Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Was that meeee????  (Read 4331 times)  Share 

Mathurine

Was that meeee????
« on: 13 Aug 11 / 03:45 PM »
After putting up pictures in a thread about dreadlocks I just want to compare this woman:

With THIS woman.

Wow! What  difference! The first picture is me about two minutes before I ran upstairs to section my hair for dreads. The second picture is me after the last time I dyed my hair.

OMG! Didn't I look old? Dreading my hair and dyeing it bright, matching in my eyebrows.. All probably some of the best things I ever did.

pierat

Re: Was that meeee????
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 11 / 04:03 PM »
Are you sure that's you hehe :)

I think we should all put up our before and after pics!

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 11 / 04:06 PM »
I would not have recognised you Mathurine!
You looked good before, but so much younger and brighter now.
I will need to dig out an old pic of me for a before and after lol
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Mathurine

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 11 / 04:13 PM »
I know right? I mean I realise that I wasn't wearing make up in the first picture and I am in the second one but even so, that's one heck of a difference. My daughter just took a look and said, "oh my, was that you?" She kind of remembers me looking that way but everyone just thinks of me as "pink dreads person" these days.

Mouse

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 11 / 04:21 PM »
Wow, what a difference! I much prefer the dreads on you, they're so bright and fun, and I absolutely adore the colours that they are in that picture! Your children are so lucky to have an alternative mummy, I would have been ridiculously chuffed if my mother had pink hair when I was a child. :3

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 11 / 04:51 PM »
Love the dreads on you, they make you look much younger and prettier.

Debbielou

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 11 / 05:53 PM »
WOW!!!! what a amazing difference!! You look good in the first piccie, but fabulous in the second, and the dreads and colours suit you sooo much, theyre just YOU!! :D

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 11 / 07:39 PM »
Wow!  It's such an amazing difference!

Marte

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 11 / 07:49 PM »
What an awesome difference! :D

Cjiadon

« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 11 / 08:42 PM »
I think the dreads look so great on you!  It's an amazing difference.  I've seen this before too.  After my mom started doing her hair turquoise for a while, I completly forgot that she had been bleach blond for the first twenty years of my life beforehand.  I had to strain to remember what it looked like. XD

It's similar with a friend of mine too.  We met a few years ago when I had normal hair.  We were talking the other day and she said that having blue hair was so 'me'.  I asked her, "Really?  Even though you met me with normal hair?"  She said, "Oh, did I?  I forget.  I always think you of as having blue hair."

Robyness

« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 11 / 11:24 PM »
OH MY GOSH!!!
No way is that you!!!!!!
That is like a complete transformation!!

*gets over shock*

Those dreads make you look amazing Matty :)

MissPiggy

« Reply #11 on: 14 Aug 11 / 10:17 AM »
Its amazing what a hairstyle can do for you!

You dint look old before just normal, (hate the word) but now you look so vibrant and out there! :)

pippachainsaw

« Reply #12 on: 14 Aug 11 / 10:43 AM »
your such a total babe matty

Inquisitress

« Reply #13 on: 14 Aug 11 / 12:25 PM »
Wow Mathurine, you look so different. I like how you look in the first pic, but with the brightly coloured dreads and eyebrows you look amazing, and a bit younger too :)

Mathurine

« Reply #14 on: 14 Aug 11 / 06:28 PM »
Thanks everyone - especially Pippa who gets my lovings for the next week and a half now. ;D

I remember seeing an interview with Pete Burns and they asked him why all the surgery and face changes etc. He said that when he looked in the mirror he felt that it wasn't him looking back. Now he feels like it's the man he was born to be. That's kind of how I feel about me too.

The me in the first picture was "ok" and I didn't mind her but I kept changing my hair around because I was trying to find my look in there somewhere. Years ago I had braids and I felt more "me" back then but peer pressure made me take them out and I regretted it. I'd always wanted dreads but back then they were considered "dirty". So I got braids as a "clean" alternative.

Now that dreads are more accepted I decided to go for them and immediately knew I'd done the right thing. Again, when I dyed them bright pink I felt more comfortable. I had black dreads underneath at first but it wasn't right. So I changed them to green. Again, not right. I went to full pink with orange at the ends but the orange went dark, probably due to leakage from the pink. So this time I went pink, orange and yellow at the ends to allow for the colour run and bam! Pink and orange dreads! And yeah... That's me.

Livvv

« Reply #15 on: 14 Aug 11 / 06:39 PM »
Such an amazing difference! :D I love how the colours in your dreads fade together so perfectly!

KittyLost

« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 11 / 07:10 PM »
What a vibrant make-over! Completely unrecognizable.

You look good in both though :)

Clockwork Phee

« Reply #17 on: 16 Aug 11 / 04:11 AM »
wooow that's crazy! Much prefer the second of course but there's nothing wrong with the first.  The dreads are kinda just like an upgrade >_<

• Current Colour: Lilac
« Reply #18 on: 16 Aug 11 / 08:43 AM »
Spectacular!
Brain tumour survivor. I shaved my head for charity on 14 November 2017!

Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Picklezzz

« Reply #19 on: 16 Aug 11 / 12:40 PM »
You look great darling. It may sound silly to say but I'm glad you had the courage to change into what you wanted. A lot of people don't, they're constantly worried what people will think so they never look the way they want and they live their lives dreaming of how they could be and what they want to look like.

You easily look 10/15 years younger and you look fresh, vibrant and happy. It's a great example to your kids.

Mathurine

« Reply #20 on: 17 Aug 11 / 11:10 AM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone!

Yeah I've never been the type to worry about what other people thought but when I had the braids I had sooo many people being negative about them that I just gave in and took them out. I should have just toughed it out, they would have accepted them sooner or later.

The only hassle I get about my hair is from my grandmother! But then she hates everything I do so... meh. I have pointed out to her that she raised me so whatever I've become must have had some of her influence, but it made no difference. ;D

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories