Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Temporary cover ups?  (Read 2641 times)  Share 

• Current Colour: bluish
Temporary cover ups?
« on: 22 Jul 14 / 08:37 PM »
Ok so I'm only about 5% of the way through my journey to (dusky) pink hair, but I was wondering, what temporary dyes are best to use if I needed to cover up for whatever reason? Ideally stuff that would wash out in just a few washes - or is some staining inevitable? (thinking of dark brown or dark reddish colours) I've looked at adore and they seem to do a good range of non-outlandish shades.

EDIT: The pink I'm going for isn't exactly pastel something in the ball park of this http://dirtylooks.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/katy-perry-pink-hair.jpg (I don't like katie perry btw! but it wouldn't let me link the pic I wanted) but I don't want to put myself back to square one by mistake.

I don't have the money for wigs - and I have a big head and stupid thick hair anyway so it's unlikely I could get a wig to fit without looking obvious.  :)

Just thinking it would be a good idea to get something stashed away for emergencies.

• Full Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Purple dip-dye
Re: Temporary cover ups?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 14 / 03:03 AM »
There are coloured mousses you're supposed to use in between dye jobs, to refresh the dye and keep it nice until you dye it properly again. They should last about 3-6 washes (I say should because I had one a couple of years ago and it took me a month to get all of it away)

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 14 / 06:30 AM »
Yes, there's always a risk that any dye will stain.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 14 / 03:59 PM »
I agree with Janine, its a big risk to take, no matter what format the temp colour comes in. How about scarfs?

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories