Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: scott cornwell decolour remover. pic & link heavy  (Read 12263 times)  Share 

• Junior Hair Addict
Re: scott cornwell decolour remover. pic & link heavy
« Reply #25 on: 12 Dec 13 / 11:38 PM »
Yep followed all the instructions and had done three fading treatments before doing it. I knew there was a chance that it wouldn't work but still had high hopes after reading all the positive experiences. Thinking about trying the stripper next.

• Currently wearing SFX Blood Red
« Reply #26 on: 13 Dec 13 / 12:20 AM »
I have used this product twice recently to try and fade an already faded virgin rose.
My hair did lift to a weird green / blue on my roots, but made little difference to the pink at all.
The instructions mention about "rinsing until the colour runs clear, but I didn't see any colour wash out ! :(
I have found that doing bi carb soap capping after decolour did leach out more colour, but I still left with screaming pink hair.
I did a 20 vol bleach Bath to tone in my roots, but now my hair is yellow and pink and every time I look in the mirror I crave batternburg cake!   Nom nom
Swimming in the backwater provincial borough of Des

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #27 on: 13 Dec 13 / 12:56 AM »
Yep followed all the instructions and had done three fading treatments before doing it. I knew there was a chance that it wouldn't work but still had high hopes after reading all the positive experiences. Thinking about trying the stripper next.

don't use the stripper, do a bleach bath.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: pastel pink, lilac, white, silver
« Reply #28 on: 13 Dec 13 / 01:30 AM »
I agree I think the strippers seem far more damaging than a bleach bath and the couple times I've tried them out they both sucked. They both were more damaging than a bleach bath and barely even budged the black I had. 95% of my hair was still black and a few spots were a dark brown....
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

• Current Colour: Warm choc Brown
« Reply #29 on: 29 Sep 14 / 12:08 PM »
Hellooooooo

Just wondering if i can ask....my hair was light ashy blonde (dark blonde au nautural lightened with box colours over a period of time) last week i decided it would be nice to be more of a warm blonde..i was thinking caramel tones, honey...maybe i was just hungry lol. Anyway having completely failed to think it through (eg putting warm tones on ash tones makes green, duh) i put on a permanent warm dark blonde box dye and ended up with a mingy grey green mid brown...like seaweed. In a panic ( i have a public facing job) i dashed out and brought a semi in a warm chocolate brown - i was thinking just get rid of green...but its very very dark and makes me soooo pale i really hate it  :'(
yesterday i brought two boxes of decolour - i've used it before but ages ago. Any ideas how this will turn out? Will it likely go ginger with the VERY warm colour i have in it now? I'd love to get back to what i started with before i royally fudged up my hair.

ANY advice soooo much appreciated xxx

« Reply #30 on: 29 Sep 14 / 12:15 PM »
It should go back to blonde. Possibly somewhere between the ash and warm. The sooner you use a colour remover on permanent colour, the better it works.

But, please, please, don't use another permanent dye for at least a month!

« Reply #31 on: 29 Sep 14 / 12:35 PM »
It should go back to blonde. Possibly somewhere between the ash and warm. The sooner you use a colour remover on permanent colour, the better it works.

But, please, please, don't use another permanent dye for at least a month!

Thank you  :D  I know i'll have to leave it well alone for a few weeks...i'm just slightly nervous that the decolour will make it bright ginger and i'll be stuck with it until its safe to do anything, i can't tell you how much i hate this semi-perm chocolate red colour - it looks lovely on the box and maybe on a million other people but on me its awful..underneath that is the disaster of the permanent mid blonde that made my hair go grey green.... i brought the two boxes of decolour just incase one doesnt cut it. Ugh.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Pink roots to lilac/purple fade
« Reply #32 on: 29 Sep 14 / 08:22 PM »
Hopefully it should take it back to blonde since its was dyed recently. Just make sure you rinse it for long enough so all the molecules are out.
You can then use a semi permanent dye, such as the adore blondes to put more golden tones in your hair
If you need something quicker, superdrug do wash in, wash out dyes which last 2-3 washes. You could use those until you get the other dye or your hair has rested enough for another permanent color.

« Reply #33 on: 30 Sep 14 / 12:31 PM »
Wellll i did the decolour last night - followed the instructions to the letter and the first batch ended with a light ish gingery brown. I decided to do it again as it says its ok to do so on the instructions and my friend came over and said the back was abit patchy  ::) the second lot didnt do much difference to be honest other than even out the very dark bits i'd missed. So now i am left with a mid warm brown, slightly gingery and no-where near blonde. Is this staining from the colour i used? Should i have one more bash with the decolour or some other decolouring product? My hair feels great - probably better than it felt with all the dark dye in it actually, nice and soft and not particularly dry. I'm abit confused as the instructions supplied says you can use a semi colour straight after but don't most of these contain peroxide??? I am thinking about doing a bleach bath eventually but realise i have to wait a while so as not to damage hair. I'm just not sure whether i still have colour in there or whether its staining, the red chocolate brown was really red so maybe its clung on....idk....if the colour is still there and its not staining what would a bleach bath do??? I was thinking i'd get a purple shampoo and a blue shampoo to have on standby to counter any more gingery moments

sorry for the long rant, just confused and any tips very genuinely appreciated  *thx*

*edit* i think the colour has darkened a little bit overnight so does this suggest there is still colour molecules in there that could be removed???

« Reply #34 on: 30 Sep 14 / 01:13 PM »
It could be staining, yes. There's always a possibility every time you dye unfortunately.

Semi dyes, that is true semis and not dyes that say they last longer than 6-8 washes, don't contain peroxide. Any dye that is called semi but says they last more than 8 washes do usually have peroxide. Basically, if it's one bottle it's fine, if it's two bottles it means it has peroxide.

The darkness you're seeing this  morning could be just the difference in light. I do find my hair looks darker in natural light at this time of year. But it capfuls also be what's called re oxidisation. That does mean there's colour molecules left and not fully washed out, now they are growing again. You can try it once more. I would guess that it'll get you a bit lighter, but not quite as light as you'd like. You probably will still have to tone orange tones though. The orange will probably fade over time.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories