Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Series recommendations  (Read 4105 times)  Share 

Marte

Re: Series recommendations
« Reply #25 on: 17 Aug 14 / 09:55 PM »
To mention some of my favourites:
- Sherlock (it's perfection!)
- Elementary (the american version, with Lucy Lui!)
- Criminal Minds (old as heck, but still going strong!)
- Grey's Anatomy (because.. why not?! :D)
- Orange is the New black (Both seasons are on Netflix!)

g474xy_g1r7

« Reply #26 on: 27 Aug 14 / 08:47 AM »
I enjoy scifi, international mystery, fantasy. Many mentioned above. I enjoy original versions of The Bridge/Broen, The Killing & Johan Falk, The Nicolas Le Floch Affair, Braquo, Anno 1790, Engrenages or Spiral and most other int.myst. many with women whom kick it! Some of the First shows I binge watched were Sharpe, Hornblower, Dexter, Supernatural. I think I enjoyed Strike Back. I am watching Outlander & love time travel shows. I wish Legend of the Seeker, Stargate(s), Farscape, Battlestar, Torchwood  shows were still playing.
The original The Returned :D

Did you say which genre? *thinking* will keep adding... 8)
The Almighty Johnson's!
Metal Hurlant

Valaina

« Reply #27 on: 27 Aug 14 / 11:44 AM »
Ooh I am a series fanatic! I will try naming stuff that hasn't been named before.

I do definitely definitely definitely second Orange is the New Black. It's hilarious and so well-written. One of my latest favourites.

I'd personally recommend Californication, but only if you're ok with sex and drugs scenes. Oh and Hannibal! Such a pretty series, every episode is pure photographic art, while it's about serial killer Hannibal Lecter. Great acting, too.

I really love Louis Theroux's documentaries. There's three seasons, I believe. I don't know how he does it, but he always gets people to open up and share their stories. I have learnt so much from him!

I have also just started watching Fargo the other day (as I heard so many good things about it), and it looked promising.

Stacie

« Reply #28 on: 27 Aug 14 / 03:08 PM »
Orange is the new Black is so so good! On Netflix, i'd definitely recommend you watch it! And Fresh Meat is pretty good too  :D

raremens

« Reply #29 on: 01 Sep 14 / 12:18 PM »
orange is the new black i cant agree more, its awesome!

currently watching The Strain, which i know isnt on tv yet, been watching it online, pretty damn awesome!!

meeshybop

« Reply #30 on: 01 Sep 14 / 03:33 PM »
I just finished watching Bates Motel which is pretty good! Started watching Sons of Anarchy last night, love it after one episode.
A few weeks ago i started watching Salem online and really enjoyed it, so I should probably carry that on at some point!
I haven't been well recently, so started watching The River on Netflix as I was so bored, it was literally the worst thing ever. haha I could only watch 3/4 of an episode before I turned it off.

« Reply #31 on: 03 Sep 14 / 02:51 PM »
Oh yes, Californication, Hannibal and Bates Motel are also great ones.

• Rose Gold Autumn - personal blog
  • Current Colour: Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise
« Reply #32 on: 07 Sep 14 / 09:26 AM »

The Dome  A giant dome comes down over a town and there is no way out.  Four kids in the town are able to communicate with the dome like it's a living thing ... why?  What does it want?

I just started watching this last night and it is so good! I'm only on episode 3 but really enjoying it.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #33 on: 07 Sep 14 / 12:21 PM »
I watched the dome a few weeks ago. I have a feeling it might not go anywhere though...

I'm getting a bit tired of the mystery type series now. They seem to never end and when they do, like lost, it's a bit disappointing.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

« Reply #34 on: 08 Sep 14 / 10:26 AM »
I watched the dome a few weeks ago. I have a feeling it might not go anywhere though...

I'm getting a bit tired of the mystery type series now. They seem to never end and when they do, like lost, it's a bit disappointing.

There was an interesting plot twist in the one I watched last week (we download ours from the states, not sure where it's up to in the UK).

It's based on a Stephen King book.  My worry is they're going to drag it out for too long to try to make more money.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #35 on: 08 Sep 14 / 12:08 PM »
I watched it on US Netflix or Amazon, one or the other! I think I watched all the first series. I can't remember anything wildly interesting, but I should disclose, I don't always watch all these things properly as I'm working at the same time!

I have to admit to never being wild about Stephen king things, it doesn't surprise me that it is by him. It's not that I hate everything, but I do feel like he churns out a LOT and should probably not have half of it published, let alone filmed!
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

« Reply #36 on: 11 Sep 14 / 07:20 PM »
There was an interesting plot twist in the one I watched last week (we download ours from the states, not sure where it's up to in the UK).

UK is up to episode 3 of series 2. I also really hope it doesn't get dragged out too much, I've not read the book so no idea how it's supposed to end though. I'm really into it though, so hoping it stays good!

« Reply #37 on: 12 Sep 14 / 11:24 AM »
Ooh you're at the census, then!  We've watched up to episode 10 and we'll probably watch 11 tonight.  I won't say any spoilers!

« Reply #38 on: 18 Sep 14 / 04:39 PM »
Has anyone watched Dracula? With Jonathan Rhys Meyers? I watched episode 1 but wasn't really paying attention so may try again tonight

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories