Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: How To Fade Hair Colour  (Read 101288 times)  Share 

• Costume grad who likes shiny things!
    • Vaudeville
  • Current Colour: Trying to fade Directions Turquoise!
Re: How To Fade Hair Colour
« Reply #50 on: 20 Dec 11 / 05:00 PM »
try colour b4? It will probably take it to a ginger colour. But from there you will have to use some sort of bleach, try a really weak bleach bath (20vol) for a few weeks as you need a pretty light base for teal. You might only need to take it a few steps above ginger though for it.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

lithonate

« Reply #51 on: 20 Dec 11 / 06:50 PM »
Thank you!

I've heard amazing things about b4 and thought I would definitely try that or the L'oreal color zap before I tried a bleach bath. I've given in to the face that I'm never going to have gorgeous lagoon-colored hair without some kind of bleach, but I'm going to try a k-pak afterward.

Any ideas on the best teal-ish dye to use? Best coverage, saturation and staying power?

• Dye-Hard
    • Tumblr
  • Current Colour: Bleach blonde
« Reply #52 on: 20 Dec 11 / 11:16 PM »
If you want a true teal you're gunna have to mix dyes I reckon as most turquoise dyes are really blue on their own.
I got a really good teal colour by mixing Directions Turquoise and Directions Alpine Green with a 2:1 ratio respectively :)
I'm an animal just like you..

lithonate

« Reply #53 on: 21 Dec 11 / 06:54 PM »
Thanks!

I was almost positive that mixing would be the only way to get the color I want, but I had no idea which colors or the ratios.

I've heard wonderful things about Directions' staying-power, too.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #54 on: 28 Dec 11 / 11:01 AM »
I'm currently trying to wash out my Cerise which I've been using for the last 6 months. I haven't topped up my colour this month. I washed it 4 times last night using Head&Shoulders and Fairy liquid untill no more colour would run, but its barely made a dent!

I was hoping to fade it to a pastel colour, but doesn't look like that is going to happen. I read someone here left a Head&Shoulders + washing up liquid mix on for 15 minutes before washing, and that made a large difference. Do you think it's worth trying that? My colour is no longer running and it's still bright pink, so I'm not sure how much difference that would make.

I've got a wedding to go to this weekend, and a haircut tomorrow. So it's either today or I leave the fading until after the wedding. Am I being optimistic in hoping it'll fade out in a day?

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #55 on: 28 Dec 11 / 04:34 PM »
Currently been mixing lemon fairy liquid and head and shoulders anti-dandruff in a bowl, applying to dry hair, leaving in for 5-10 minutes whilst ging a loving head massage, then rinsing and conditioning the hell outta it. Not doing it every wash. Rinsing with really, really hot water.

Only done it twice so far, but results are absolutely amazing. Genuinely can't wait to do it again.
Suuuper noticable change for me. :D It's already seeming to edge on pastel somewhat. ( Well, not really, but compared to the starter colour it might as well be. )

Edit: I took some pictures of my progress!

Compared with my almost platinum blonde streak. [Looks more yellow-ish and bright because of artificial lighting. :< ]

All over hair colour. Pretty even fade, to be honest. I'm real happy with it.

Just given this method a try. Did it twice today (wasn't good for my hair though, had to condition it like mad). Its faded very unevenly for me :( And it's hardly made a dent. This pink is so persistent!!! I've got patches of pastel pink, my ends which were already fading have faded even more but for the most part, the rest of my head is still bright pink :(

I was hoping to fade it to a pastel pink so a bleach bath might've been enough. Guess I'll just do a normal 30vol one. My hairs in good enough condition for it. Previous bleaches on my roots have removed the surrounding pink completely before so it should work fine.

EDIT: On second thoughts, I think I'll just stick to pink for a while and slowly fade it during January. Means I'll have to redye it today so the fade isn't so noticable. Bah! I'm bored of showering.

• Vaudeville
« Reply #56 on: 28 Dec 11 / 05:17 PM »
I did a jobaz colour remover on cerise and it did lift it a bit. The bleach bath should take a lot of it out though!
http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=3437.0
thats it after the bleach bath, it was a lot lighter in real life. So if yours is quite light it should lighten up a lot!

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #57 on: 28 Dec 11 / 08:54 PM »
Ooh thanks for that meeshy! Didn't realise a bleach bath would be that effective.

After my hair had dried, it was a lot lighter than I thought, a bleach bath would probably have been enough. But because it's far too close to the wedding day (and haircut tomorrow), and I only have tonight to sort my hair out, I thought I might as well just wait. So I've undone all of todays and yesterdays work by applying more dye over it ::)

I'm going to start slowly fading it after this weekend. Hopefully it'll fade more evenly that way. In a month or two I'll give it a bleach when it's light enough.

• Vaudeville
« Reply #58 on: 28 Dec 11 / 10:16 PM »
yeah its a good idea to take these things slowly! when you do go for a bleach bath try and put some coconut oil on your hair as it conditions your hair and speeds up the bleach process! you leave it on while you bleach you see. I won't do a bleach bath without it now! :)

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #59 on: 28 Dec 11 / 10:28 PM »
I used coconut oil when I last did my roots. That stuff is amazing! Barely had any damage from 30vol. Will never do a bleach without that stuff again.

• Senior Hair Addict
    • Daftscawl
« Reply #60 on: 02 Jan 12 / 04:08 PM »
One of my friends seems to believe I'm severely damaging my hair (even though I've explained repeatedly that veggie dye doesn't damage it and I don't go made on the bleach.) she gave me some avon heat treatment for christmas thinking of trying it to see if it might fade since it's designed for coloured hair which I'm guessing means permanent. I want the orange to fade as much as possible before I go blue.

Also going to clarify and coconut oil, when I last did my roots with xxl it took a lot of the dye off bits it touched that had dye on so I'm hopeful.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #61 on: 05 Feb 12 / 09:51 PM »
I'm currently slowly fading my Cerise at the moment using Head & Shoulders. It wasn't removing a huge amount of it though so I went I brought some 'Lush: I Love Juicy' shampoo. Tried it today and it is absolutely impressive!! It removed more in a few minutes than my Head & Shoulders + Fairy Liquid mix did when I left that on for half an hour!

I definitely recommend this stuff! It's a bit pricey, but it's so much better than anything else I've tried so far. I didn't find it anywhere near as drying as Head & Shoulders either which is a huge plus. Smells lovely too.

RisaIsaFox

« Reply #62 on: 01 Mar 12 / 03:54 AM »
Well I didnt know that about olive oil or oils in general o .o Because ive been planning on doing a hot oil treatment and it didnt really occur to me before XD Ill make sure to do it before I dye my hair next :)
I used egg on my hair on accident when I had my bangs dark purple and it faded it to a royal blue shade, but if you try this you cannot use hot/warm water to wash it out or else it will cook it in and then it will be SUPER annoying to get out :o But it would probably take multiple eggwashes to fade it good...but then again I think I had redyed my hair only a few days before I did this on accident XD Egg is good for your hair because of the protein in it too :)

• Full Hair Addict
« Reply #63 on: 13 Mar 12 / 01:28 PM »
I went to my local lush store just for taking a look at "I love juicy" which is nown to be very fading.
A girl from the store told me that this works but also said that theres one lush product which is even better for fading.
She showed me "BIG"- a volume shampoo- with salt and also lots of fruit acids in. Shouldd open your hair up and lift colour - sounds logical to me!
Since my purple is still bright and even and my next bleach bath still has to wait a while, they gave me a sampler (because they only sell it in big 16,95-bottles)and i will try this in 3 weeks and than bleach bath. I'll post the results :)

• Vaudeville
« Reply #64 on: 13 Mar 12 / 07:04 PM »
omggg ive heard about that stuff it makes your hair MASSIVE!!!

• Full Hair Addict
« Reply #65 on: 15 Mar 12 / 06:27 AM »
If it also takes a lot of colour out...than i'm cool with that :D

« Reply #66 on: 23 Apr 12 / 05:59 PM »
I wish I didn't know this but.....

Hedrin (the nit treatment) fades colour amazingly. My hair had been dyed with directions cerise only a week before, then one of my darling children brought some some visitors. When I rinsed it out in the morning almost ALL of my colour was gone, just a few pink patches but mostly yellowy orange.

• Vaudeville
« Reply #67 on: 23 Apr 12 / 06:32 PM »
Oh em gee what a good find! Sort of lol. I suppose it would strip everything out, cool!

« Reply #68 on: 24 Apr 12 / 03:19 AM »
This is very strange... I figured that the lice treatment would be harsh chemicals that we would never want to use for fading....but looked at the sheet online with ingredients... It's all silicones that are used in a lot hair products.
I can't add the link but you can google hedrin ingredients :)
~Heather B~

« Reply #69 on: 06 May 12 / 12:29 AM »
Can someone explain the whole coconut oil thing to me does it go in the bleach bath or go on after and where would i get it from if it a kitcheny product or a beauty or health shop product and the same with coco milk heard people talk about that and i'm as blank as wayne rooneys IQ lol
i see colours everywhere!

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #70 on: 06 May 12 / 05:21 PM »
Coconut oil and coconut milk are cheapest in the Asian section of a large supermarket. I suspect the reason coconut milk works is largely the same reason coconut oil works.
http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=3806.0
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/mineral-oil-versus-coconut-oil-which-is-better
Sulphate-free 2b Curly Girl working towards Directions rose red! Armpit length heading for waist.

« Reply #71 on: 06 May 12 / 07:40 PM »
As usually you guys are a great help, so much knowledge now i know to run like the wind from anti dandruff and i'll be smelling of coconut xx
i see colours everywhere!

« Reply #72 on: 07 May 12 / 08:19 AM »

hi
want to fade my vampire red as much as possable and as quickly as i can.
have used vosene and small amount of washing up in the past and it worked really well but left me with horrible hair, which has taken awhile to get back to a good condition,so i don't went to go down that road again if i can help it.
i was thinking of trying the b4u or the lush shampoo. which would be best or any other suggestions would be welcome.
have the k-pak on standby this time.   

• Vaudeville
« Reply #73 on: 07 May 12 / 07:57 PM »
Try them both! I used the lush and it was awesome. Id say try that first as its made of all natural products which will be better for your hair. What I did was wet hair, shampoo on, put on a shower cap then a towel over the top, then leave for 45 or so mins. Wash out with a clarifying shampoo, and condition like mad!!

« Reply #74 on: 08 May 12 / 01:43 PM »

Thanks Meeshybop for the advice.
went out today and bought a small bottle of the i love juicy and the b4u(just in case).
will probably give the juicy a go before the weekend as a normal shampoo to try and knock out some of the colour and will do the full 45 Min's at the weekend,when I'm hoping my order from the lovely Nickki would have arrived.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories