Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

[NEWS] - We have a new home...

Beeunique has moved to a new warehouse where we can hold larger stocks and bring in new brands (including Pravana).  Customers within 30 miles of Dundee can now order online paying by card and then collect their orders to save time and postage costs :)

Author Topic: New here? Introduce yourself  (Read 97340 times)  Share 

Offline Nickki

• Thanks Received: 239
    • Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Atomic Pink
New here? Introduce yourself
« on: 27 Nov 09 / 07:35 PM »
Once you have read the Forum Rules and posted in this section you will be able to view the other Forum Boards and Topics.

Hi, this is the section to say who you are, what you do, why your here etc.  I'll start :D

I'm Nickki and I own this forum, Beeunique and a few other websites, mainly hair dye related.  I live in Scotland with my pet dogs.  I've used a few different brands of hair dye but must admit I always end up back with Special Effects Atomic Pink.
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

- Please click the *heart* button on the left if a post is helpful to you.

Offline Miss_Jinks

• Thanks Received: 0
Re: New here? Introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 09 / 09:54 PM »
I'm sue but everyone calls me Miss Jinks (long story and wont go into it til i know you better). I'm from Newcastle originally but staying in Manchester just now.  My hair is brown just now but soon to be blue again.

Offline Loulou

• Thanks Received: 3
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 09 / 10:24 PM »
Hiya
I have red streaks and long hair rest of hair is brown and i'm from Anstruther in Scotland.  Thanks for email about forum Nickki hope its a success for you.

Offline DJ Kelp

• Thanks Received: 1
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 09 / 11:46 AM »
i'm dj kelp and been using hair dyes for several years, mostly special effects and manic panic with a little stargazer thrown in for good measure. 

Offline Lindsey loo

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 09 / 01:07 PM »
i've not used these forums before but am hoping to get up the courage to try them - do they really not damage the hair?  I cant get my head round that. Also are they easy to do?

Offline Nickki

• Beeunique
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 09 / 01:09 PM »
Hi Lindsey - your best posting in the hair dye section for hair help and you will get more replies.
Cheers
Nickki
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.

Offline Martyn

• Thanks Received: 4
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 09 / 01:54 PM »
Hi im Martyn I live with Nickki 24/7 so life interesting very interesting. 

You will see that we are a bit crazy.

;D
- Any advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Remember to click the [Thank This User] button above the persons avatar if a post is helpful to you.

Offline Soul-ja

« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 09 / 03:29 PM »
i'm soul-ja-boy
I know nickki from years ago... but we dont talk about that in front of Martyn ha ha ha :P  I think i've tried just about every brand and make of dye over the years but keep coing back to my Blue Mayhem.

Offline Martyn

• Thanks Received: 4
« Reply #8 on: 28 Nov 09 / 04:36 PM »
Looking at your avatar picture I have noticed you might want to stop using Blue Mayhem on your face as well as your hair  :o
- Any advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Remember to click the [Thank This User] button above the persons avatar if a post is helpful to you.

Offline Soul-ja

« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 09 / 01:37 PM »
ha ha ha nice one  ;)

Offline Beeunique

• Beeunique
« Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 09 / 02:13 PM »
Nickki again, as some of you know I also run Beeunique and to avoid confusion on here I have created two seperate accounts - one is 'Nickki' which is my general day to day forum account, however for things relating to my other websites I have the 'Beeunique' account.  

This helps keep Beeunique and this forum seperate to a certain extent if that makes sense  :)
Beeunique - Alternative Hair Dyes & Accessories

Beeunique are not trained hair professionals, any information/advice given is my opinion only and may not work for others.

Offline paula1

« Reply #11 on: 30 Nov 09 / 05:12 PM »
I'm paula. Ive used these dyes before but never tried to bleach my hair first so am hear for advice on how to go about doing that as I a really bright colour this time.

Offline alimayne

« Reply #12 on: 03 Dec 09 / 04:17 PM »
Aloha everybody! My name's Ali, been using Beeunique for nearly 3 years now. I've had most of the wacky colours in my hair including various pinks, purples, turquoises and blues. Got a few photos in the hair dye gallery - look for Ali in the credit! In order to get employed after university, I had to let my colours fade [sadly, I miss it!] so I currently have my natural colour [ash blonde] and blonde tips, aka bleached hair that's been growing out since Feb 2008!
What else to say, I'm a singer-songwriter with a 2:1 degree in Music. Love heavy metal, classic rock and Romantic classical music... as well as Tori Amos and Shania Twain - what a mix!
You can listen/watch me sing on myspace/youtube if you like  :D

For myspace, usual URL plus /alimayne
For youtube, usual URL plus /dormi87

I'm paula. Ive used these dyes before but never tried to bleach my hair first so am hear for advice on how to go about doing that as I a really bright colour this time.

Paula - definitely recommend bleaching your hair for super vibrant colour. I used B blonde by Jerome Russell [powder and cream peroxide bleach] which is available from Boots/Superdrug :)

Offline Nickki

• Beeunique
« Reply #13 on: 16 Dec 09 / 04:11 PM »
Hiya - nice to meet you all. I hope you like the new forum, either way feel free to give us your views on it (good or bad) so we can adapt it to what visitors want :)

Offline HayleyStarr

« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 09 / 08:03 PM »
Hi, I'm Hayley. I have been dying my hair since I was 14. Now, I'm 31 and nothing has changed really. Currently, my hair is purple, turquoise and black. It was Blue Mayhem in my avatar, though.
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

Offline CurvyKate

« Reply #15 on: 16 Dec 09 / 09:57 PM »
Evening all!

I'm Kate and I admit, I'm a hairdye addict.

I've been deep purple, bright red and hot pink, although red is my favourite. I've ruined too many pillowcases to count.

Offline zombiegrrrl

• Black Sunshine - Alt clothing, dreads & more!
« Reply #16 on: 17 Dec 09 / 12:10 PM »
Hi  :D
Im Amy or Amz, I live on the Isle of Wight in the Uk. I run my own alt/goth clothing store and website and make dreads.
Ive been using hair dye for years! At the moment Im on Directions flmaingo pink :)

Offline Pixie_Bela

« Reply #17 on: 17 Dec 09 / 12:58 PM »
Hello im new

;)

x

Offline Manadh

« Reply #18 on: 17 Dec 09 / 08:40 PM »
Hello all :)
I'm Sami! I'm a red head (Not naturally, obv :P) and ATM I am Poppy Red, though over a perm box dye red rather than bleach as I've had to tone it down for work!
Lay me down in shallow earth a single lotus placed in my hand

Offline CherryEmbers

• I'm just one of lifes little freaks of nature!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: 18 Dec 09 / 05:00 PM »
I am Kilota (real name Kim).......................
I have only recently started using the fantastic bright colours that are sold on Nikki's site. It has only taken this long as I was never brave enough before.

I always seem to end up in a pink shade of sorts and find crazy color seem to like my hair the best (I love cyclaman).

I am a fun loving 30 something who always seems be working more than having fun.

Offline IzzI

« Reply #20 on: 19 Dec 09 / 11:14 AM »
Hi i'm Isabelle so I make sure everyone calls me IzzI as Isabelle does not go with my look at all  :PI have been dyeing my hair for a while now and am trying to experiment with different colour combos the more shocking contrast the better  :o I'm 19 and from Birmingham.

Offline leonat

• Thanks Received: 2
    • Alt fashion
« Reply #21 on: 19 Dec 09 / 03:54 PM »
Hello,
Just signed up I'm Leona I've crawled over from Alt fashion (my site/zine) ;)

Currently unfortunately hair dye free after growing my 7 year on/off black hair dye job out (finally! as I have been abusing the permanent dye/bleach alot the past few years).

I usually tend to favour more red shades but I have been shades of pink, purple, red, and blue previously so I'll be abusing the dye again in the new year now the old dye jobs all grown out :)

Offline VaLukeAraptor

• Thanks Received: 31
« Reply #22 on: 20 Dec 09 / 07:55 PM »
Hey, I'm Luke :D
I'm 17, at college, and currently working in Tescos & poundworld. Tesco is only temporary unfortunately :(
Since i've been working i've not been allowed to dye my hair unnatural colours! :( But i've had almost every colour out there in some form, apart from pink and orange, which i plan to do...some day :)
I'll admit i'm an addict and have been having withdrawal symptoms :P I'm currently bleach blonde, ready for that opportunity should it arise ;)

Offline tweedson

« Reply #23 on: 20 Dec 09 / 08:51 PM »
Hay, im Andrew (or tweed,(long story) if u prefer) im 16 and I live near to Dundee. and
Been dying my hair since i was about 13, had almost every colour bar green, pink and orange (i'll get there at some point):P
Currently im enjoying the benefits of SFX Nuclear Red (on previously faded XXL Red Passion) the results have been great, its survived three weeks including weekly attacks from chlorine and washing my hair every day!!! Will definitely be using again!
Although my favorite colour so far has to be Manic Panic After Midnight Blue (see dp). Even my year head at school loved it XD. (mum didn't though...turned the bath blue)  :D

catch us of face book if u want, usual url then tweedson

lisa34598u

« Reply #24 on: 21 Dec 09 / 11:14 PM »
Hey

I'm Lisa, i'm 23 and I live in dundee.

I have had lots of hair colours but at the moment I am currently sporting black and some crazy colours which are capri blue, cyclamen, pinkissimo, violette, lilac, pine green, fire, sky blue and burgundy. I will be changing soon just can't decide what to do.
I study english and film and have a rubbish job to get beer tokens.

Lisa :D

The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more information
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2014
Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories