Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: FAQ: Tattoos  (Read 11904 times)  Share 

• Pippa: A term for a girl who always hurts herself
  • Current Colour: faded pravana violet, manic panic atomic turquoise, special effects napalm orange and directions cerise
Re: FAQ: Tattoos
« Reply #25 on: 08 Jun 11 / 02:59 PM »
i'll add a pic as soon as i can. will upload via my bb to facebook and then on here once im home =) coolio. i love underwater sleeves. i saw a woman with the *most* beautiful underwater 3/4 sleeve. had a turtle ands stuff
Spreading rainbow domination acro
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Adore Purple Rage
« Reply #26 on: 08 Jun 11 / 06:37 PM »
Heres my Octopus outline he`s called Ozric,cant wait to get him coloured.Ive got some great ideas for my 1/2 sleeve too, will take a while in instalments.Cant wait to see yours havent got a clue what it is ;D

My hovercraft is full of eels !

• Current Colour: faded pravana violet, manic panic atomic turquoise, special effects napalm orange and directions cerise
« Reply #27 on: 08 Jun 11 / 07:25 PM »
*evil cackle*

• Dye-Hard
  • Freakishly Delirious
« Reply #28 on: 09 Jun 11 / 07:59 PM »
Only one more day to go Pippa!
"If less is more then just think how much more MORE would be!" - Frasier

« Reply #29 on: 09 Jun 11 / 10:02 PM »
im beyond excited! but ive been really ill the past 24hours, so was worried i might not be able to make the appointment. but am feeling better now

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #30 on: 10 Jun 11 / 11:54 PM »
Glad your feeling better,your new ink looks fab,I wonder what colour you choose  ;)

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #31 on: 27 Jun 11 / 02:16 PM »
Ive been on the Big tattoo planet forum asking about tattoo creams v bepanthen.Quite a lot of the people on there recommend washing 2-3 times a day,using bepanthen and wrapping in cling film for 3-4 days.
Ive been doing this,and its been brilliant,no scabbing flaking and the color looks really good.
Have a read

http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/tattoo-talk/19612-aftercare

chrononaut

« Reply #32 on: 08 Jul 11 / 05:42 PM »
can i add something? if you have a tattoo on your waist/hip/stomach...should you fall pregnant, Moisturise the heck out of it!!!twice a day if you will! with olive oil or bio oil....you wont need to do it too much in the first trimester, but towards the end you will.I had no stretch marks untill the final 3 weeks when my bump suddenly had a bit of a growth spurt and my skin couldn't keep up, so ended up splitting and marking. i managed to save most of my flower tattoo, but i had a heart one which is looking rather blurred :/

• Dye-Hard
  • Freakishly Delirious
« Reply #33 on: 10 Jul 11 / 03:19 PM »
Yup my belly button tattoo looks all weird now after two kids and I want to get it covered.
"If less is more then just think how much more MORE would be!" - Frasier

« Reply #34 on: 03 Sep 11 / 09:55 AM »
Oh im so glad i found this!,had my 2 new tats done on my hands yesterday and will using this advice!.So different from when i had my last ones done 15 years ago,it was all about the scab,yuk!.

PetitMom

« Reply #35 on: 09 Sep 11 / 01:38 PM »
Very handy information :) had my first tattoo last weekend and been taking very special care of it. There are moments when I feel like scratching it but find a warm shower with unscented or no soap helps a bunch.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #36 on: 09 Sep 11 / 03:02 PM »
Slapping it is also a good way to relieve itching :)
-= The Girl Anachronism =-

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #37 on: 10 Sep 11 / 11:31 PM »
I want a tattooo but Im scared lol Id love a fairy

(funnily enough I do have a tattooo -on my wrist a silly thing I did myself-not recommended-but didnt hurt cos I was drunk)
Feel free to add me on fb Debbie Pinkydinkydoo Swift :D

Evanle

« Reply #38 on: 26 Nov 11 / 03:06 PM »
 I already have a small tattoo on my forearm near my elbow and everything is fine with that one. However, I would like to get a much larger tat on the inside of my upper arm.
Would it be safe to workout while the tattoo is healing?
Once it is healed, would it become distorted if my arms grew bigger?
(the tattoo isn't just some words or an outline. It would be a bird and filled in with color)
-Thank you

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #39 on: 28 Nov 11 / 05:56 PM »
It's generally good to avoid working out with a fresh tattoo because you want to keep it pretty dry and swear obviously makes this an issue. If you gain a lot of fat or muscle on your arms, then it could distort the tattoo.

bluebellstar

« Reply #40 on: 07 Jan 12 / 10:29 AM »
hey everyone just seen this, i LOVE tattoos! I have a right arm half floral sleeve, all special flowers for my mum and grandma with a peacock butterfly and robin bird on. I also have one on my foot, wrist, and having more done soon. love all the info on here. I have to say though I have used bepanthen in the past but my artist swears by coco butter - and i can honestly say it is fantastic!  just the normal tub of coco butter. the day after having it done start applying it keeping it well moisturised. Mine just flaked off with minimal itching and healed up really fast!! when in the past i have used bepanthen and its taken ages to heal! i wont use anything else now and im really paranoid about my tattoos when they heal lol especially my sleeve and it is fab stuff xxxx

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #41 on: 18 Jan 12 / 05:57 AM »
Eh I went to the crappiest places for mine.. I still have pain on my back one that goes over my spine all over my middle back, itches like hell a lot and I've had it for over a year! And a part of it the guy touched up, but it seems like it didn't hold ink because it faded again

Seems like I have to get all three touched up by a for sure skilled artist.

It sucks because if I have an itch, I will wake up scratching the hellllllll out of it! I did that with all my tattoos and I couldn't prevent myself from doing it since I woke up doing it ): it's any itch though not just a tattoo, I'm just weird D;

hey everyone just seen this, i LOVE tattoos! I have a right arm half floral sleeve, all special flowers for my mum and grandma with a peacock butterfly and robin bird on. I also have one on my foot, wrist, and having more done soon. love all the info on here. I have to say though I have used bepanthen in the past but my artist swears by coco butter - and i can honestly say it is fantastic!  just the normal tub of coco butter. the day after having it done start applying it keeping it well moisturised. Mine just flaked off with minimal itching and healed up really fast!! when in the past i have used bepanthen and its taken ages to heal! i wont use anything else now and im really paranoid about my tattoos when they heal lol especially my sleeve and it is fab stuff xxxx

Ah I've wanted to try cocoa butter! Like the palmer's kind. I'm just so paranoid because it heals and smooths scars (a tattoo is basically a scar right) I feel it will fade all mine!! :p

My next one will be the date 1635 in roman numerals going down my forearm, it's the first known legislation against animal cruelty :D

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #42 on: 18 Jan 12 / 03:11 PM »
No, a tattoo isn't basically a scar, it's pigment which has been injected into your skin. Totally different thing.

torifgarder

« Reply #43 on: 17 May 12 / 11:17 AM »
Tattoos are made by using the tattoo gun. It has a needle but it does not offer as painful as you described. The experts say, you should not expose your tattoos at least for a week. This would reduce the ink fading. You should not use tight wear at the tattoos areas.  Donít use the greasy ointment. You should  talk  with tattoo expert.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #44 on: 18 Jul 12 / 12:23 PM »
Hey, I have half a sleeve (both sides of my forearm covered) with big colourful pieces, and a small one behind my ear which I can post up at some point I'm sure. I also have two crappy things I had done when I was 16 and knew nothing about the world of tattoos and what was achievable! So I learnt the hard way ;)
But I have to say when looking after my tattoos I used bepanthen for the first few days (when it's more like a wound) then you want to stop using something so medicated. I also swear by cocoa butter, you can use it everytime your tattoo feels a bit tight/itchy or dry. If your tattoo is feeling dry and ichy, don't go for a warm shower, avoid soaking your tattoo as much as possible. The warm water causes any scabs to soften and will peel away earlier. Just put a small amount of cocoa butter on it and gentley rub it in. Don't let it get dry basically as it'll get more scabby. Cocoa butter is also good at livening up old tattoos (for a little while) it makes the colours vibrant until the moisture runs out :). I love tattoos and would be covered if I could afford it hehe. I love going to conventions and reading the magazines for inspiration and handy tips.

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #45 on: 28 Jul 12 / 11:56 PM »
i know this sounds daft but would your tattoo be alittle too sore to be washed so vigorously after it's been tattooed? i haven't had my planned tattoos yet as i'm planning and saving and wanting to lose a couple more stones before i have the tattoos i'm wanting (i want the first one to be in memory of my grandma), plus i'm still considering placement for some of them :) xxx
Hair Growth
Current: 14.5" - May 2014
Mid-Target: 17" - August 2014
Target: 20" - December 2014

« Reply #46 on: 29 Jul 12 / 12:05 AM »
zaralily - obviously the area will be tender in the first 48 hours or so, but not so painful that you can't wash the area thoroughly. I know it's tempting to be gentle, but a firm wash using your finger tips will not damage the tattoo/hurt at all. Using cling-film on the tattooed area for the first 3 days will also ensure the tattoo won't scab, as it locks in the moisture (moisture loss is what causes scabbing).

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #47 on: 29 Jul 12 / 12:16 AM »
zaralily - obviously the area will be tender in the first 48 hours or so, but not so painful that you can't wash the area thoroughly. I know it's tempting to be gentle, but a firm wash using your finger tips will not damage the tattoo/hurt at all. Using cling-film on the tattooed area for the first 3 days will also ensure the tattoo won't scab, as it locks in the moisture (moisture loss is what causes scabbing).

awh cool! thank you :Dxxx
Hair Growth
Current: 14.5" - May 2014
Mid-Target: 17" - August 2014
Target: 20" - December 2014

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #48 on: 29 Jul 12 / 10:03 AM »

Don't clingfilm it for days on end, heat + moisture = bacteria.

Moderator edited post

« Reply #49 on: 29 Jul 12 / 04:50 PM »
I don't believe I said 'days on end', just the first three. For me personally, this method prevented all scabbing and I only had one day of peeling. Obviously any dressing worn should be changed regularly, and any signs of infection present should be noted and the dressing no longer worn.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories