Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

[NEWS] - Beeunique is MOVING!!!!

Am pleased to say that we get the keys for our new massive warehouse on the 15th July.  Also our new member of staff, Cari, starts that day too.  We are hoping to be in the new place by the end of the month x

Author Topic: How To Use The Forum Boards...  (Read 1851 times)  Share 

Offline Intempestivity

• Thanks Received: 456
  • Jump on a carousel and don't let go.
    • kimberlee123.deviantart.com
  • Current Colour: Neon Ariel.
How To Use The Forum Boards...
« on: 12 Aug 12 / 03:24 PM »
You'll notice that our forum has a few boards--and a few sub-boards.  We'd really appreciate it if you posted topics in the appropriate board, so here's some guidelines that may help you decide which board is best for your question.

Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes
Have you got a specific question about a specific semi-perm?  What to know how Directions Flamingo fades versus Cupcake Pink, how Alpine Green might look mixed with Lagoon Blue or how to achieve a specific colour?  Post a topic in Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes.

Bleaching & Lightening Hair
Curious about Colour B4?  Want to know how to do a bleach bath, or how to fix a bad bleach job?  Or have you pushed your hair over its limit and need advice on what to do?  Bleaching & Lightening Hair is where you should ask.

General Hair Chat & Questions
If it's about a permanent dye, what a certain product will do, when to use or not use heat, how to style your hair or pretty much anything to do with hair that doesn't fall into the two above categories, please put it in General Hair Chat & Questions.

Hair Tutorials, FAQ and Videos
Have you got a tutorial on how to obtain a specific colour or style?  Please post it in here.  NOTE:  If you would like to see a tutorial made, or have a question on how to achieve a specific style, please post it in General Hair Chat & Questions.

Company and Product Reviews
Post any hair-related company and product reviews in here.

Photos: Show Off Your Hair (and sub-forums)
This section is for photos of your hair only.  Please post in the appropriate colour section.  If you have a question about a specific colour, please post in Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes or General Hair Chat & Questions.

Inspiring Hair Colours & Styles
This is a forum where you can post what colours and styles inspire you!  Please make sure that if you decide to post any pictures of yourself on here, you put them in the "I Like How My Hair Turned Out Today" thread.  And please don't post old pictures of yourself in this thread--if you would like to show off older hairstyles that you've had and loved, please put them in the timeline section of the Photos: Show Off Your Hair forum instead, as this is where they belong.

Please put your inspiring photos in the corresponding threads.

General Chat
This forum is for a general hodge-podge of topics and having a good old natter.  Please keep it PG-13, as we do have some younger members!

Forum Games, Fun Stuff and Competitions
This is a place where you can play or post game threads.  If you have a business and would like to do a competition, please contact one of the Moderators (Intempestivity and Pippachainsaw) or the Admin (Nickki), as all competitions must be pre-approved as per the forum rules.

Tattoos and Piercings
Please put any questions, photos or reviews regarding tattooing and piercing in this forum.

Cosmetics and Beauty Items
Please put any questions, photos, reviews or tutorials regarding make-up, cleansers, routines, etc in here.

Clothes, Shoes & Fashion
Please keep any questions, photos, reviews or tutorials regarding clothes and fashion in here.

Links and Banners
This is where our Beeunique banners are as well as our link exchange.  If you would like to add your shop's banner or be added to the link exchange, please PM one of the Moderators or the Admin (listed above).

Technical/Contact Us
Having a problem with the website?  Please let us know in here so we can fix it for you!
Double processing--DON'T DO IT, KIDS!

Why you shouldn't/Click here if you've damaged your hair

New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules* Please click the *heart* button on the left if a post is helpful to you.

Offline amyloud92

• Dye-Hard
  • Thanks Received: 26
    • MagpieGlitter
Re: How to use the Forum
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 12 / 05:16 PM »
And don't use the shout box for hair questions =]

Offline Intempestivity

• Thanks Received: 456
  • Jump on a carousel and don't let go.
    • kimberlee123.deviantart.com
  • Current Colour: Neon Ariel.
Re: How to use the Forum
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 12 / 07:38 PM »
Hehe, yes.  Please only use the shout box for general chat--if you have a hair question, please post it in the forum ^_^
Double processing--DON'T DO IT, KIDS!

Why you shouldn't/Click here if you've damaged your hair

New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules* Please click the *heart* button on the left if a post is helpful to you.

Offline hairforever..x

• Thanks Received: 0
Re: How To Use The Forum Boards...
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 12 / 01:19 PM »
i can't view any of the boards?

Offline Glitterpix

• Thanks Received: 57
    • Glitterpix Accessories
  • Current Colour: Pravana Violet
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 12 / 01:26 PM »
You need to go here first read the rules. and post in the new member section, then the boards will be viewable :)
http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=2.0

http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=8.0
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the left if a post is helpful to you.

Offline suckerpunchkid

• Junior Hair Addict
  • Thanks Received: 5
  • Bag Lady from the East.
    • http://jadmontenegro.tumblr.com
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 13 / 11:01 AM »
Hi, I've been wanting to post in some boards but when I include my photos, some of which are hosted on my tumblr or photobucket, I always get a notif that says "To avoid spam, members cannot post links unless they've made 30 posts".

Does that mean I can't post any photos until I make 30 non-photo posts? :(

EDIT: I've had a look around the HELP threads and it looks like I can attach photos and upload them directly to the forum instead of linking to my hosted photos, so I'll try it. Thanks! :)

Offline Naveed123

• Thanks Received: 0
« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 13 / 11:24 AM »
Want to know how to do a bleach bath   *off* *ott*
pass4sure 70-412    *Link Removed*
pass4sure cissp lab     *Link Removed*
pass4sure ccnp practice tests     *Link Removed*
pass4sure - ccie prep course     *Link Removed*

Online Janineb

• Thanks Received: 210
    • Janine Basil Pop Accessories
  • Current Colour: Diluted rose red with slices of diluted napalm
« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 13 / 11:42 AM »
Want to know how to do a bleach bath   *off* *ott*

We have a handy tutorial, with pictures, here :) http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=995.0
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

Offline Alexia

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Thanks Received: 7
  • Current Colour: Ash Blonde
« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 13 / 07:35 AM »
It might be helpful for the Mods to say a word or two about hijacking.

I've just learnt, on this board, it is considered "hijacking" to ask a question within another member's topic.  To resolve, that question should become a topic on its own.

I'm only now learning the concept, but it sounds as though others may need to understand as well, so it might be worth a definition in the Forum Rules area.

Just thought I'd mention, and please feel free to delete this post if necessary.  Just wanted to suggest. ;)
Hair reminds you just how much "patience is a virtue"...

Oh yeah, so these two men walk into a bar: you think one of them would have ducked. ::)

Online Janineb

• Thanks Received: 210
    • Janine Basil Pop Accessories
  • Current Colour: Diluted rose red with slices of diluted napalm
« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 13 / 01:08 PM »
Alexia, it's actually part of the forum rules.

3. New Threads/Posts
Please try to keep on track with the opening post of a thread and if you have a totally different question or comment please create a new thread for this if one does not already exist.  On the flip side please check the forum first before creating a new thread as there may already be an active thread on the same subject.  This helps to make the forum easier to navigate and helps people find information quicker.

Of course, some degree of off topic talk will probably go on in a thread occasionally, but it should be kept to a minimum and specific questions asked in a new thread.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more information
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2014
Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories