Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Black and Blue mayhem  (Read 6185 times)  Share 

ColourCoated

Black and Blue mayhem
« on: 17 Jul 11 / 06:35 PM »
Until very recently I've had waist length black hair, because its so thick and black it was pretty unmanageable and never dyed it because of the amount of bleaching it would need to lighten it. I decided to get short hair with blue highlights. To be honest, i thought the idea was ambitious because a vibrant blue would need pretty light hair before the dye goes on.

First thing is first, gotta cut away 3 feet of hair! (it pained me to do this)

Now to bleach. Problem is, i will need 3 bleaches of 30 volume. The bleaching process alone took over two and a half hours and this amount of bleaching will fry the vast majority of peoples but mine was virgin hair and thick enough to take quite a bit of abuse. Having said this, i had the bleaching done professionally because i was still pretty scared of destroying my hair.

Then the blue goes on! had to be careful because it would tint the jet black hair a sickly green colour. These are the results!!!

• Rose Gold Autumn - personal blog
  • Current Colour: Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise
Re: Black and Blue mayhem
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 11 / 06:52 PM »
I love it! And wow, that's lot of hair to have cut off! :)
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Mathurine

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 11 / 07:55 PM »
Wow I bet it was painful to lose all that hair! The results are worth it though, you look fab!

piestar

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 11 / 09:50 PM »
guys look better with shorter hair anyway imo- blue looks so vibrant! lovely :D

Cjiadon

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 11 / 09:57 PM »
Actually, I prefer guys with long hair.  XD  Colorcoated, I probably would have  cried to see you cut off that hair off.

But it looks great short too.

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 11 / 10:05 PM »
I'm the same - love long hair on guys (so I would have cried too cjaidon) but the blue/black looks gorgeous on you.
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

ColourCoated

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 11 / 10:09 PM »
 :) Thanks for the compliments.

I did :'( a lil inside when i was getting the pony tail cut off. My head felt so much lighter afterwards too! I kept the ponytail and did loadsa strand tests to find the right blue. I was so scared of breaking what little hair i had left because of the bleaching.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 11 / 11:22 PM »
It looks great, and hair grows back :)

ThatPsycho

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 11 / 11:48 PM »
It looks great :)

ColourCoated

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 11 / 12:34 AM »
Thanks  :)

I would have put a picture of me before my haircut but after about a year i had to always keep my hair in a ponytail because it was just too big and and it made me feel like my head was wrapped in a big blanket. Here's a picture of me a year and a half into growing it, Imagine that hair but twice longer, and A LOT bigger.

(i don't know why i kept growing it for so long, it looked horrible and felt like horses hair)

Cjiadon

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 11 / 02:13 AM »
It looks awesome!

As for cutting it all off... I did that too a few years ago.  My hair was so long I had to move it to sit down.  I cut it all off for a super short style and donated it.  My head had never felt so different.

Mathurine

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 11 / 11:06 AM »
Long hair on guys looks awesome but if it gets bushy and out of control then there's not much you can do. It did look fab though.

KittyLost

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 11 / 01:57 PM »
Great new look!

ainomiko

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 11 / 06:14 AM »
I am another who loves long hair on guys, that being said your shorter hair looks fantastic and the black/blue combo is very striking!

Robyness

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 11 / 09:38 AM »
I think the shorter black and blue looks wayyy better on you!
More manageable... and its not like its shaved off, you still have some hair to work with :P

ChibiChelt

« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 11 / 12:01 PM »
I think your one of the lucky ones who can rock super long or short hair, both look great and that blue looks gorgeous  ;D

MikkiSixx

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 11 / 12:41 PM »
omg the long hair looked gorgeous! i am also a sucker for guys with long hair hehe. i like the new cut though n the colour looks great ^^

ColourCoated

« Reply #17 on: 20 Jul 11 / 11:34 PM »
Thanks all

I think every time i do stuff to my hair, Britain receives heavy rainy weather for a week. Ive been caught in the rain a few times and the colour has run a bit and faded a bit in places already because of the water. I also been trying to delay the first wash after the dye job as long as possible i still have the fair amount of colour coming off on things.

Worst was, last night i ended up staying round a friends house and turned her pillow completely blue and her childhood teddy a lil blue. hahaha

I might go blue velvet v soon as i hear the shade is a little darker at first but when it fades, it will fade to a bright purple rather than an uneven green and its A LOT easier to keep the colour vibrant, even after a month!

yummysweets

« Reply #18 on: 20 Jul 11 / 11:54 PM »
Your hair looks great both ways!
I know what you mean about the rain. I try to make sure I have a hat/cap, umbrella or raincoat, it's a pain, but I would do this anyway so my hair doesn't go all frizzy or wavy.
I prefer purple based blues personally, and like the dark ones because they last longer. My hair is directions plum, when I get tired of it I will try directions neon blue which is purple based as well, though this may not be for a while yet. Blue velvet looks goreous, it would look great on you though you might not have much contrast between the blue and natural dark hair at first, but I think it's worth it!

Cjiadon

« Reply #19 on: 21 Jul 11 / 03:35 AM »
I keep a bandanna in my bag for rain. >.>

More pictures.

ChibiChelt

« Reply #20 on: 21 Jul 11 / 05:23 PM »
When I had my blue hair I fell asleep on my friends cream couch and stained it blue  :o luckily it's leather I got most of it off it left a very very pale tint  ???

Cjiadon

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jul 11 / 06:33 PM »
When I had my blue hair I fell asleep on my friends cream couch and stained it blue  :o luckily it's leather I got most of it off it left a very very pale tint  ???

I'm pretty sure I would have had to offer my life in servitude if this happened to me.  o.o

ColourCoated

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jul 11 / 09:08 PM »
Ive decided to get here a personalized pillow case with my face on it, to replace the pillow i made blue (if i knew these existed i would have given these as gifts to EVERYONE long ago :D).

As for the childhood teddy-bear... not much can be done about that lol.

pierat

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jul 11 / 03:56 PM »
Haha that's a really cool idea for presents!

ColourCoated

« Reply #24 on: 02 Aug 11 / 03:02 AM »
Need to redye soon, even though the way its faded looks cool.

The bleach roots have lost their dye completely and go from red-orange-blonde-green-original blue colour in about an inch, like a natural mini rainbow. The rest of the hair is a deep blue inside, but then a bit purple on the fringe and a bit on the sides where its received ample sunlight.

Of course you wont see ANY of the awesome colours unless i come my hair back (and then i look terrible)

Ill get pictures up before i redye later this week. Im thinking of going a bit darker blue, does anyone have pictures of blue mayhem mixed with blue velvet?

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories