Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: trying to get rid of the darn pink in my hair  (Read 3088 times)  Share 

nytelightning

trying to get rid of the darn pink in my hair
« on: 20 Aug 11 / 06:59 AM »
I had dyed my hair a really pretty purple and when it faded, all the purple was gone and it was neon pink! That's because it was a red based purple. So tonight I needed to bleach my roots badly and I slapped the bleach on my roots and also on the rest of the hair. It took some of the pink out and now my roots and the ends are blonde.... I want to go blue next so I have to get the most of the pink out or it will turn purple (which I don't mind, I love purple) but I'm ready for blue. So I wanted to show you guys my results. I actually kind of like it LOL I might keep it for a while!

Re: trying to get rid of the darn pink in my hair
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 11 / 09:53 AM »
Oh i like it!,would look really good if you put blue on and had the purple in the front too,i like different shades!.
That is the pink i would love to get mine to!.

• Dye-Hard
  • I'm Your Hairy Godmother!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 11 / 11:24 AM »
Oh, yeah. I'd say. Blue roots and ends, and purple lengths in your hair would look amazing, I think.
It just might fade a bit dodgy. Especially if you don't get rid of the yellow in your hair first.

If you want to fade out the pink, try using washing up liquid or Anti-dandruff shampoo. They both fade out really well, but I'm not sure how it would affect that, since the majority has already been removed.
People will stare. Make it worth their while.

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 11 / 12:44 PM »
oooh looks nice
Feel free to add me on fb Debbie Pinkydinkydoo Swift :D

nytelightning

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 11 / 05:12 AM »
Thanks guys! Yeah I need to get the rest of the yellow out or when I do blue it's going to turn green LOL Actually I'm excited about doing the blue roots and ends and the rest purple :) When the red based purple faded it faded to neon pink.....and this is the result after bleaching it. It's still a pretty shade of pink but I just don't want it anymore. Oh and the purple faded completely out at the ends

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 11 / 10:48 AM »
It turned out pretty neat--I like the idea of blue-purple-blue XD

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 11 / 05:21 PM »
When I went from red to purple to blue I was left with hair like this because of using Rose Red and Plum by Directions since they're pink based. I just put Turquoise and Atlantic over it hoping it would turn out alright and it did. The blues were strong enough.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

minipanda

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 11 / 09:19 PM »
Yes, I think you can try the blue over the faded pink. I used to have horrible green hair (due to a black dye...); I bleached a little to have a very light green (but still ugly for me), then I dyed with a crazy colour pinkissimo, and it went perfect. I don't think you need to have your hair blonde each time you want to change colour.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories