Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: How I did Turquoise to Pink!  (Read 7128 times)  Share 

Azumarill

How I did Turquoise to Pink!
« on: 14 Feb 11 / 01:01 AM »
I decided to change my colour from turquoise (which I did love, but after 3/4 months, I was a bit bored) to pink!  I took a lot of pictures during it so I could keep track on how I did it, so heres the result!  I apologise for the messy rooms/no make-up photos and the sexy hair dying clothes!  :P
First, I stopped adding colour to my conditioner and used a detox shampoo to try and get as much colour out as I could, however, seeing as my hair is a sponge, after a month of it, this is as light as it got.

Next up, I tackled my roots, let it rest for a few days then did the extra strength colour b4.
While this left me all yellowy, which I needed - my hair was white in the fringe area before I dyed it turquoise all those months ago and I couldn't shift it without causing major damage to the hair, so I just left it, as it was quite light as you can see here:

Then I added toner to get rid of all the yellow, so I'd have a brighter base. :)

Then I did some strand tests for my pink, by now, with the light turquoise, pink and the lilac from the toner, my hair is 2 colours away from being a McFly song:

I pop on my colour - this is my fave brand Directions in Flamingo pink, diluted with conditioner from lush, vitamin E oil and macadamia oil.

My favourite part - popping on a shower cap and heading to bed!

I did my extensions the next day.  I wanted to have a pink fading to purple effect, so I used the pink from the night before, then diluted it for 2 more 'areas' and I used Directions Lavender and diluted that as well for another 2 areas.

So heres how they turned out.

And finally, my new pink hair!  The bits where the turquoise remained turned a purpley colour - which actually looks like shading/lowlights, so that turned out to my advantage after all!

Thanks for looking, I'll try to get a picture of my hair with the extensions in up soon.  :) Hope this helps anyone else changing from one extreme to another!

• Dye-Hard
Re: How I did Turquoise to Pink!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 11 / 10:07 AM »
I like it :) I like the pink fading to purple idea too
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Pippa: A term for a girl who always hurts herself
  • Current Colour: faded pravana violet, manic panic atomic turquoise, special effects napalm orange and directions cerise
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 11 / 02:45 PM »
looks amazing! really suits you
Spreading rainbow domination acro

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 11 / 05:54 PM »
I know this was posted aaaages ago, but I wanna do the same thing! What colour torquoise did you have originally?

• Full Hair Addict
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 11 / 03:35 PM »
Ooooh pretty pink picture :D looks awesome

Azumarill

« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 11 / 06:22 PM »
Hiya, it was Directions Turquoise. :)  I always dilute it too, cause they come on really strong I find, like I did a strand test of it without diluting it and it came out dark blue. :/

isroxck

« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 11 / 10:16 AM »
This loooks really cool ! I'm impressed that you're able to go pink from turquoise without making it patchy D: !

Azumarill

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 11 / 12:09 PM »
I went from turquoise to bright pink, but I didn't like the pink at the time, so I went to  blue (atlantic)  and changed the bit at the side for a couple of months, then I went purple with turquoise/apple green streaks and I'm currently 'carnation' pink.  I need to get a hair history up and link it. :D  Might have to go a 'normal' colour in the next month for a job interview though.  :(   Might just keep it after I take the colour out, but put a toner in it so its really white/blonde.

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 11 / 01:54 PM »
oooh this gives me hope, im wanting to get rid of this turquoise for a new colour,(have even been looking at flamingo pink :) )
Feel free to add me on fb Debbie Pinkydinkydoo Swift :D

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Gird your loins!
« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 11 / 03:20 AM »
The dip dye extensions seem like an awesome idea! Any pics with them in?
Dramastically Me.

• Dye-Hard
    • Tumblr
  • Current Colour: Henna red
« Reply #10 on: 27 Nov 11 / 04:19 PM »
I'm doing pretty much the exact same thing!
Just need to get the residual turquoise out using bleach baths, and then put my carnation pink possibly mixed with a tiny bit of flamingo pink on :)
Oh and dip-dye my extensions :)
I'm an animal just like you..

• Senior Hair Addict
  • murder researcher
« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 11 / 04:33 PM »
Azumarill, your hair looks amazing! I second Stephanie's request for some pics with the extensions in.

You have such a pretty face as well.
Even though it's not as fun, if you have to go white blonde for work, from the picture of the in-between phase above it really suits you!
I don't care if it's true

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories