Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: New here? Introduce yourself  (Read 162672 times)  Share 

Vibration

Re: New here? Introduce yourself
« Reply #50 on: 09 Jan 10 / 11:43 AM »
Hi I'm Lucy! Agrh I'm right this minute at i type trying to bleach out a blue colour from sfx. err. kind of being a nightmare. anywho, i used to stick to reds and orange but i've been a blueberry for the past 3 months. next up i'm giving atomic pink a go. wooo. anywho i'm 19, live in derby, england and i do freelance makeup. wahey.

Atomic Pink is THE BEST!

I'm doing it, whenever the dye arrives -- damn clumpy white stuff is scaring away the post man.

liz

« Reply #51 on: 09 Jan 10 / 02:54 PM »
hi. im liz. im an art student. i have no idea what my natural hair colour is

hevaeyre

« Reply #52 on: 11 Jan 10 / 12:34 PM »
haa liz...to be fair I'm not sure what colour mine is either....something inbetween blonde and brown!

• Beeunique
  • Current Colour: SFX Nuclear Red
« Reply #53 on: 11 Jan 10 / 12:48 PM »
Mines was mousy blonde when I first started dyeing it around age 18 but now its a dark brown natural colour....!  No idea when it changed and was not aware of my roots looking darker over time but one day I spotted some greys at the side, looked closer at hair and realised my roots were a medium brown and its gotten darker since then.

Hi to all new members, good to see you here. If you have any comments or suggestions on features for the website or if you'd like to submit photos, guides, hints etc please feel free to pm me :)
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.
- Click here to like Beeunique on Facebook.
- New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Vibration

« Reply #54 on: 11 Jan 10 / 12:55 PM »
My long term friends no longer remember my natural hair colour.
And I have many friends now who have never seen me without dyed hair.
One friend saw an old photo of me with brown hair and shrieked "That looks WRONG!"

Anyway, my roots are seriously showing at the moment. So the bottom half of my hair is brown and the top of blue.  So, yeah, will need a great good whacking with bleach asap!

• myspace
« Reply #55 on: 11 Jan 10 / 10:41 PM »
My long term friends no longer remember my natural hair colour.

What is your natural hair color?
Mine's dark dark brown...I think..or maybe just brown...
Screaming is bad for the throat but good for the soul.

Vibration

« Reply #56 on: 12 Jan 10 / 08:13 AM »
What is your natural hair color?
Mine's dark dark brown...I think..or maybe just brown...

yeah mine is very dark brown.

I was going to write a much longer message here, but I realise it's WAY OFF TOPIC, and would be better in it's own thread! Cool!

• My art
« Reply #57 on: 12 Jan 10 / 03:06 PM »
Hi I am a civil servant who dreams of being a comic artist and I've been dying my hair for...
*counts fingers and toes*
22 years.  My natural hair colour was a light brown if I remember lightly. Currently i am Deep purple and Atomic Pink. Lully!  I may go blue at some point....
Hey up!

masquerade

« Reply #58 on: 12 Jan 10 / 11:09 PM »
Mines was mousy blonde when I first started dyeing it around age 18 but now its a dark brown natural colour....!

Mind did the same! I was blonde before I started dying my hair. Now my roots are brown!!

Vibration

« Reply #59 on: 13 Jan 10 / 08:33 AM »
Hi I am a civil servant who dreams of being a comic artist and I've been dying my hair for...
22 years. 

*counts through musical movements*

WOW!
You've been doing your hair since Acid House??

I read somewhere that dying your hair funky colours didn't become popular until the 90s when a bunch of affordable dyes hit the market. So... was that article totally wrong?
Or was it an extreme sub-culture, mind-blowing, "no one is really doing this", thing before then?

Then again, didn't punks dye their hair...

Umm...

Colour me confused.

obscurityknocks

« Reply #60 on: 13 Jan 10 / 08:48 AM »
I want to know when crazy dyes were invented, and first marketed. Been searching for this information for years.  'Mid-seventies' is the only answer I get, but I want clarification, damnit!

Vibration

« Reply #61 on: 13 Jan 10 / 09:24 AM »
I want to know when crazy dyes were invented, and first marketed. Been searching for this information for years.  'Mid-seventies' is the only answer I get, but I want clarification, damnit!

As far as I know it was Tish and Snooky who started making crazy coloured dyes.
So I'm guessing that must have been when they founded Manic Panic back in 1977.

I don't know if they actually invented the dyes or what.
But I think they were the first people to sell them.

• My art
« Reply #62 on: 13 Jan 10 / 09:51 AM »
22 years. 

*counts through musical movements*

WOW!
You've been doing your hair since Acid House?? (Yus I totally have! it was as big an influence on me as the goth I was already listening to)

I read somewhere that dying your hair funky colours didn't become popular until the 90s when a bunch of affordable dyes hit the market. So... was that article totally wrong?
Or was it an extreme sub-culture, , "no one is really doing this", thing before then?

Then again, didn't punks dye their hair...

Umm...

Colour me confused.

Rebellious rock 'n roll kids have always dyed their hair but the most extreme colours were black, peroxide blonde and red.

The first musical movement to extensively use really bright, primary coloured, mad colours on their hair was the later end of the punk movement. To start with, they mainly dyed their hair black or peroxide blonde but at the 80s started, green became very popular.  I remember watching the only punks in my village with awe. The goths then took it up so you'd have black, white, pink, red, or purple goths.  I was a goth myself and started with red; then black; then a mixture of black, red and white; then pink; then blonde; then brown (the boring period when I tried to be normal); then purple etc...

Acid house mainly had natural or blonde colours but in the 90s the dyes did get much more available (you really had to struggle to find good colours before that) so metallers, ravers, goths, all got in on it. The Gatecrasher kids were particularly known for their candy coloured style and cyber goth/ industrial fans were heavily influenced by them.

What I like is that mums and dads, teenagers, office workers and civil servants are all now increasingly wearing shocking colours and are being allowed to continue by their bosses/teachers. It's a great inexpensive way to express yourself and it really doesn't harm anyone or bring the downfall of society. It also doesn't mean you are unprofessional.  I think people are beginning to accept difference a lot more than they did.

I doubt I'll ever stop dying my hair. My hair seems to take dyes well and is quite tough. As long as that continues I shall too. And if that fails I shall start buying wigs and dying them!
Hey up!

Vibration

« Reply #63 on: 13 Jan 10 / 10:22 AM »
*SNIP Amazing things!*

WOW!
That was a great reply Staticgirl!
I decided that it was so intense I needed to create a new thread just to tap into it's full potential!

http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=157.0

redhead-xo

« Reply #64 on: 17 Jan 10 / 12:10 PM »
Hi Im Naomi and im learning photography and fancied a change from my dull shop bought red! Looking forward too applying the poppy red!!

KnottyK

« Reply #65 on: 17 Jan 10 / 10:37 PM »
Hi, I'm Kayleigh. I'm from Mansfield originally but have been living it up for the past few years in lovely Cornwall. I have been dying my hair for about 5 years. Had several colours (some major bad hair days) had dreads for a while but had to get rid due to lack of work in local area. Hoping to get them back at the end of 2010 though  ;D. Much Luff xx

• My art
« Reply #66 on: 18 Jan 10 / 01:02 PM »
Hi Kayleigh! *waves*

I love the pretty dreads in your photo. :)
Hey up!

• Beeunique
« Reply #67 on: 22 Jan 10 / 02:18 PM »
Hi to all the new people joining :)
I hope you enjoy the forum, we are still adding new features and helpful links etc but if you have any suggestions for improvements or things you want to see on Beeunique, Hair Dye Gallery or Hair Dye Forum please send us a pm :D
- Any information or advice given is my opinion only and not professional advice.

« Reply #68 on: 24 Jan 10 / 09:27 PM »
hi all!!

i'm Jade, new to the brights dying, usually stick to normal everyday dying if doing a home job, like live xxl blue/black, ultra violet,etc...currently have a boring brown with some lighter bits underneath, but have ordered vampire red and a bleach kit in last few minutes, hopefully by tuesday evening i will be a little more 'me' and bu friday i might have a decent cut to go with it...hairdressers keep making my hair look the same no matter what i ask for, so time to take matters into my own hands...wish me luck, photos to follow...maybe :P

• My art
« Reply #69 on: 25 Jan 10 / 04:46 PM »
I very much know that feeling!

Hello Jade! Have a jaffa cake and settle yourself in front of the fire. :)

Live XXL are pretty good as normal colours go, I did have a period of dying my hair their cyberpurple colour, possibly because of the name. It was very nice and flattering, my mum loved it. :D
Hey up!

• Beeunique
« Reply #70 on: 26 Jan 10 / 03:01 PM »
Jade - I have removed your last message from this thread as it was regarding a delivery and not relevant to this topic, however I have sent you a pm regarding your order.

« Reply #71 on: 26 Jan 10 / 03:13 PM »
Thanks Nikki,

just pm'd you :)

Miss_Jinks

« Reply #72 on: 06 Feb 10 / 02:25 PM »
I've not been on for a while, stupid work getting in the way ha ha ha. Big hi to everyone new since I was last here.  Special wave for Nickki :)

SavviVague

« Reply #73 on: 07 Feb 10 / 09:10 PM »
I'm new here and needing answers. I'm Savvi. :)

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #74 on: 08 Feb 10 / 12:53 PM »
I love being brightly coloured, recently ordered new dye and was bored, so here I am!
-= The Girl Anachronism =-

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories