Author Topic: White hair tutorial  (Read 34622 times)  Share 

Tweetyeti

Re: White hair tutorial
« Reply #25 on: 28 May 11 / 08:10 PM »
Kool!!! I want picturessss!!!!

Kaziza

« Reply #26 on: 05 Jun 11 / 01:28 PM »
This is really helpful - i have been dying my BF's hair for about a year now, and this does help my technique!

carolineredshaw

« Reply #27 on: 01 Jul 11 / 01:18 PM »
I've been using Directions dyes and leaving it on for a good couple of hours. Should I do the same with the toner?

hamstaoftragedy

« Reply #28 on: 01 Jul 11 / 02:21 PM »
No. If you leave the toner on for too long it might become pastel violet. Which will (given a really nice and pale blonde base colour) turn into white after a few washes - but if you want white from the beginning you should kind of monitor your hair to find the right moment to rinse it out.

Gothicle

« Reply #29 on: 06 Jul 11 / 07:28 PM »
When using the directions white toner.. i find its really important to try and spread it out over the head as much as you can, for example dont scoop it into your hand and shove it on one side of ur head then spread it, because i find the hair absorbs the colour as quickly as it can.. and that side of ur head is most likely to go that pastel violet, i find you need to paint it on one little bit at a time, then comb it through

carolineredshaw

« Reply #30 on: 09 Jul 11 / 11:03 AM »
Thank you guys :)

ZweilyQ

« Reply #31 on: 30 Jul 11 / 05:22 AM »
Question #1:
I have that type of super stubborn, dark, dark, dark brown, almost black, super resilient Asian hair that's really hard to dye, but it can stand up to some harsh punishment. I can go through a bad bleach job with minimal damage to my ends, a slightly itchy scalp, and a gross orange color. Will this method work for me?

Question #2:
Would it be a good idea to use a bleach bath for a few weeks prior to the first bleaching in order to kind of "prep" my hair, since it's so dark?

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
« Reply #32 on: 08 Aug 11 / 03:29 PM »
which is the best toner to use? I've been using the directions one and even if i spread it evenly and quickly ( with the help of my boyfriend) i still find that it leaves parts that look the same as with no toner and the bottom and front parts absorb it way too quickly and end up violet .
Is there one that will give me a more even color?

Moo Eleven

« Reply #33 on: 11 Aug 11 / 10:23 AM »
I tried Manic Panic Virgin Snow - it was ok, but expensive.  Try Wella Colourfresh 0/6 silver.  It's gentle and works beautifully. Then I shampoo twice a week with Provoke Purple Shampoo.

I LOVE my white blonde hair, but after a year (despite deep conditioning using OjOn conditioners etc) it's breaking off a lot.  I've had it cut short, but even so, my hairdresser said that in places at the back my hair has pretty much 'melted' into tufts!!!  Time to go dark again... which colour????    Dark dark brown, with some hints of plum or blue-black???   Decisions, decisions. 

ZweilyQ

« Reply #34 on: 11 Aug 11 / 06:38 PM »
blue black is always a very beautiful, subtle cool. that's probably what i'm going to do when i go dark again.

shamelessexhibitionism

« Reply #35 on: 03 Oct 11 / 07:51 PM »
Thank you <3
I'm currently working on this

Gothicle

« Reply #36 on: 01 Feb 12 / 12:23 PM »
Here are some recent photos of the last white i did...

I used something new called "Frosty milkshake toner" by loriel, you need to buy the matching 2.5% peroxide though. Her hair was a light blonde, and i shampooed with the violet shampoo, then i used the toner, then i used the Directions white toner with a tad bit of silver toner mixed in.

For those who are interested in buying the toner, its called

9.01 Frosty Milkshake toner by Richesse (Loriel)
and you'll need to buy the matching Richesse Peroxide bottle which is 2.5%

FaithValentine

« Reply #37 on: 02 Feb 12 / 08:34 PM »
Alice La Vie! Sorry I recognized her from Facebook, she's one of my favorite models :] Nice job ! xx

beckslayer

« Reply #38 on: 20 Apr 12 / 12:09 AM »
wow great advice and beautiful pic x

leahpardo

« Reply #39 on: 01 Jul 12 / 03:58 PM »
That's so pretty :)

• Senior Hair Addict
  • murder researcher
« Reply #40 on: 02 Jul 12 / 11:53 AM »
So jeluzzzz. I will go white before autumn. I have deiced. (Or at the very least a very pale violet)
I don't care if it's true

SatansDirtyWife

« Reply #41 on: 27 Jul 12 / 02:35 PM »
oh wow! always wanted to try white hair but always been really scared ... MIGHT try this one day :D

neva

« Reply #42 on: 28 Jul 12 / 10:18 PM »
owww thanks for this tutorial <3

i want white hair (or lilac maybe but first white)
i have white blond hair but i have a problem:

they are white blond at the roots (4/5cm)
blond in the middle
and white blond (a little silver because of my silver shampoo) at the end, but no everywhere

O_O

why the middle is not white blond?

should i re bleach my hair, just in the middle?

if you can help me, thanks a lot :)

309358_3902091905048_1152994754_n by so wicked trendy, on Flickr

Image 1 by so wicked trendy, on Flickr

meeshybop

« Reply #43 on: 29 Jul 12 / 10:31 AM »
You could bleach bath just those bits and tone up :)

neva

« Reply #44 on: 29 Jul 12 / 11:17 AM »
ok thanks :)
you think just a bleach bath can remove the yellow tint in the middle?

pippachainsaw

« Reply #45 on: 30 Jul 12 / 10:40 PM »
it should do. only one way to find out though ;) don't forget to coconut oil before hand.

also if it does work could you reprt back please? as im sure others will have this problem in the future

sashastar4

« Reply #46 on: 10 Oct 12 / 10:40 PM »
Bleached my hair 2 weeks ago and did a second bleach today. Afterwards I used the directions white toners and it's not white:( I did just like the label says and washed my hair with a ph shampoo before hand. I'm at a loss. Should I try another white toner?

hanloveshair

« Reply #47 on: 10 Oct 12 / 11:34 PM »
brilliant, so many people asking about this!!

« Reply #48 on: 11 Oct 12 / 07:39 AM »
Bleached my hair 2 weeks ago and did a second bleach today. Afterwards I used the directions white toners and it's not white:( I did just like the label says and washed my hair with a ph shampoo before hand. I'm at a loss. Should I try another white toner?

How is the condition of your hair?  We don't recommend bleaching less than four weeks apart in order to give the hair time to recover fully.  Directions white toner will only work if your hair is very, very pale ... like inside-of-a-banana yellow, as said in the first post of this thread.

sashastar4

« Reply #49 on: 11 Oct 12 / 01:13 PM »
The condition of my hair is good. Better condition now after single bleachings I the past. The coconut oil trick works wonders and I have been sleeping with k-pak on a few nights a week:) and my hair was light! I mean it lightened it up a little and took a little of the yellowish color out, but mmy hair is definitely not white. I am going to try to use some purple and blue ultra diluted this evening and hopefully it works better:)

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories