Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: FAQ: Piercings  (Read 8875 times)  Share 

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Girl of the Sun
Re: FAQ: Piercings
« Reply #25 on: 20 Mar 12 / 04:05 PM »
Is a piercer allowed to use any form of anesthesia? when i did my nose my piercer said they should never use any form of anesthesia unless there is a doctor present but my friend did a lip piercing a few days ago and her piercer used a spray anesthesia on her lip
If you're not looking where you wanna go, you will go where you are looking...

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #26 on: 20 Mar 12 / 05:52 PM »
Yeah, that and the cream are fine, it's just injections/gas that aren't allowed.
-= The Girl Anachronism =-

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: CC - Apricot & black
« Reply #27 on: 20 Mar 12 / 06:51 PM »
sorry to ask here but BJS are all so negative.

wanting my cheeks pierced basically, next weekend, because i have a 2 week easter holiday in which time the swelling (or most of it) should have gone down for the most part. but they're all saying that cheeks can randomly just mess up and go all red and everything from time to time.
i think it's because i mentioned getting them done because i wanted to have them on all my prom photos and stuff (and i really don't want to leave them till last, piercing wise) i know there's a bit of a chance on prom day they'll be all swollen and crap, but yeah.

i need advice, even though the chance isn't big at all, is it worth the risk? i really want them, but i don't fancy huuuuge face on prom day. am i being silly? a piercing i'm gunna have for a lifetime give or take a few, shouldn't be put off just because i may have a little soreness on one day?

• Rose Gold Autumn - personal blog
  • Current Colour: Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise
« Reply #28 on: 20 Mar 12 / 07:25 PM »
I wish Claire's would get shut down. It makes me so angry how many poor babies are being taken along by their unknowing parents to get pierced with these guns. I hhad my ears, top of my ear, AND my nostril pierced with guns back in the 90's. Terrible! talk about painful. And yeah, I can get 1.6 rings in my nose cause the piercing gun jewellery was so thick!
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Rose Gold Autumn - personal blog
  • Current Colour: Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise
« Reply #29 on: 20 Mar 12 / 07:27 PM »
Poh, tbh Ive got good friends that had their cheeks done for years and then all of a sudden they went septic and had to be taken out...

I dunno if that was cause of them not cleaning them/smoking or whatever, but I guess if you get them done just look after them well and hopefully they'll look nice for your prom :)

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Girl of the Sun
« Reply #30 on: 20 Mar 12 / 07:49 PM »
Yeah, that and the cream are fine, it's just injections/gas that aren't allowed.
good to know, thank you :)

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #31 on: 20 Mar 12 / 08:15 PM »
thanks Glitterpix, i definately would treat them so so well, i know they're different, but i never gave my other piercings (other than septum) half as much attention as they needed and they're fine, but i'm currently reading about them, hearing lots of horror stories, and people seem to be wanting to put me off.. strange! i'm up for the hamster cheeks, redness, soreness, oozing, because i know they're worth it, i'm just getting those niggling feelings :(

• Dye-Hard
    • Tumblr
  • Current Colour: Henna red
« Reply #32 on: 20 Mar 12 / 08:21 PM »
I don't think people are trying to put you off, I think they're just trying to make sure you know that yes, they may look pretty, but they require so much work and maintenance!
Cheek piercings aren't something you get on an impulse, which I'm sure you already know!
I'm an animal just like you..

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #33 on: 20 Mar 12 / 08:33 PM »
yeah that's what i mean, i've explained i'm up for the scarring, oozing but idk just seems like everything's so negative :')

« Reply #34 on: 05 Jul 12 / 11:40 AM »
anybody thinking of it i say dont get your cheeks done, i have had loads of other piercings and no problems, i knew all about cheeks and pretty much researched for two years before having them done...now its 4 months later and they are a pain in the @ss. I still have to baby them like a brand new piercing. I got the dreaded bump and ended up trying 2 types of antibiotics and fucidin h steriod cream . Now im stuck between having them as they keep flaring up and the scars they leave...dont do it. just have to say im a woman in my late 30s and i have followed all procedures and aftercare to the T, so sometimes this happens no matter how careful you are.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #35 on: 05 Jul 12 / 02:42 PM »
I've been considering them lately but there is a very strong sense of logic in my head telling my its something I am going to regret and the scars wont be worth it.

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #36 on: 05 Jul 12 / 04:10 PM »
the scars from cheeks removed are tiny, most of the time you cant even see them. Anyone want a picture of them ill happily take one of my face no makeup on :)

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #37 on: 05 Jul 12 / 04:12 PM »
Its very personal how you scar, my piercing scars leave a VERY obvious shape, hole-like - and I have enough scars as it is :(

But yeah I'd like to see them anyway :)

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #38 on: 05 Jul 12 / 04:57 PM »
ill take a picture later :) ill see if i can find  apic of them freshly removed too as they have been out for 2 years or so

« Reply #39 on: 05 Jul 12 / 05:35 PM »
im interested in seeing, but its not the actually piercing hole im so worried about as i have retired alot of piercings with no problem, its the discolouration and bumpy scar tissue the 'bump' has left. It looks like a really bad acne scar around it and i have had enough of them as i had 'teenage' acne for over 20 years..when the ball has gone the purple and shiny raised skin around the hole will be more obvious and they can take like 2 years to fade.. i wish i hadnt had it done, but you live and learn.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #40 on: 27 Jul 12 / 12:41 AM »
hi guys can some1 tell me if theres a piercing name for having  2 holes under ur lip but above ur chin, to either side of the center of your face????? and if u have had any experience with them...i wanna get it done next week but iv got an operation on the 23rd august and I'm not allowed jewellery, hence ill have to take it out (not for long tho ) but am worried they may close up on me cause they'll still be pretty new......plus i had one done under my lip in the center and had to take it out cause i had a growth on inside of my mouth?????

• Pippa: A term for a girl who always hurts herself
  • Current Colour: faded pravana violet, manic panic atomic turquoise, special effects napalm orange and directions cerise
« Reply #41 on: 27 Jul 12 / 10:13 AM »
they're commonly reffered to as snake bites. personally i wouldnt get them till after the op, as yiu're running hte risk of thrm closing up, so wasting your money, plus you may get an infection, or have to repierce them if thy start too close up =( really not a risk worth tkaing imo. just be patient =)
Spreading rainbow domination acro

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #42 on: 27 Jul 12 / 10:27 AM »
lol knew youd say that pippa..lol.. i know ur right , im just inpatient..i will avta breath n count to a million..x

• Pippa: A term for a girl who always hurts herself
  • Current Colour: faded pravana violet, manic panic atomic turquoise, special effects napalm orange and directions cerise
« Reply #43 on: 27 Jul 12 / 10:34 AM »
i am right ;) will be worth the wait though, so you can have a healty fully healed piercing tho =)
Spreading rainbow domination acro

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
« Reply #44 on: 30 Oct 12 / 10:46 AM »
I'm a little worried about one of my new piercings. A week ago today, I got my nose and lip pierced...

http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=8570.0

My nose piercing seems to be healing well enough, but I'm not too sure about my lip piercing. It seems fine on the inside of my lip, but on the outside it's still red and sore a week later, and is also a little warm and itching constantly. It had a little white stuff oozing out but a couple of days ago I began getting yellow crusting forming around the stud, and last night I began experiencing a "tight" sensation, if that makes sense. I've been cleaning it twice daily with pre-boiled salt water soaks, and alcohol-free antiseptic mouthwash.

I'm not sure what to think about this; is it normal, or is the piercing likely to be infected? I'm due to see my doctor soon so am going to have her look at it if it's not improved by then, but I'm hoping that you ladies might have some suggestions/advice in the meantime? :)
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #45 on: 30 Oct 12 / 11:00 AM »
Have you been touching it other than to clean it? It's still a fairly fresh piercing so some gunk, swelling and crust is to be expected, but if it seems to be getting worse then, from what you've said, I have two suggestions: make sure you're not touching it with your filthy hands (hands are so gross) and not twisting it or anything, and also switch to just salt water - you can swill your mouth out with this instead of the mouthwash which might be a bit harsh.

It's very unlikely to be infected, assuming the piercing place was clean, so don't worry about that. Remember to swill your mouth out after eating/smoking as well. You can do this with plain water, it's just to stop any crap from getting stuck in there. Since it's such a fresh piercing, wait another couple of weeks before worrying about it and try not to over-clean it due to worry as over-cleaning can be just as bad as not doing it enough because it can irritate the wound.

Hope that helps!

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
« Reply #46 on: 30 Oct 12 / 11:14 AM »
Thanks for replying :) I never knew that about the mouthwash, I'd always assumed that was essential...
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

• Current Colour: Blue-Black
« Reply #47 on: 01 Jan 13 / 06:37 PM »
Hey everyone, have a small problem with my navel piercing, anyone got any advice? Story: got it pierced a year ago. Wasn't the easiest to heal, since I was pretty rough with it, the bottom part of the whole crusted for months, but eventually calmed down. A few weeks ago, I changed the original jewellery to something else (stainless steel, just in case thats important). Now, the piercing feels fine, its not sore or hot or swollen or anything like that. But, I checked it today, and the top of the hole, which has been healed for a while, looked very red, and sort of flakey? Theres also some clear lymph. Its just where the top ball rests, you can't see it unless I move the top ball. So, I'm just wondering, is this just an allergic reaction to the metal, and if so, should I just change back to the original bar? Or is it the dreaded rejection process starting :'(?

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #48 on: 02 Jan 13 / 12:34 PM »
It could be that you have crappy jewellery in. Try switching to a titanium bar and see if that helps.

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Girl of the Sun
« Reply #49 on: 02 Jan 13 / 12:55 PM »
Could be an injury, maybe it got pulled when you changed clothes or sth? But i gotta say that's how mine behaved when it was rejecting :( maybe you should ask the piercer what you can do.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories