Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Colour B4 Information  (Read 159099 times)  Share 

Ghostie

Re: Colour B4 Information
« Reply #225 on: 08 Aug 14 / 11:25 AM »
Finally removed what was left of my faded black dye with extra strength colour B4, and after rinsing for 32 minutes in total and buffering etc, I was left with a light gingery brown, leading up to slightly purple ends (most likely due to staining from Purple semis over bleach that has grown out). All as expected, but...
...three washes later with clarifying shampoos, and my ends seem to have really darkened :(
Is it possible for reoxidation to occur without the involvement of peroxide?  *stars*

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #226 on: 08 Aug 14 / 11:40 AM »
Unfortunately, yes. If the colour molecules can't get out of the hair, one suggestion being silicone melted onto the hair by straighteners etc causing a barrier, then they will just re-oxidise anyway.

You can do it up to three times though. Sometimes it really has to be done!
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Ghostie

« Reply #227 on: 08 Aug 14 / 11:44 AM »
Gah :(
I've never used straighteners, but there must be something going on...
Will do another B4 treatment and keep using the clarifying stuff.
Thanks, Janine :)

« Reply #228 on: 08 Aug 14 / 11:54 AM »
It could be hair dryers too. There's a lot of reasons. Build up is another, just so much that nothing removes it.

It might be worth trying Decolour Remover too. I prefer it to Colour B4.

Ghostie

« Reply #229 on: 08 Aug 14 / 12:12 PM »
Thanks again, will give that a try instead :)

lovali

« Reply #230 on: 31 Aug 14 / 11:54 PM »
Haven't been on here in a long time but need some advice please lovely people.

Just got to the end of this topic & I'm still confused about which product would be the best to try. My hair is fairly short & I'd estimate that the last 3 inches is hair that has previously been bleached & had crazy colour capri blue & hot purple on that persistently faded to greenish within a couple of weeks. This has been covered with a LIVE XXL black probably 5 times over the past yearish.

With the combination of crazy colour & permanent would Colour B4 or Decolour Remover be the best bet to try first? I'm also still a little confused about the difference between colour remover & colour stripper & how you choose which product is best for your situation.

I'm ultimately hoping to go back to a magenta & purple combo. 

pippachainsaw

« Reply #231 on: 01 Sep 14 / 08:00 PM »
Colour remover shrinks or removes colour molecules. Colour stripper is like a bleach bath. it strips the dye.

I would use decolour, as it's hands down the best. you have to bear in mind that xxl can be severely permanent as it contains sillicones. which when you use high heat 200 degrees plus, it physically melts into your shaft.

you only needs a ginger for a vibrant pink and purple, so do up to three rounds of decolour, then if your hair is ok, do bleach baths until you reach a pale enough ginger.

lovali

« Reply #232 on: 01 Sep 14 / 08:05 PM »
Brilliant, thanks for the info. I'm hoping I won't get the horrific XXL effect as I never use heat on my hair :)

Liseypeach

« Reply #233 on: 09 Oct 14 / 10:34 AM »
Hi all! I'm about to apply Adee Phelan colour remover on my hair but I have been reading that using a clarifying shampoo before application is advised? Why is this? I haven't washed my hair for a day or two and wondering if that would affect the result - also I only have colour protecting shampoo to use :(

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
« Reply #234 on: 09 Oct 14 / 11:43 AM »
Clarifying shampoo opens up the hair cuticle and allows for better penetration of the color remover.  don't forget to fully dry your hair before applying the remover.

Liseypeach

« Reply #235 on: 09 Oct 14 / 11:55 AM »
Ah that makes sense! I guess just head to boots and pick up a shampoo that says "clarifying" on it? Should I use conditioner?

« Reply #236 on: 09 Oct 14 / 12:01 PM »
It also removes silicones (left from products that contain it) that would keep the cuticle closed.

No, don't use conditioner. It should all be in the instructions. You wash, without using conditioner, and dry. Then use the colour remover.

Liseypeach

« Reply #237 on: 09 Oct 14 / 02:07 PM »
Haha I'm such a noob, forgive me! Thanks my loves

andamooka

« Reply #238 on: 16 Oct 14 / 07:47 PM »
God the stink of this stuff doesn't half last! It's been nearly a week, and I thought it was only me who could smell it, until one of the kids in class asked had anyone farted when I was stood by them marking a book :(

ducktorwho

« Reply #239 on: 14 Nov 14 / 09:05 PM »
I went to my stylist last weekend and asked her about color remover, like Color Oops. She told me it was just bleach. Or maybe she meant that it's the same as bleach damage-wise. I know that's not true though. Do most stylists really not know? Or are they just trying to get you to go to them?

« Reply #240 on: 14 Nov 14 / 09:32 PM »
Lots of stylists have no idea what colour removers really. I don't know if they assume it's just the same as what stylists have typically always done, ie a bleach or bleach bath or if they go by an older product. I recently had a stylist tell me how horribly damaging they were and then was shocked to hear I use them all the time and the worst they do is dry my hair out a little bit. He still wouldn't accept it though and wouldn't listen to my explanation of how they work. He just said I'm lucky! I think some have made up their minds and won't listen to reason.

Sexytinkabell

« Reply #241 on: 14 Nov 14 / 09:32 PM »
Yes  point of selling you there product n services n its not bleach at all. It removes the color  moleculars. Remove to base color like a ginger or brown . don't listen to the hair stylist cause there not always right  =)

Loulou451

« Reply #242 on: 19 Nov 14 / 05:30 PM »
Hi all, I have been bleach blonde my whole life, in July i decided to go red xxl red passion, roots came through and so I put xxl midnight red on.was so dark,   in October I used colour b4 extra it 2 as patchy and awful, so straight away used xxl red passion  *ott* been washing with head and shoulders and baby shampoo. Yesterday I used colour b4 extra again twice, I have ginger hair I really dislike. Salon did strand test yesterday with bleach and it didn't lift at all!!!! Why not??? Please help me... I want to go back blonde, hair is in good condition as I regularly do treatments .... any help appreciated  Thanks xx

Sexytinkabell

« Reply #243 on: 19 Nov 14 / 06:14 PM »
Hey Lou  I think it best  if you start using toner
r shampoo first  n only do the treatment once every few weeks . I think its best if you let your hair rest for a few days. Then bleach bath it slowley  . but try Schwartzkopf's blond me.  7 lifts in one bleaching . but I would also try using coconut oil first before bleaching.
 Then after  use Aussie minute miracle. But still use toner shampoo. Shimmerlights by clariol . hope this helps

« Reply #244 on: 19 Nov 14 / 07:16 PM »
Salon did strand test yesterday with bleach and it didn't lift at all!!!! Why not??? Please help me... I want to go back blonde, hair is in good condition as I regularly do treatments .... any help appreciated  Thanks xx

I'm afraid the answer won't be any different here than in the other thread you started. As a bleach didn't lift the colour, bleaching bathing won't either.

Sexytinkabell

« Reply #245 on: 19 Nov 14 / 10:31 PM »
No it will actually work  to bleach bath your but in small stages as theyre maybe still product in your hair.
 Besides other the ones you have done.
 But you should put a semi permanent dye on for the mean time .
Let your hair rest but also use  a shampoo that will repair .

« Reply #246 on: 19 Nov 14 / 11:12 PM »
Well, she can try, but I don't see why it would work when a full bleach didn't do anything. If a full bleach didn't lift it, then bleach baths will almost certainly do nothing, even over weeks. It'll just be damage for no result.

I mean to add last time, Aussie doesn't actually really do much for the hair. It's full of silicones so just coats the hair and makes it feel good, while the damage is still there.

Loulou451

« Reply #247 on: 20 Nov 14 / 12:01 PM »
Thank you for the reply, I am going to leave it as long as I can before doing anything again. Have semi permanant medium ash blonde on which has made it even darker, it won't let me upload photos from my phone for some reason :(

• Full Hair Addict
« Reply #248 on: 26 Apr 16 / 01:56 PM »
I've dyed my hair and it's too pink for work. So I put orange over it so it's peach but I just don't want it like that. Can I use colour b4 today?
I've used directions dye

« Reply #249 on: 26 Apr 16 / 02:11 PM »
Yes you can. It might not do too much though, it sometimes isn't very effective on freshly dyed, not faded hair (with Direct dyes that is).

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2021

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories