Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Change In Blue Dyes?  (Read 453 times)  Share 

• Current Colour: Turquoise
Change In Blue Dyes?
« on: 02 Mar 20 / 01:43 PM »
Hi, as a blue/turquoise hair dye user I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed the change in colour/shade vibrancy when using any blue/turquoise hair dyes? I mainly use MP Atomic Turquoise (used to use Voodoo Blue which I LOVED until they sadly discontinued selling it in the UK/EU☹️) and Directions Turquoise and lately have noticed both dyes aren’t the same formula they used to be - they are definitely not as vibrant as they used to be & almost look a bit wishy-washy now which is making me so sad as I love a really vibrant blue/turquoise. I know lately there was some changes to some of the dye formulas but I wondered if anyone else had heard anything/had more info on why this has happened? Cheers!

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
Re: Change In Blue Dyes?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 20 / 07:58 PM »
There was a change a few years ago in blue dyes in the EU because something was banned by the EU. I can't remember what it was, annoyingly. I'm not in the UK now, I moved to NZ a year and a half ago, so something could have changed again.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

The following users thanked this post: Ghoulscout

• Current Colour: Turquoise
« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 20 / 10:29 PM »
Yeah, I remember hearing something about that a while ago but it seems like there must have been another change as formulation for MP Atomic Turquoise is most definitely not the same as it used to be - you can tell just from looking at the tub; it looks like a much more muted, pale greyish blue shade! So different to what it used to look like. I've also noticed on my hair it’s much less vivid and almost a bit ‘muddy’ looking which is breaking my heart coz I LOVE a bright, vivid turquoise. So sad ☹️ I recently purchased the Adore Jade hair dye and that looks more like the old Atomic Turquoise so fingers crossed that can replace it!
If anyone has any other tips for good, bright turquoise dyes then please do let me know, thanks! 😃

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #3 on: 04 Mar 20 / 01:45 AM »
Oh that's a shame. Atomic Turquoise had become a fav of mine (the only manic Panic colour I've ever really rated well personally) after the change with Directions Turquoise (it went more green than I wanted). Good luck with Jade, let us know how it goes!
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red (part unbleached hair)
« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 20 / 02:33 PM »
Hi,

We've not had any notification of changes to the formula apart from the EU ingredients change a couple of years ago that Janine mentioned.  I will however forward this to Manic Panic UK for their feedback and let you know what they say.
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories