Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Will salons charge less for toner if I bring my own toner with me?  (Read 2219 times)  Share 

• Full Hair Addict
I don't want to pay $40 for a toner. I have White Lady but I am scared to apply it myself. I bought the White Lady and developer for about $9 total. If I bring the toner to the salon, do you think they will charge me a lot to apply it after bleaching?

I get a decent shade without any toner, but I'm tempted to try White Lady.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
They might charge less, but not much less. It's more about the time than the cost of product. Cost of product will be cheaper to them anyway, buying in bulk means discounts.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
For one of my professional keratin appointments, I brought along my Touch of Silver shampoo and asked him to use it before my treatment.  He had no problem with that, and I wasn't charged any more or any less.
Hair reminds you just how much "patience is a virtue"...

Oh yeah, so these two men walk into a bar: you think one of them would have ducked. ::)

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
For one of my professional keratin appointments, I brought along my Touch of Silver shampoo and asked him to use it before my treatment.  He had no problem with that, and I wasn't charged any more or any less.

That's very different though. It takes no extra time to use a toning shampoo. Using a toner with a developer takes extra time.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: pastel pink, lilac, white, silver
They will probably subtract roughly the amount they pay for product, or they may subtract the retail price. I agree though, they charge more for the time than the product itself. Salons get things a lot cheaper than the consumer does. Like here in the states, salons usually charge double what they pay for a product or more. Like a $20 bottle of conditioner cost them about $8-$10.
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

• Junior Hair Addict
You'd be best ringing and asking. We were a L'oreal salon and the staf trained to use L'oreal products, as a result some didn't feel confident using other brands they weren't used to using. It is kind of like going in blind.
They might be happy to do it but may not want to take responsibilty for the final colour result, if it is a somewhat unknown to them.

Is charging for toner a common thing? I pay 55. This is for full-head highlights, shampoo/conditioner/toner, a nice head massage & a blowdry. I didn't realise some places charge for toning aswell :o.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories