Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique InstagramBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Black Hair Dye, Help?  (Read 115 times)  Share 

• Junior Hair Addict
  • To redye my hair or not that is the question?
Black Hair Dye, Help?
« on: 16 Jan 19 / 07:38 AM »
So i shaved all my hair off in September and haven't dyed it since.
I'm now planning on dying my virgin dark brown hair black without bleaching it first using a semi permanent dye. But i'm not sure what black semi permanent dye to use?

I know i don't want a green based black i would rather blue if possible or maybe a red or brown base would be better?

Any way i bought Star Gazer - Pitch Black and Crazy Color - Black and tested both on a black piece of white paper. Crazy Color came out a dark slightly purplish blue which i guess is an okay base.
But Star Gazer came out a red brown that looks like some shade of auburn which makes me worry.
Will the Star Gazer - Pitch Black even turn hair black?

Any advice on either of these dyes or other black dyes would be very helpful.
Especially as i normally only use directions so have no idea how this is going to turn out and i really don't want to have to resort to using permanent black dye like i used too.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I'd tell you where the chocolate is but then i'd have to share :P

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
Re: Black Hair Dye, Help?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 19 / 03:09 PM »
The best blue based black i have used is adore blue black. it has a great fade and lasted quite a long time in my hair with minimal staining. I have not used star gazer as it doesnt usually stick to my hair well but a lot of black are red based and will look black even if they seem brown on the paper.
I don't know how much any of them will stick to your hair if you dont open up the cuticle somehow.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 19 / 07:21 PM »
Is adore blue black actually black and by that i mean will it dye my hair black?
Because the colour on the packaging is blue so i was worried it would dye hair blue not black.
I was planing on buying adore black velvet by it turns out my local shop doesn't sell adore dye which is why i bought star gazer and crazy colour instead.
Though i might try buying some adore dye online.

Yer i read through some old posts that said black dye doesn't stick very well to virgin hair.
Has me worried if it will stick to mine at all but i guess i may just have to try and see.

Thanks for your advice.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 19 / 10:17 AM »
adore black velvet and jet black are both brown based. And yes, blue black comes out black. I have used all three of those and blueblack is my favorite. you can even mix them if you feel like the blueblack might not be dark enough. I have mixed blue black with jet black for a lovely pitch black color.
ive read somewhere you can do a 10 minute perxide (10vol) rinse to open up cuticle without getting color out but i have never done it myself. Might be worth researching if you want to just quickly open up the cuticle for better results.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 19 / 03:17 PM »
Thanks i might try opening the cuticles with peroxide if my dyes don't take to virgin hair.
I'm also glad to hear the blue black turns out black so i may have to buy that online next time.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2018

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories