Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Instagram Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter 

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Undercut!  (Read 6269 times)  Share 

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: pastel pink, lilac, white, silver
Undercut!
« on: 25 Nov 13 / 03:38 PM »
So, I finally did it! That little section of hair has always drove me nuts, and the longer my hair gets, the worse that section gets. That part of my hair has always been really curly, it knots horribly, its a pain to brush out, and its always shorter than the rest of my hair because I just get too annoyed trying to get the knots out so the hair ends up ripping, leaving it shorter and really thin the farther down it goes. So, I took this whole undercut thing to use to my advantage, and just cut the problem off!

I actually really like it, I like the zig zag pattern it gives. I cut it really short, almost shaved completely so I would have an even length, and so I could actually see what I was dong back there. I have 2 cowlicks on each side on my nape hairline, the hair grows in spirals going outward to the sides, so it was pretty hard to cut it myself. It took forever to get the sectioning right, and took forever to get a nice, centered picture of it! Its pretty hard cutting back there my yourself. But, im really happy with how it turned out :) its weird to feel coolness on my actual skin back there, it feels weird but i like it lol. I tried to cut as straight of lines as I could for the actual triangle, and cleaning up the bottom and sides.

Also, this is a perfect picture showing what my haircolor really looks like now. a cool hot pink on the top half and more of a red hot pink  on the ends

edit:

oh, and once it grows in a bit, i may have to play with tapering it a bit because of my cowlicks, but i want to bleach that section and dye it electric banana!
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

• Current Colour: lavender and sky blue :)
Re: Undercut!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 13 / 05:20 PM »
This looks really good, I'm amazed you did such a good job cutting it yourself! Also I love your hair colour, it's such a vibrant mix :)
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Inquisitress

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 13 / 06:16 PM »
Different from other undercuts I've seen, but interesting, and I like the subtle differences in your pink too :)

Alexia

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 13 / 07:26 PM »
Whoa, that's brilliant!  I was going to say it will feel much cooler on your neck.  That area of hair is very difficult to brush through, I know, and I try to remember to put conditioner on that area whilst I'm showering with a shower cap because it's always getting hit with water and forgotten about, and it's shorter and dry.  Great solution!

Your hair looks SO good, and the new undercut is so funky and very pretty with that colour.  And as Marthakins says, you did an amazing job cutting it yourself.  Well done!

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 13 / 08:05 PM »
thanks everyone! once it grows in a bit, im going to see how it looks, and if it doesnt look too weird being a half inch long or so (because of the cowlicks), im going to bleach it and dye it electric banana! i think a neon yellow flash right there would look awesome. even if it turned orangey from the pink or even peachy, id be fine with it. even if it ended up bleeding into some weird color, i could just cut it off! so im pretty excited about having a new "hair goal" in mind, i just hope it looks good when it grows out, if if it doesnt, if i could make it look better at the bottom hairline with some tidy tapering.

and thanks about my color! it was totally unintentional, i do wish it was all the cool/neon pink, but i still like how the ends look. id have to lighten thebase more past that light orangey base for the cool pink to really shine through like the top half of my head, but i really think the ends are just stained considering i out them through 2 color removers and 3 bleach baths, and through the bleach bath they barely lifted. they went from a dark-med ginger to a light ginger....im sure il try another bleach bath in the future, but i dont think my hair would be able to take another bleach bath and still feel healthy, and i do not want tangley, dry, unmanageable ends.
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

meeshybop

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 13 / 08:24 PM »
This is exactly the under cut I want! I love it it looks ace xx

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 13 / 10:33 PM »
aw thanks! it seems like we have very similar taste in hair <3

pippachainsaw

« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 13 / 10:38 PM »
This looks awesome!

meeshybop

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 13 / 10:42 PM »
Hair twins! Haha :D

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 13 / 10:43 PM »
aw, thank you so much Pippa!

vogue

« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 13 / 12:23 AM »
I wish I could pull off an undercut, but I just don't want to lose the thickness! When I was a kid everyone used to tell me how thick my hair was, but I haven't heard that in years. It just doesn't look as full anymore. D:

« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 13 / 01:33 PM »
That looks fantastic :D

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 13 / 03:20 PM »
@vogue thats actually really common! a lot of my clients, and myself, had thick, full hair when younger and it seems like on average, the hair starts gradually changing in the teens/early 20s. im sure theres many factors that cause this, like hormones, as we grow up we tend to do a lot more with out hair than when we were kids so it goes through a lot more weathering, etc. my hair used to be super thick when i was a kid, its about half of what it was then! i could never do a whole bottom undercut, i would lose way too much of my thuckness, but that tiny area that i cut off was so sparse to begin with, that part has always been the thinnest, and it was so annoying with the curls always knotting and it being short from just ripping them out with a brush lol, the rest of my hair isnt like that at all, its just that little section, so i really didnt lose much thickness at all. the hair was all broken off so by the ends, they looked about 1/8 of the density of the roots in that section, if that.

and thank you @intempestivity!

vogue

« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 13 / 05:07 PM »
@Katiesiepierski. I'm glad it's common at least, I'm a heavy shedder so I tend to worry. When I was going all natural with my hair it was just falling out everywhere. The woman I was living with asked me why my hair was everywhere (and I mean everywhere my dark brown hair really stood out) - this was june/july in southern Italy. I've had all my blood work done though and it's all normal, and I still shed a ton natural so it must just be my hair.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 13 / 01:33 PM »
That's a cool undercut, I've been considering to do the same to the same area for the same seasons, but don't think that I can get over the funny feeling :D

missjoey

« Reply #15 on: 28 Nov 13 / 12:10 AM »
that's so different from any undercut i've seen. it looks really cool :)

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #16 on: 28 Nov 13 / 12:44 AM »
@vogue i read somewhere on this forum or somewhere else about the same thing happening to a lot of women in around the french riviera around that same time of year. if i find the link il post it. i cant remember if it was on this site or not, but a girl said that hairstylists living in that area would often get complaints from their female clients that time of year that their hair was shedding a lot. it said something along the lines of the extra sun exposure from these women who would all lay out in the sun, or just be outside a lot more, the extra sun exposure triggers our bodies to shed to help keep us cooler. if it sheds like that all the time and all your tests came back normal and you dint have any other possible symptoms of some other kind of underlying medical reason for extra shedding, it may just be your hair. they say most peoples hair goes through a change every 7-10 years, so maybe thats it?

@Aeryu thank you! and do it!! lol. i love that feeling on the back of my neck. i used to spike my hair up in hte back so i used to have it cleaned up and shaved so ive felt a similar feeling before, but this is way cooler feeling.

@missjoey thank you :) the idea just kindda popped into my head after seeing a couple undercuts with triangle designs shaved into the undercut, buti couldnt find a single photo with just a simple little triangle one like this. so, to me thats a good thing its so different from any undercut youve ever  seen, i take that as a huge compliment, thank you <3

Smurfasaur

« Reply #17 on: 03 Dec 13 / 03:32 AM »
I need this on the same section of hair, its always a mess right there

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #18 on: 05 Dec 13 / 03:12 PM »
I know, right? I hate that section of hair. I am so happy I did this, I don't regret it at all. No more curly, tangley knots! Yes! And it is unnoticeable when my hair is down, I don't notice any change in the thickness of my ponytail at all because the hair in that section was shorter anyway from said annoyingness lol, and even when my hair is up, you still can't really see it because my ponytail covers it. My hair has to be in an updo or a bun to see it

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #19 on: 05 Dec 13 / 03:16 PM »
I am afraid that doing that would make me touch my hair/head/skin and trigger the sh***y behaviour I try to avoid, I just cut it much shorter normally.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #20 on: 05 Dec 13 / 03:48 PM »
I had an undercut in the late 80s and I didn't like the way I could feel the rest of my hair brush against it. It did make me more aware of that area and I did pick at it and it would tickle a lot. So I wouldn't suggest it if that's something that happens to you too.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #21 on: 05 Dec 13 / 03:49 PM »
Yup, I am that way. :)

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #22 on: 05 Dec 13 / 06:38 PM »
I tend to pick at my skin a lot more so when I'm stressed, but I have actually been doing a good job at avoiding it as well as other self destructive things I sometimes feel the compulsion to do. I've been very stressed lately so I'm pretty proud of myself and feel good about it. And I actually haven't messed with the undercut area at all or anything like that. It just seems different, like, I dont feel that need to mess with it.

It does feel weird when my hair brushes against it, mainly if I'm outside with the cold air. But it feels weird in a good, cool way.

Before I actually did the undercut though, about a month before, I lined up my hairline back there on the bottom and sides to get used to that shaved, open kinda feeling again, so maybe that helped?

Smurfasaur

« Reply #23 on: 06 Dec 13 / 04:18 AM »
I pick at myself to. Mostly my fingers and it gets really bad sometimes. I have been getting gel manicures though and it helps because they are thicker and you can do way less damage

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #24 on: 08 Dec 13 / 12:00 AM »
That's good to know about the gel manicures, I will have to remember that, thanks :)

My son on the other hand is 2 1/2 and bites hit nails and picks at his cuticles. I have no idea where he got that from, I dont mess with my fingers at all and nobody he knows bites their nails or anything..I'm trying to figure out how to get him to slow down with it and stop but nothing is working and I certainly couldn't give him a gel manicure lol

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories