Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: The importance of strand tests. Wow!  (Read 2145 times)  Share 

• Full Hair Addict
The importance of strand tests. Wow!
« on: 04 Nov 13 / 01:14 AM »
I recently got an undercut, so I kept the hair to run experiments on  :P  I also had to get a couple inches chopped off due to damage (wah!). As most of you know by now my goal has been to get to lilac.  The last round of color removing & bleach bath really seemed to do a number on the condition of my hair, so I decided to see how it would handle a 10vol bleaching (my hair is currently Punky Colour Purple):

it went a pretty dark blonde color (but this is darker than the base I put this color on). Condition assessment is awful. It felt grainy and weird when wet, and crunchy dry. I am afraid my hair is at the end of its bleaching life.  So I decided to see what a color remover would do to it:

What the?! Dark blue?! Lol, so color removing is also out of question...So now I will just have to fade, fade, fade. It is nearly time to do my roots, so I will stick with the Punky Purple, but I think add some plum and dilute it a bit.  *stars*

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: pastel pink, lilac, white, silver
Re: The importance of strand tests. Wow!
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 13 / 02:06 PM »
Im so glad you posted this, i love seeing hair experiments like this :-) good thing you did them too, especially since you said the bleached strand felt awful. Im going from black to ginger/blonde (whatever my hair can withstand while still feeling healthy) to atomic pink + virgin rose. I already did a couple color removers + a 30 vol bleach bath so it was the equivalent of using 15 vol, but before i do any more bleach baths im definitely doing strand tests first!
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories