Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique InstagramBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Will purple fade in the same way as a purple-based toner?  (Read 394 times)  Share 

• Current Colour: Light brown
Hi guys,

I have blonde ombre right now, and I was thinking about adding purple over the blonde areas. I already use Superdrug permanent dye (the Pick & Mix Colour) in 'Silver' to tone the yellow out of my blonde (so it's just a purple toner). However, last time I dyed my ombre I dyed it hot pink and it stained my hair incredibly orange and took a lot of time & money to remove. I don't really want to do that again, so is there any chance some purple dyes will fade to silver as they wash out, or will I just end up with murky blue or something?

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Purple
Re: Will purple fade in the same way as a purple-based toner?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 17 / 07:09 PM »
Last time I had purple hair bits of it faded to a sort of lilacy-grey colour ... so it might be possible.   It depends on the colour and porosity of your hair and which dye(s) you use.

I've never heard of orange staining from a pink dye unless your hair was only lightened to orange in the first place.

Re: Will purple fade in the same way as a purple-based toner?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 17 / 11:53 AM »
It depends on the dye as some are pink based so will fade pink so be careful choosing.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum Privacy & Cookies Policy can be seen here
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2018

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories