Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: scott cornwell decolour remover. pic & link heavy  (Read 11938 times)  Share 

• Pippa: A term for a girl who always hurts herself
  • Current Colour: faded pravana violet, manic panic atomic turquoise, special effects napalm orange and directions cerise
scott cornwell decolour remover. pic & link heavy
« on: 19 Jan 13 / 07:40 PM »
Hello one and all,

I know that recently alot of us have made the change from colour b4 & jo bazz, to the more expensive counterpart that scott has now leant his name to. The decolour remover. I have had alot of success using this product as have other forum members. The colour stripper on the other hand contains peroxide & left meeshy's hair felling nasty, so avoid that =)

Here are some before and after pics of my most recent use. I ended up washing my hair (with a jug over the bath using th tap, as i have no shower & the taps are to old & weird shaped for one of thiose shower head do hickeys) for 45minutes as the water would not run clear! Last time i only had to rinse for 10ish mins. When the decolour was on, the left side went lilacy, but dryed a bluey/purple. The under colour was pink, then red, then turq/midnight one one half & turq/greens on the other, so i knew it'd be a bit odd. I'm unsure whether it reoxidised itself from so much rinsing or what. but here's my before & after pics.

Before(this is after a bicarb session)

After

Token stupid faces, that show the colour difference on each side. Slight cruella ;)

Here are some links to other success'
http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=9310.0
http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=8173.0
http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=9212.0

The wonder product
http://www.boots.com/en/Decolour-Hair-Colour-Remover_1262294/

It left my hair feeling softer than jo bazz or bicarbing ever has. It still smells nasty, like fizzy lemonade & eggs, but it's not as powerful or lingering as jo bazz(the only ever stripper i used) it's easy to apply & ususally quite quick to rinse out. It works better in semi's than permanent dyes apparetnly. Also in the q&a sections he talks about sillicone damage, which is a massive thumbs up in my books.

So i'd give it a 8/10  *1* woo yeah

Please feel free to add experiences & outcomes to this thread, to help others out also =)
Spreading rainbow domination acro
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
Re: scott cornwell decolour remover. pic & link heavy
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 13 / 12:37 AM »
Thanks for the review and pics, looks like a great result, I'm definitely going to try this on my stubborn red as soon as I can afford to buy some :)
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

• Jump on a carousel and don't let go.
    • kimberlee123.deviantart.com
  • Current Colour: Dark pink-red ... Barbie's blood?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 13 / 11:44 AM »
Love this!  I'm impressed that it brought back the cruella effect--I thought you'd redyed!

• Costume grad who likes shiny things!
    • Vaudeville
  • Current Colour: Trying to fade Directions Turquoise!
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 13 / 12:36 PM »
Fab results! I <3 this product! Ill be using it again later on today :)

Edit: annnnd here's the results!

Before

^ for some random reason I had these extensions lying around, they matched the ends perfectly! Ignore the clothes we were doing pub golf

After

• Dye-Hard
    • Facebook - Laura Jade Clegg
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 13 / 08:09 PM »
Both awesome results there!!

Oh Pip and your faces ;D

I reckon if you did another dose of colour remover it might go more icey like you wanted.
"Bloody hell!" [Ticks off on fingers] "Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, b****cks, oh God! I'm English!"

• Current Colour: faded pravana violet, manic panic atomic turquoise, special effects napalm orange and directions cerise
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 13 / 08:14 PM »
i think you're right, but i like this colour enough to not bother =D will just shampoop it up for a while me thinks

• Dye-Hard
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 13 / 01:53 AM »
Its bloody good stuff this! I used it to get rid of my blue and pink cruella, only got pictures of one side of it cos the pink side faded well with bicarb mix, but the blue side wouldn't budge with fading. It started like this

And after one go of decolour remover it looked like this

which we probably all know I loved and kept up the pastels for aaaages :P

I was super impressed with it and I shall be using it again when I finally decide to get rid of the green (IF!)

PS Meeshy your phone case and Tshirt from the after photos are just <3

*EDIT* didn't notice you'd already linked to this Pippa. Ah well, nothing like shoving my hair success in your faces XD

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 13 / 07:17 PM »
silly robin =p is no worries tho, as we might merge all the reviews here anyways ;)

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 13 / 02:38 PM »
I just used this and have to say it's way better than colour b4. It has taken the midnight blue to a dirty green colour. The only thing it didn't make a difference to is this damn rose red!! I'd definitely use it again

• Dye-Hard
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 13 / 12:54 AM »
silly robin =p is no worries tho, as we might merge all the reviews here anyways ;)

Its all good though because there wasn't a before picture in my thread so I've improved on it :P

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 13 / 12:34 PM »
I'm a bit gutted today, my hair seems to have gone back to how it was before I used decolour! I'd say it's just a little bit lighter now, I have no idea why this happened because I rinsed for ages :-( Ah well I guess I'll have to make do with bleach bathing.

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 13 / 03:54 PM »
i wonder if washing to long makes it reoxidise, as i had the same thing happen. interesting......

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 13 / 05:43 PM »
It'll be interesting to see if anyone else gets the same problem. I gave my hair a damn good scrub with a t gel/i love juicy/colour b4u mix and a fair bit of colour came out. There can't be any trace of the decolour left and it's too expensive to buy another 2 boxes and have the same outcome so it'll be colour b4 next time.

• Senior Hair Addict
    • Theodora's grimoire
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 13 / 06:45 PM »
I'm not sure the difference in price with Jo Baz (more than twice) is worth it personally after having tried it. I did get some re-oxidisation. But then again I'm using it on henna so it is different than normal hair dye.
Obviously it's got some massive pros: less smelly, less rinsing, but I'm not sure they're worth the price for me. I was so excited about it as well... Oh well.
Ad augusta per angusta

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
« Reply #14 on: 01 Feb 13 / 12:10 AM »
I'll finally be able to get some of this next week, but was just wondering...on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is the smell, and how many washes will it take for the smell to disappear completely?
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

« Reply #15 on: 01 Feb 13 / 12:15 AM »
Smell is a 6/7.  It didnt make me gag or have a headache. But the smell lingers in my studio flat. The smell was gone after I washed it out :)

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
« Reply #16 on: 01 Feb 13 / 12:23 AM »

• Junior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Directions Plum
« Reply #17 on: 03 Apr 13 / 08:00 PM »
I bought one box of this Decolour remover just in case it didn't work. I only did the top half of my head (parted from top of ears) because I would need 2 boxes to do all my hair. Also I only really wanted to do the the top half of my hair because it was the most stubborn and wouldn't fade as much as the under half (the under half was already close to what my top half was like after the Decolour remover).

The smell wasn't too bad but did linger on my  hair even after washing with fragrant shampoos and conditioners. It even reared up again when I put my latest dye on lol *ill* (when I took off the shower cap and cling film it really did pong). The smell wasn't that bad though, wouldn't put me off using this or a similar smelling product again.

I am happy with the results, it certainly did take out quite a bit of colour and maybe would have done more on a 2nd application but IMO it can work out expensive if you have long hair and want to do more than one application. For me, 2 applications on a full head would be around 52.

Before and after pics below:

• Current Colour: Adore African Violet and Pink Rose Cruella
« Reply #18 on: 04 Apr 13 / 09:12 AM »
I've never had trouble with re-oxidising and I don't rinse for very long, deffo not as long as you have to with ColourB4. I wonder if that is the key after all?
Brain tumour survivor

• Currently wearing SFX Blood Red
« Reply #19 on: 25 Nov 13 / 03:41 PM »
Hi everyone.
I have read loads about this product on here over the last few weeks, but I still have a couple of lingering questions.
I'd be grateful to anyone who can help.

So, I want to use the SC Decolour product to try and get the rest of a build up of Directions and SFX out of my hair.  I have been using clarifying shampoo ect..
All of my hair is lightened with XXL blonders (max or absolute) as a base.
Is the XXL a problem?  As I know a lot of people here use traditional bleach (or B bathing) to lighten.

What will the SC Decolour do to the XXL in my hair, if anything?
I read that SC states that the silicone can be a factor when trying to remove xxl colour - but it is not like I have been using XXL brown or red, if you see what I mean....
Also I know I read it somewhere, but I can't find it again.. how many days should I leave between decolour attempts? 
If after 3 decolours, should I leave it a week if I still need to Bleach Bath (for cuticle staining) ?

Thanks in advance,
asgothas
Swimming in the backwater provincial borough of Des

• Jump on a carousel and don't let go.
    • kimberlee123.deviantart.com
  • Current Colour: Dark pink-red ... Barbie's blood?
« Reply #20 on: 26 Nov 13 / 01:29 PM »
XXL shouldn't be a problem as a base.  The problem with XXL dyes is they have silicone in them, so if you use very hot heat styling, it can boil in to the hair shaft and won't come out if it's a darker colour.  It shouldn't be a problem with blondes.

Decolour Remover also shouldn't affect the blonde underneath, as it doesn't have peroxide or anything to lift.  There might be staining from the semi colours, though.

I personally would leave at least a couple of days between Decolourings, but I know of people who've done three one right after the other (or one day after the other).

You need to leave it a week and wash several times during that week if you wish to use any peroxide based product after Decolour.  Leave at least two days between your last shampoo and the peroxide process.

• Currently wearing SFX Blood Red
« Reply #21 on: 26 Nov 13 / 01:57 PM »
Thanks for your reply Intempestivity.
:)
asgothas
Swimming in the backwater provincial borough of Des

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #22 on: 12 Dec 13 / 05:43 PM »
I'v just finished using this product and i have to say i'm really hacked off! It hasn't done anything to my hair. My hair is pastel pink and the dye was applied less than two weeks ago to a nearly white base. It's not even lifted at the roots and top of my head where the dye has already begun to fade which is really disappointing given all the great reviews here. 

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: pastel pink, lilac, white, silver
« Reply #23 on: 12 Dec 13 / 06:29 PM »
That sucks :( Did you fully clarify, not condition and dry the hair first? And did you try any fading treatments first? Sometimes it seems like if you remove some of the "excess" dye, it works better. But they're not designed for semis so the results can really vary a lot. Maybe try some fading treatments if you haven't already:

http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=1704.0

Also, she had really good results with using colour b4 for fashion colours:
http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=1704.0

I would try some fading treatments first, and if those don't do enough, it's at least worth a try before resorting to bleach
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #24 on: 12 Dec 13 / 10:51 PM »
There's never a guarantee it'll work on fashion colours and I'm afraid pink is the colour it's least likely to work on generally.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories