and you'll get light purple I think.

It's also highly possible I'm wrong though as I've never used it. I've always thought that they show it as white hair on the swatch as that's what you want to end up with, not that it's the colour of the toner.

KatiePillow

« Reply #31 on: 02 Aug 12 / 11:51 PM »
Janine is right, directions white toner, and purple shampoos.. and basically anything intended to neutralise brassiness is usually purple,

In regards to the diluting, white conditioner makes them paler, but for example I diluted a pink and it came out just a lighter neon pink, so to make it softer I added a tiny bit of blue, so you can dilute colours with conditioner but they won't necessarily become 'pastel' immediately, you might have to fiddle a bit, although purple is usually fine (pastels just tend to be a bit cooler, so some colours need a bit of balancing)

alice n me

« Reply #32 on: 02 Aug 12 / 11:51 PM »
i got slightly confused on that too , cuz i have nomal toner ( touch of silver ) but was looking for a white dye ( for the gradient im after ) and seen in the white dyes section of beeunique...white dye and white dye toner and then normal toners???? i think u may be right i think theyve put white toner meaning a toner that makes your hair white ( so prety much a normal toner ) i think maybe what i need is white dye....i hope that makes sence lol...thanks for the help with the adding to dye bit though , i didnt know weather adding white to it would make it more pastely or just be a waste so that helps..xx :)

« Reply #33 on: 02 Aug 12 / 11:56 PM »
I don't think there is such a thing as white dye though. I think they're basically all toners. Like, white isn't really a colour, you have to make white by using tricks. It's like that with fabric, you can't buy white fabric dye.

alice n me

« Reply #34 on: 03 Aug 12 / 12:43 AM »
yeah ur totally right ,i just went back into site clicked on the whit dye gallery picks n they just look like platinum blonde to me???? hmmmm bit miss leading, well that throws white outa the combo then ..lol...thanks hun..x

zaralily

« Reply #35 on: 12 Aug 12 / 09:45 AM »
i use either wella or topcolour brands for the actual tint (my warehouse does them two brands and another i don't recall). and i've always used truzone peroxide/developer with both.
so i was wondering, could i used 3% truzone with loreal dialight at all? i can't find the matching developer at all D: have any of you found it for the uk at a decent price? i've found there 6% etc but no 1.9% or anything like that.
i've also found wellas colour touch (their semi-permanent range) and they have developer at 1.9%, could i use that?
i'm unsure as it's a semi permanent. all permanents are the same but i was unsure for semi permanent, i'd assume you could as it's same level of peroxide.
i hope this makes sense! :)

hairforever..x

« Reply #36 on: 16 Aug 12 / 03:57 PM »
love it! this is what i'm currently aiming for!

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories