Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Twitter

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Joints and exercise advice  (Read 2279 times)  Share 

kiwimarie

Joints and exercise advice
« on: 07 May 13 / 11:39 PM »
Hi guys :) I was reading meeshybop's post earlier about the insanity workout and noticed that a lot of you have joint issues and such. I have had problems with a lot of my joints for a while, especially my knees for the last 15 years and I've recently been (finally) diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome. I have bad knees, hips, wrists, two slipped discs in my back causing partial numbness and a bad shoulder. I've been seeing my physio for over a year doing core stability and strengthening my back and knee and while it's helping my joints, it doesn't count as exercise to help me lose weight ;) I saw that Intempestivity rated Yoga Meltdown and I'm looking into that, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has other suggestions of low impact exercise to help weight loss that won't aggravate my joints?  Ta for reading!

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
Re: Joints and exercise advice
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 13 / 01:24 PM »
Pilates!
It is really hard exercise, with a few classes a week, you should lose weight and it is also used as rehabilitation exercise for people with injuries. My pilates instructor started taking pilates because of a motorcycle accident.
Pilates is amazing, fun and it strengthens your whole body. Especially core and back.

ainsleymac

« Reply #2 on: 08 May 13 / 02:06 PM »
How about swimming?

I haven't been officially diagnosed but it's pretty obvious i am also hypermobile. It's funny as when i was younger it was just my party piece but as i get older the more injuries i get!

If you are going to do yoga or pilates i would recommend going to a class (at least at first) rather than doing a dvd just so your teacher can correct your posture. With your hypermobility you will hyperextend in a lot of poses and cause yourself more problems.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: green and pink cruella
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 13 / 05:58 PM »
i hadnt thought about swimming but it is a good sport. My dad was told to go swimming after he had his back and knee operations. It is also used as rehabilitation too.

« Reply #4 on: 09 May 13 / 08:28 AM »
I also use an exercise bike for low-impact cardio on the days I don't do Yoga Meltdown and it gives a great lower-body cardio workout.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2019

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories