Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Make your own toner!  (Read 25058 times)  Share 

Gothicle

Make your own toner!
« on: 27 Dec 11 / 11:14 PM »
Hey guys, apologies i havent been around in aggeess

Just wanted to share a lil tip i discovered today..
i was bleaching my friends fringe blonde and she wanted it white.. i went to look in my cupboard.. and to my horror i had no white toner! =O...

anyway, i saw i had a lilac pot of directions, and a pot of lagoon blue.

then the lil lightbulb above my head pinged..

i mixed a bowl of conditioner, with a tiny weeny dab of lilac and a tiiiny weeny dab of lagoon blue, and i mean.. literally dip your brush into the dye.. teeeny tiny amounts of dye.

applied over the blonde, left it for about a minute and a half.. then rinsed

and as you know it, white! =D

i learnt recently at college that blues and violets contradict yellow tones, its called pre-pigmenting.
Im guessing thats all a toner is, is diluted colour..

but anyway, hope you find the tutorial useful! =)

Cjiadon

Re: Make your own toner!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 11 / 01:10 AM »
That's awesome!  I'm glad it worked out well for you.  :)

Amyce

« Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 12 / 01:50 PM »
Hey Gothicle! Looks like I'm not the only one who uses lilac to tint to white then! It works sooooo much better than just buying a white toner and lasts longer as well!

• Senior Hair Addict
  • murder researcher
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 12 / 10:08 PM »
Good tip. I will note this down for future use.
When I used to have black and white hair I found that the purpley-blue from the black used to leach into the blonde while I was washing it and tone it without me having to do anything!
I don't care if it's true

hanloveshair

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 12 / 06:22 PM »
i read online that you can put food colouring in conditioner to do the same thing has anyone tried this or think it would work?

Pesty Chi

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 12 / 06:27 PM »
that's a handy one to remember! and if the food colouring works too, doubly so :)

Ennui

« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 12 / 04:34 PM »
I discovered yesterday that if you have canary yellow/ginger hair, pop some un-diluted Lilac over the top. After 8 hours, my dark roots are now silvery blonde!

cut.away

« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 12 / 05:00 PM »
I find that diluting lilac works much better than white toners. Also, using a diluted lilac helps if your blue dye is fading to green-ness, cancels out those yellowy tones!

hanloveshair

« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 12 / 05:52 PM »
diluted violet works on yellow in about 10 minutes

sashastar4

« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 12 / 10:44 PM »
Dang maybe I should have purchased some lilac instead of the white toner. I feel like the white toner has done nothing to my hair. Would Special Effect pumping purple or blue mayham work if it's is super duper diluted?

NaomiMetalface

« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 12 / 10:48 PM »
Yes, any kind of blue or purple should work if you dilute it enough :)

g474xy_g1r7

« Reply #11 on: 10 Oct 12 / 10:54 PM »
I dipped an end of a hair pin into Deep Purple. Put that into a fruit dish with distilled water & dipped my hair ends into it and it made an interesting pinky to plum. I cant believe how strong the dye is  *lovestars*

rainbowBOOST

« Reply #12 on: 12 Oct 12 / 12:45 PM »
I use a similar, but even cheaper method. I take really pigmented colours (directions plum and midnight blue) mix a little bit of blue and plum into loads of conditioner (i keep leftovers so i dont have to mix a new one everytime i tone) till it reaches the desired colour/the colour of the original white toner.

I use this trick very often...also a grey toner is really easy to mix, since directions silver does nothing to my hair!

Garnet

« Reply #13 on: 18 Nov 12 / 08:49 PM »
I just went blonde and this is very helpful, being that my bank account is feeling very depressed right now -__-

zaralily

« Reply #14 on: 20 Nov 12 / 12:29 PM »
i did this but i put too much midnight blue in xD my hair turned blue, beautiful fade! :D i mixed in white toner and silver toner too, here's a tip, put in your conditioner then the purple and/or blue in to your preference and then add in white and silver toner, i did it opposite way round and i put too much blue in cos am daft! aha! :) xxx

Annana

« Reply #15 on: 29 Nov 12 / 09:08 PM »
We can use manic panic dye for this right?

pippachainsaw

« Reply #16 on: 29 Nov 12 / 10:54 PM »
you can use any purple dye for yellow or blue for orange tones. just add the *teeniest* amount to conditioner.

Holziieepoohh

« Reply #17 on: 06 Dec 12 / 12:19 AM »
Omg yeeeeey! This is what I've been looking for! I knew there was a way to use blue & purple as a toner! :D so happy my finally get my hair fully blonde.. Thanks to everyone on this thread lol, gonna give this a go tomorrow if all goes wrong I'll be coming back for advice with Plan B :) xx

neva

« Reply #18 on: 27 Dec 12 / 05:51 PM »
And if i don't have blue hair dye,
Could i mix conditionner with a tiny dab of lilac and a little bit of blue shampoo??

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories