Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Directions Rose Red Review.  (Read 12400 times)  Share 

Euphoria

Directions Rose Red Review.
« on: 30 Apr 10 / 06:42 PM »
Hey guys . So my latest Directions purchase was rose red.  I looked on the gallery (that thing has become my bible i thank you for it !)  and noticed it was quite pink but that didnt bother me.  I had faded directions Fire hair i then put this rose red on waited 45 minutes to wash it of. Me bieng me i was lazy and decided i would wash it of in the shower  *(killing 2 birds with one stone kind of thing )  I wouldnt recomend it with this colour. My shower turnt pink so did the whole of my body . I looked like a dark pink smurf. *(this has never happend to me before with any other colour) Not attrractive. So i had to scrub the whole of my body till it was red raw. My face is the worst it still has a pinky/purple tint to it.  Anyway the colour is amazing. My hair looks like Beetroot juice (the stuff in the jar) Which is funily enough the colour i wanted a month back . So im happy with the colour. Not so happy about the tint to my face and Body . Next time i will defiantly just pop my head over the bat and wash it out.

I will post a picture up soon my camera is dead :) x

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
Re: Directions Rose Red Review.
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 10 / 07:02 PM »
Your description of a 'dark pink smurf' had me near wetting myself!  Don't get me wrong I am sorry you were dyed pink and after a few mishaps with dye and my skin in the early days I fully sympathise but I now have an image of a dark pink smurf looking person in my head and it still makes me chuckle.

Please post a pic when you can and there are a few tips on how to remove dye from the skin here if you still have a pink tint - Removing Hair Dye from Skin
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Euphoria

« Reply #2 on: 09 May 10 / 10:31 PM »
Haha. Oh i really should of took a picture it was awful. I need to do a top up on my hair soon so i may just do it in the shower and take a picture for your amusement hehe.
Heres a picture of my hair colour.

Looks pretyy pinky red but when the sun hits it my hair looks purpley pink. Its such a chameleon hair colour forever changing in the light lol .

CandyCatvomit

« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 10 / 06:56 PM »
Have to agree the staining is awful. But it's been my staple colour for about 5 years now. I always go back to Rose Red it's such a lovely colour. & as a pink it lasts forever for me.
I last did mine over Fire too & it turned such a nice shade between red & pink. I really want to get back to that.

I rinsed mine over the bath... big mistake. My other half said it looked like I'd murdered barney & chopped him up. /:

• Senior Hair Addict
    • Poppy Augarde Hairdressing
  • Current Colour: Greeeeeen 🐛
« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 10 / 08:24 PM »
The exact thing happend to me, i washed it out when i was in the shower.. stained EVERYTHING.. the white walls.. bath.. floor.. had to buy my mother a new shower curtain.. she wasnt pleased lol, i've never known a colour to stain so badly.. it is a beautiful colour though =]
Poppy Augarde | Colour Technician | Hairdresser | Cornwall

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 10 / 01:56 PM »
Hi, I was wanting to mix Directions Rose Red and Crazy Colour Fire, I was wondering how your Rose Red came out over Fire?
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

debra_beretta

« Reply #6 on: 04 Nov 10 / 10:56 PM »
After being black haired for about 5 years, I used Colour B4 and went Rose Red. It's a lovely colour but it stained my bathroom really badly, especially on the vinyl floor tiles! Also, as I style my hair in the bathroom, I've shed hair on the floor, it's gotten wet and left strand-shaped marks everywhere. No more rose red for this one! >_<

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #7 on: 05 Nov 10 / 09:25 AM »
I have a red ring around my bath from Rose Red haha, and my turbie towel is now pink instead of white.

But I adore how this colour came out, I've had so many compliments on it. I was wary at first because I wasn't after a dark red but the pink really shines out making it brighter.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

iwasRibena

« Reply #8 on: 08 Feb 11 / 06:23 PM »
I used this a while ago on orange hair :o
It turned 'ribena' colour (thats where i got my nickname, now its ginger...), and it was only bright for a week :[
then it went dull and dodgy :/
and it wont even budge either, its showing through my ginger hair D;
It was okay, but i wish it never bled much either, it even put my mum off doing my hair now...

• Full Hair Addict
  • PAAARTAAAY!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 11 / 01:29 PM »
i love that colour! think ill try that one soon!
Blood...Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge... other times it helps me control the chaos...

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories