Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

[SALE] - 50% off ALL Jewellery on Beeunique

ALL FunkyEars Keyrings, Earrings & Necklaces are now half price.
Grab the bargains while you can as some of these items are low stock and will not be re-stocked.

Author Topic: Forum Rules - Please Read To Access Forum  (Read 30967 times)  Share 

Offline Forum Admin

• Thanks Received: 3
Forum Rules - Please Read To Access Forum
« on: 25 Nov 09 / 12:08 AM »
Please make sure you read and accept the following rules before posting on this forum - once you have read the rules please post in the New Here? Introduce Yourself thread and all other main sections/boards of the forum will then become viewable.

1. Common Courtesy
Please refrain from being rude to other visitors to the forum - everyone is entitled to their own opinion and these may differ between users but please consider others feelings and try to keep all posts polite and on track.  If you feel a post is bullying, nasty or offensive or if an argument has started on a thread please do not join in as this just encourages some people to continue, instead please report any relevant threads or posts to a Moderator or the Forum Owner.

2. Grammar/Language
Please refrain from posting entirely in ‘text-speak’ as it can make posts very difficult to read and may result in the post being removed.  Please try to keep all posts clear to read with correct spelling and punctuation to make it easier for everyone to understand. Rude, offensive, obscene or swear words are not allowed on this forum.  Posting entirely in CAPITALS or bold is considered shouting and/or can be hard to read, please only use these to emphasis specific words where required and not for the whole post.

3. New Threads/Posts
Please try to keep on track with the opening post of a thread and if you have a totally different question or comment please create a new thread for this if one does not already exist.  On the flip side please check the forum first before creating a new thread as there may already be an active thread on the same subject.  This helps to make the forum easier to navigate and helps people find information quicker.

4. Post’Bumping’/Repeating Posts
The bumping of posts is not allowed – this is when someone replies to their own message to keep that topic at the top of the forum.  If nobody has replied to your last post please modify this post instead of double/triple posting. Each unread post has "new" written next to it so we can see at a glance which posts we have not yet read.  The same applies to repeating posts – once you have created a new thread/topic there is no need to ask the same things again in another new post as this will most likely result in one or all repeat posts being removed.

5. Meaningless Posts/Post Count
Please do not try to increase your post count by adding one word replies or by adding posts which have no actual contribution or relevance to that thread/topic. Repeated meaningless/non-relevant posts could result in your account being suspended or closed.  

6. Links
You may add a link to your Facebook, MySpace or Twitter in the Say Hello/Add Me section of the forum but please refrain from posting links to personal blogs, websites etc purely for advertising purposes (see Self Advertising Section below). Links to websites in response to questions in threads are fine but those added with no relevance to the forum or the thread/post will be considered as spam and removed with repeat offenders being banned from the forum. Links to websites selling similar items to Beeunique are not allowed on this forum and will be removed.  You need to have 30 valid posts before you can post links on this forum.

7. Images & Files
Please refrain from posting images or links to images, files or pages which might be deemed inappropriate. This forum may be viewed by minors and is a family friendly forum. Images which have copyright logos to other similar websites/forums are not allowed on this forum and will be removed. The Hair Dye Forum may add a copyright logo to images upload to the website, however this does not mean these images are the property of Beeunique and ownership still remains with the photo copyright holder.  Photos can be removed upon request once proof of ownership has been provided.

8. Personal Information / General Safety
This is an open forum viewable by visitors and guests so please do not post addresses, financial information, email addresses etc on the forum.  Please also think twice before posting anything of a more personal nature and use the Private Message (PM) function instead for sensitive conversations.

9.  Post Deleted
If your post has been deleted you should receive a Private Message (PM) informing you why the post or thread was removed, if you have not received a message please contact us and we can look into this for you.

10. Account Blocked
Users who ignore warnings and/or repeatedly break these rules may have their account permanently blocked.  Spamming on the forum or harassing other users may also result in an account being blocked.  We would normally warn someone before they would be blocked from the forum, however for particularly offensive comments or behaviour a user may be banned straight away

11. Self Promotion / Advertising
Self promotion is allowed where it is appropriate and relevant to the post, however if your post appears to be a direct advertisement or viewed as spam it will be removed. If you are a new member please take the time to add some posts and introduce yourself before jumping straight in with a link or advert, otherwise this could be considered as spam and be removed. People who are deemed to be on the forum mainly for self-promotion may have their posts removed and the account closed/blocked. If you would like to advertise on the Hair Dye Forum please contact us via PM.  The best way for you to advertise is to run a competition on our forum which is exclusively open to the forum members - all competitions must be approved before they can be added to the forum. The competition can run for anything up to 1 month and would also be mentioned on our other websites: Beeunique, Hair Dye Gallery and our Facebook page. We also sometimes do link exchanges and if you would like to exchange a link with the hair dye forum please contact me via PM.

Forums are a great place to relax, find out information and chat to like-minded people, however please remember that extreme views or beliefs may offend others and whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion please consider how a post may sound to others before submitting it to the forum.  Offensive behaviour of any type including bullying, racial or slanderous language will not be tolerated.  Should you see any posts which you believe break our forum rules please contact us via pm and we will investigate further.

Members who do not abide by the above rules may have their accounts suspended, blocked or deleted.

Please now post in the New Here? Introduce Yourself section of the forum and the other boards will become viewable to you.
FORUM ADMIN

Offline Mathurine

• Dye-Hard
  • Thanks Received: 273
  • Freakishly Delirious
Rule Number seven
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 11 / 12:16 PM »
As most people will be popping in this section to say hello I thought I'd just post this here so that everyone will get the chance to see it.

Just recently I've had to remind a few people about pictures and links to pictures etc. Let me explain more about Rule 7 of Nickki's forum rules.

7. Images & Files
Please refrain from posting images or links to images, files or pages which might be deemed inappropriate. This forum may be viewed by minors and is a family friendly forum. Images which have copyright logos to other similar websites/forums are not allowed on this forum and will be removed.

I appreciate that most people on the forum are young and do not have children of their own but I have two children and as a moderator I'm on this site quite a bit so innappropriate pictures and links are something that I personally have to be very aware of. I'm not trying to stop anyone having fun and I hope I'm not being a funny old bird but I do have to look out for my kids.

By all means post links to pictures that you may feel are not appropriate to be viewed by kids or people at work, as some people are cruising the forum during lunch breaks and their boss may not appreciate some of the links or photo's that you want to show. But make sure you post a warning before the link so we all have a choice about whether we click on it or not.

Images and links that are not tolerated by Beeunique include the following:

Nudity
Sexual Content
Gratuitous Swearing
Gratuitous Violence
Violence against minors
Horror/Gore
Pictures of operations or wounds
Depictions of suicide
Depictions of illegal acts
Drug references

Those are off the top of my head but I'm sure Nickki will add more if she needs to.

Basically just use your common sense and remember that some of us do have children running around at various times, especially during school holiday breaks.

Nickki puts in best in Rule Number Seven - this is a family friendly forum.

Polite Reminder

Bad Language
We all get along fabulously on here and that's amazing and I don't want to discourage it! But we're starting to get a little "adult" in our conversation and I've noticed (and will be chatting with Nickki about it) that some words aren't *bleeped* by the automatic forum bleeper which asterisks portions of swear words, or words deemed inappropriate for the forum. Please refrain from swearing during your posts or posting links to wording that contains swearing. If posting a link can you please put up a warning that the text you're linking to may not be suitable for children.

My children are often lurking around me as I scour the forums and I don't always wish them to read certain material. In order to moderate the forum properly I do need to check links and at least I can send my kids to another part of the room while I check the link if I know there's going to be material unsuitable for eight and eleven year olds. I'm sure other users with children would also appreciate the heads up.

Also, weird language! There's a culture among 'net users that new words must be invented and shortened or elongated to show off your typing skills etc. That's cool and it's fun to play around with but if you do it all the time and someone not to used to it drops by they can't read your posts! If they ask for help and you're posting 'net speak they may not be able to understand you and the forum then gets taken up with less hair info and more "what does that mean?" type of posts instead.

Basically, keep it simple, keep it clean and keep it family friendly.

Thanks all!
"If less is more then just think how much more MORE would be!" - Frasier

Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Offline Intempestivity

• Thanks Received: 456
  • Jump on a carousel and don't let go.
    • kimberlee123.deviantart.com
  • Current Colour: Neon Ariel.
How To Use The Forum Boards...
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 12 / 11:18 PM »
You'll notice that our forum has a few boards--and a few sub-boards.  We'd really appreciate it if you posted topics in the appropriate board, so here's some guidelines that may help you decide which board is best for your question.

Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes
Have you got a specific question about a specific semi-perm?  What to know how Directions Flamingo fades versus Cupcake Pink, how Alpine Green might look mixed with Lagoon Blue or how to achieve a specific colour?  Post a topic in Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes.

Bleaching & Lightening Hair
Curious about Colour B4?  Want to know how to do a bleach bath, or how to fix a bad bleach job?  Or have you pushed your hair over its limit and need advice on what to do?  Bleaching & Lightening Hair is where you should ask.

General Hair Chat & Questions
If it's about a permanent dye, what a certain product will do, when to use or not use heat, how to style your hair or pretty much anything to do with hair that doesn't fall into the two above categories, please put it in General Hair Chat & Questions.

Hair Tutorials, FAQ and Videos
Have you got a tutorial on how to obtain a specific colour or style?  Please post it in here.  NOTE:  If you would like to see a tutorial made, or have a question on how to achieve a specific style, please post it in General Hair Chat & Questions.

Company and Product Reviews
Post any hair-related company and product reviews in here.

Photos: Show Off Your Hair (and sub-forums)
This section is for photos of your hair only.  Please post in the appropriate colour section.  If you have a question about a specific colour, please post in Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes or General Hair Chat & Questions.

Inspiring Hair Colours & Styles
This is a forum where you can post what colours and styles inspire you!  Please make sure that if you decide to post any pictures of yourself on here, you put them in the "I Like How My Hair Turned Out Today" thread.  And please don't post old pictures of yourself in this thread--if you would like to show off older hairstyles that you've had and loved, please put them in the timeline section of the Photos: Show Off Your Hair forum instead, as this is where they belong.

Please put your inspiring photos in the corresponding threads.

General Chat
This forum is for a general hodge-podge of topics and having a good old natter.  Please keep it PG-13, as we do have some younger members!

Forum Games, Fun Stuff and Competitions
This is a place where you can play or post game threads.  If you have a business and would like to do a competition, please contact one of the Moderators (Intempestivity and Pippachainsaw) or the Admin (Nickki), as all competitions must be pre-approved as per the forum rules.

Tattoos and Piercings
Please put any questions, photos or reviews regarding tattooing and piercing in this forum.

Cosmetics and Beauty Items
Please put any questions, photos, reviews or tutorials regarding make-up, cleansers, routines, etc in here.

Clothes, Shoes & Fashion
Please keep any questions, photos, reviews or tutorials regarding clothes and fashion in here.

Links and Banners
This is where our Beeunique banners are as well as our link exchange.  If you would like to add your shop's banner or be added to the link exchange, please PM one of the Moderators or the Admin (listed above).

Technical/Contact Us
Having a problem with the website?  Please let us know in here so we can fix it for you!
Double processing--DON'T DO IT, KIDS!

Why you shouldn't/Click here if you've damaged your hair

New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules* Please click the *heart* button on the left if a post is helpful to you.

Offline Nickki

• Thanks Received: 239
    • Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Atomic Pink
Beeunique Orders & Account Information
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 12 / 11:23 PM »
As customers can use different usernames and email addresses for both Beeunique and this Hair Dye Forum we feel it would be wrong to give out Beeunique account or order information via a post or private message on this forum and therefore will only answer account or delivery questions via a phone call or enquiry submitted through the Beeunique website (for customer privacy and security reasons).

Our Beeunique FAQ answers many questions including Ordering & Payment enquiries and Delivery & Postage enquiries, however if your order or beeunique account related question is still unanswered please message us via the Beeunique Contact Form.

For all Hair Dye Forum related questions please send a pm through here or place a post on the forum as normal.

Please do not post questions in the "New Here/Introduce Yourself" thread - this is only to say who you are, where you are from etc - just a basic hello.  Once you have posted in that section you will then have access to the rest of the forum where you can ask questions, reply to posts etc.
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

- Please click the *heart* button on the left if a post is helpful to you.

The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more information
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2014
Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories