Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: How to bleach roots?  (Read 2435 times)  Share 

m0rbi

How to bleach roots?
« on: 16 Jun 14 / 04:48 PM »
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how does everyone bleach their roots? I've been topping up my colour with dye mixed into conditioners and it's been working fine so far, but I'm beginning to get the skunk stripe of blonde. Thank you!

ajc109

Re: How to bleach roots?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 14 / 04:55 PM »
I bleach bath my roots since my natural colour is blonde. I mix the bleach and get my sister to apply it to my head since I can't do the back of my head myself. I use a tint brush to apply the bleach to my roots only and wrap my head up in cling film until it's done.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: pastel pink, lilac, white, silver
Re: How to bleach roots?
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 14 / 02:26 PM »
I have resistant dark ash blonde hair that grows about an inch a month up top and about a half inch a month on the bottom layers. I try to do my roots every 5 weeks so I don't get any banding. I use matrix Light Master, a very fast, high lifting bleach, and I make a bleach bath with it. I use 2 oz 30 vol, 2 oz shampoo then add the bleach powder until it's like a thin yogurt like consistency and apply it to hair that's been slathered in coconut oil from that morning and the night before + hasn't been washed in at least a week. I do the 'hot cross bun' sectioning, starting with the back sections and do the 2 front ones last. It takes 10 minutes to apply, then I cap it and let it set for another 15 minutes and I'm pale yellow
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories