Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Bleach Bath tutorial - with pictures!  (Read 230642 times)  Share 

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
Re: Bleach Bath tutorial - with pictures!
« Reply #375 on: 27 Jun 16 / 09:30 PM »
I agree. It'll also just mask the colour and make it look less brassy than it is, but it won't do all that much to tone, if anything. Use it after and use a cheap shampoo for the bleach bath.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: blonde
« Reply #376 on: 27 Jun 16 / 09:46 PM »
I didn't think about it masking the color, duh, lol. I'll just stick to my cheap suave shampoo.
life is too short to have boring hair...

• Current Colour: red
« Reply #377 on: 21 Jan 17 / 08:01 PM »
Thank you for this its brill
Im attempting my first bleach bath next week following posts here
Xxx

• Current Colour: Medium Red
« Reply #378 on: 22 Feb 17 / 12:22 PM »
Do you absolutely have to use shampoo to do a bleach bath? I co wash only and havnt had shampoo on my hair for about 4years. My hair has never gotten really greasy and frizz's which is one of the big reasons i co wash only. i would prefer not to use shampoo if possible and prefer to use a co wash, no idea how this would work though. My hair is 2B but because it is so very very long the weight of my hair pulls out a fair amount of the curly/wave so i might naturally be a 2C.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #379 on: 22 Feb 17 / 01:30 PM »
It doesn't really make any difference at all. Shampoo is just there to dilute the bleach, it's the bleach doing any damage! I tried conditioner once and it just made it more difficult to work with in my opinion. But it certainly didn't change the amount of damage done by the bleach (which is minimal with the bleach bath anyway).

• Current Colour: Medium Red
« Reply #380 on: 22 Feb 17 / 04:33 PM »
Thanks much!

• Current Colour: Green(ish?)
« Reply #381 on: 26 Feb 17 / 10:57 AM »
Thanks for this tutorial! I'll be attempting my first bb soon. But I was wondering if anyone could help me with a maximum time to leave the bleach in? I bought bleach powder and a 9% (30 vol) developer, but neither specify how long to leave it in for. The woman at the shop said I could "easily leave it in for an hour" but I doubt that as it seems quite long.. And also, do I need to use clarifying shampoo or does a different shampoo work as well? This because nowhere in my country seems to stock clarifying shampoo :s

• Junior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Faded box brown
« Reply #382 on: 15 Jun 17 / 12:25 AM »
So I most likely have to do this after the colour remover, not really sure as I have no idea how the colour remover will work out. Regardless, I have quite long hair and I'm unsure how to do the bleach bath with long hair. Is there a tutorial of any sorts how to do this with long hair?

• Current Colour: Adore Mahogany over box brown, with oilslick peekaboo!
« Reply #383 on: 15 Jun 17 / 09:21 PM »
Make sure not to do your bleach bath immediately after your colour remover, you need to give it a few days and wash your hair a few times in between or the colour remover's effects can be undone by your hair re-oxidising.

What are your concerns about doing it on long hair? Is it about which parts to do first? (Usually do your roots last, the heat from your head makes the bleach work faster)or how to section it? (or something else?)

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #384 on: 15 Jun 17 / 09:39 PM »
Yeah, I was planning on that. :) As I don't know what the colour will be after the first round of colour remover, I have to wait anyway as I have to decide to go further with the dark shades version or to get the one for medium-light shades. For that same reason I don't know yet whether I have to bleach bath at all. The colour remover I use has surprised with how much colour it removed. It never goes back to my true hair colour as the peroxide in box dye has an lighting effect.

But for your question: Actually both. I know I have to do my roots last because of the heath, but I'm not sure how to sections it and what to do first. Thanks in advance! ^^

• Current Colour: Adore Mahogany over box brown, with oilslick peekaboo!
« Reply #385 on: 16 Jun 17 / 08:44 PM »
That's right, it will always take you back to the lightest your hair has lifted to, so even dark dyes lift the colour slightly!

I guess it depends on how thick your hair is and if you are doing it yourself or have help. I usually tie the top of mine up and part the bottom section down the centre as though I'm about to make pigtails and do the lengths by pulling them to the front, then I let the top part down and do the same with that, but my hair is quite thin!

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #386 on: 17 Jun 17 / 11:17 AM »
I have a medium thickness, with lots of layers, thanks to some hairdresser who butchered my hair and bangs. I usually see tutorials with long hair but absolute insane treatments (40 vol. smashed in to it, multiple bleaches in one day...) or good tutorials but way shorter hair. I understand what you mean and that will probably work due to the massive amount of layers! Thanks!

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories