Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Twitter & Facebook

Please help us spread the word about Beeunique. You can add us on Beeunique Facebook and on Twitter @Beeunique

Author Topic: New User? Post in here to access the Forum  (Read 16912 times)  Share 

Offline caughtinamonsoon

• Thanks Received: 0
  • Current Colour: faded violet red with balayage highlights
Re: New User? Post in here to access the Forum
« Reply #400 on: 01 Aug 15 / 08:34 AM »
Hi I'm caughtinamonsoon and I have always been obsessed with hair for as long as I can remember.  I'm American and have always lived on the west coast my entire life.  I'm also a student and I have just discovered the joys of semi-permanent dyes and bright colors and even bleach.  I want to have as much fun as I can before I have to wear a "natural" color for work later.  "Natural" to me would have to have a hint of purple, a whisper of pink, or a blue tinge or... you know ;D...  I am looking forward to learning and experimenting and hopefully contributing on this forum  *1*

Offline pavonine

« Reply #401 on: Today at 01:54 PM »
Hey guys  ;D

I'm Anna and have been using Beeunique and reading the forum for a long time.  I've had many different colours, but had brown hair since about March because I was looking for a new job but I'm bored of it now and want to get back to being colourful!

Online rosielocks

• Current Colour: Dark brown/purple - slowly lightening, will go adore purple rage after next bleach bath :D
« Reply #402 on: Today at 10:24 PM »
Hey peeps  :)

After lurking and learning for some time I though I had better sign up! I was a dedicated box dye gal for many years, desperately trying to get a solid visible red tint to my super dark (thick and long) hair, never dreaming semi permanent dyes would be so much more effective! I also didn't understand that there was peroxide in my box dyes - when I finally tried Colour B4 and went ginger I was very surprised!!

After a bleach bath and directions rubine with a dash of pillarbox red I finally achieved my red head goal but it didn't sit well with me.. Persisted for weeks and weeks but it didn't feel right. I tried slapping on some stargazer plume and crazy color aubergine (I think, came out magenta) but I didn't check the colour properly and it went a dark muddy brown.. So more colour b4, 4 weeks later a bleach bath then rose red aneni had magenta hair which I loved - except the rub/run off was horrendous, very day ended up with a bright pink face and back!

I read up on fading techniques here and had a good go at stripping the rose red out. It worked- my hair is now a darkish purple with odd ginger bits but there is no transfer. Much love and thanks guys for the advice, vit c and t-gel worked a charm!

I just did a decolour but very little happened so about to bleach it - its in really good condition and slathered in coconut oil. Going to use 30vol I think without making a bleach bath as I've been so patient so far and I think my hair can take it but I'll do a strand test first! Coconut oil needs a bit more time anyway, usually wait overnight.. Then I'm going with Adore Purple Rage and hopefully dip-dye the ends with Adore African Violet to create an ombre. Really excited, will post pix when done! If it goes wrong or if the strand test shows me I can't bleach as much as I hoped then I'll still use the adore dyes but won't go for any fancy effects this time.

I truly think that this hair dye process has helped me loads - I've been off work with depression after my partner died and have been feeling pretty crappy as I'm sure you can imagine.. This hair dye thang has boosted my self esteem and confidence, given me something to do and a project to focus on, and taught me patience, small steps when trying to change, and acceptance of how things are.. And brought me to a forum full of lovely people! I've really enjoyed learning about hair dyes and the science behind it all as well as admiring the gorgeous pix in the gallery.. Can't wait to post my efforts there and feel proud of my achievement! Who needs therapists ey   :P. Thank you so much lovely people!  *lovestars* *hugs* *thx*
Learning to appreciate the Zen of hair dyeing - patience, impermanence, learning, helping others - Buddha would have approved I think :D

The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more information
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2014
Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories