Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Water marbling nails ?  (Read 2428 times)  Share 

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Adore Purple Rage
Water marbling nails ?
« on: 19 Oct 11 / 10:24 PM »
Have any of you tried the water marbling technique on your nails,theres loads of vids on youTube,heres one

Ive tried it loads of times but can`t do it the nail polish either balls up and sinks or doesnt spread over the water,anyone managed it successfully have any tips ?
My hovercraft is full of eels !

• Senior Hair Addict
Re: Water marbling nails ?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 11 / 10:26 PM »
yeah i tryed. but got the same... a soppy wet mess now bulls eye!
Midight - 9 mile walk - Friday 29th June 2012
 *Link Removed*

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 11 / 10:33 PM »
hehe I made right mess too,gave up eventually they make it look so easy in the vids too

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 11 / 10:38 PM »
i think its the polish. lol i tryed looking for the ones in the video! no luck tho :(
Midight - 9 mile walk - Friday 29th June 2012
 *Link Removed*

« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 11 / 07:36 PM »
I used to have that problem; the nail polish would always sink to the bottom and look like a tiny marble.
What I do to spread the polish over the surface is to take the brush and "dip" it so that it just touches the water surface.

• Dye-Hard
  • I'm Your Hairy Godmother!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 11 / 08:22 PM »
Ivedone it. The results were messy, though.
I had the same problems, but I did a few things to help.
I put on a white base, and rather than dripping the polish in, I spread it with the brush, making the patterns I wanted by using a healthy amount on the brush. Id drag a toothpick through -as- I put the polish in rather than after, to avoid picking all the polish off the surface, to make more fancy patterns.

But i agree. Its very difficult. To get a more vivid colour rather than the pastel shade, id just trace over the pastel blotches with the varnish again after it dried. :)
People will stare. Make it worth their while.

• Alternative fashionista!
    • Little Wicked's Emporium
  • Current Colour: Mixture of Adore blue/black & Pravana blue over a permanent black
« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 11 / 09:11 PM »
I tried this, and it made a huge mess, going all over my fingers, and looked really crap, like I'd just smudged a load of nail varnish onto my nails.  I did think maybe I'd have more success with one of the thinner nail varnishes, like maybe Barry M.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

Carmella82

« Reply #7 on: 09 Dec 11 / 10:05 AM »
Water marbling is a type of nail art that looks like multi-tonal swirls. Water marbling as a nail art is actually a variation of the Ebru, the Turkish art of creating designs with dye on the water, and then placing paper on the water's surface to soak up the dye. Water marbling takes practice, but it is worth trying. In some cases, vertical swirls can even make nails look longer. Just remember that using a lighter color for a base coat allows the contrasting swirl of colors to "pop." For a subtle look, use buff polish and a pink or copper shimmering nail polish. Consider a dramatic mix of red and gold or blue and silver.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 12 / 05:39 PM »
I tried this and it came out great, the water needs to be room temperature or a little  warmer, it does make a difference and as long as you don't use cheapy children polish any should work but it does use quite a bit of polish I found as you have to keep dripping until it reaches all sides of the cup so I found it best to have a narrow cup which didn't use as much, also for the fingers getting messy I used sticky tape and waited for it to totally dry before removing the tape. Also dip your nail quite fast then quickly remove the excess polish from the water. Try to not keep your nail in for too long over wise it goes all bubbly and horrid.

Hope this helps!

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Girl of the Sun
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 12 / 05:16 PM »
I have tried it, the results are nice, i will search to see if i have a photo, usually if i do some design i take a photo. If i find it i will post it :)
Ok i found it, its kinda crap quality cause i took it with my laptop's camera so sorry about that. :/
If you're not looking where you wanna go, you will go where you are looking...

« Reply #10 on: 06 Jan 12 / 07:36 PM »
Wow

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 12 / 10:53 PM »
wow !! looks fab :)

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations