Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: How To Fade Hair Colour  (Read 103076 times)  Share 

• Current Colour: Faded Capri blue
Re: How To Fade Hair Colour
« Reply #175 on: 25 Jun 14 / 11:49 PM »
Ok, so I've now done the baking soda + anti dandruff shampoo thing twice! yes, it has faded the colour somewhat, it's now a combination of blonde, mint green(which is actually quite nice) and a darker blue. Any tips on how many times a girl has to do this treatment for full pastel fade? I want my silvery/ purple back! Plus my hair is now dry as a bone, have coconut oil in as I type.

• Junior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Naturally darkish brown
« Reply #176 on: 17 Jan 15 / 02:08 PM »
Hope it's ok posting this in here.

What is best at fading blue/green.  I dyed my hair alpine green and rose red before Christmas, the red was all but gone within like a week it feels but the alpine is the bane of my life and will not go away.

• Full Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Purple dip-dye
« Reply #177 on: 29 Jan 15 / 06:02 PM »
I guess there isn't a specific method that will fade blue or green more than others. You just have to try them out...

Last year my hair was stained green and what helped fading the colour was camomile shampoo (no specific brand, all brands would work - especially the ones that had camomile and lemon too) and sea water.

• Current Colour: Hmmmm....
« Reply #178 on: 02 Nov 15 / 12:40 AM »
Hi all,

Long time lurker here.  First I want to thank each and every one of you beautiful ladies for sharing your knowledge and experience on this forum.  It's because of all of you that I had the courage to do my OWN hair, and it's also because of all your collective knowledge that I have healthy hair today.  :D

After years of short hair, I decided to grow mine out long (mostly because I'm lazy). As you know, longer hair means being a lot more careful with the condition of it when changing color.  I just tried this method and took before/after pics & wanted to share because I was really impressed at what it did to take the pink out.

I started out with a bunch of bright colors, then I spent two weeks on the playa for Burning Man.  The alkaline dust there gets into everything and really trashed the condition of my hair (see photo 2), I thought I was going to have to cut it all off.  The dust and sun faded it all out to pink and minty green. I tried the recommendations elsewhere on the forum for hair TLC, and managed to get it back to feeling like real hair again.  But after 2 months, I now needed to remove the remaining color, gently. I used fade techniques I usually use, which normally includes a gentle bleach bath. Because my hair had been so trashed, I tried this technique instead (*edit - see link below) and was really impressed with how much of the famously stubborn atomic pink it pulled out (the electric lizard seems more difficult to fade, but I am going back to emerald/turquoise so I'm not so worried about it). 

I did a coconut/olive oil treatment, left it in overnight, and then applied the bleach/shampoo/oil mixture, avoiding the roots and areas that got the most damage.  I worked it in as recommended, slapped the cling film on and used a hot towel left it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing.  My hair feel dry after, so I put on some mane & tail conditioner and left it in for about an hour before rinsing, then worked in a little pure argan oil.  At the end of it, my hair doesn't feel any worse than when I started.  I thought I was either stuck with pink, or would certainly risk serious damage. I think after another go, I will be back to my base, meaning I won't have to bleach bath the lengths!  Yay! 

Thank You Lovely Ladies of the Bee Unique Hair Dye Forum!  My gratitude and appreciation for all your advice on this and other threads cannot be overstated. 

(Oops! I meant to post to this thread: http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=13842.0,)
Remember - those that don't fit in stand out!

« Reply #179 on: 05 Mar 16 / 04:20 PM »
Hi all,

Long time lurker here.  First I want to thank each and every one of you beautiful ladies for sharing your knowledge and experience on this forum.  It's because of all of you that I had the courage to do my OWN hair, and it's also because of all your collective knowledge that I have healthy hair today.  :D

After years of short hair, I decided to grow mine out long (mostly because I'm lazy). As you know, longer hair means being a lot more careful with the condition of it when changing color.  I just tried this method and took before/after pics & wanted to share because I was really impressed at what it did to take the pink out.

I started out with a bunch of bright colors, then I spent two weeks on the playa for Burning Man.  The alkaline dust there gets into everything and really trashed the condition of my hair (see photo 2), I thought I was going to have to cut it all off.  The dust and sun faded it all out to pink and minty green. I tried the recommendations elsewhere on the forum for hair TLC, and managed to get it back to feeling like real hair again.  But after 2 months, I now needed to remove the remaining color, gently. I used fade techniques I usually use, which normally includes a gentle bleach bath. Because my hair had been so trashed, I tried this technique instead (*edit - see link below) and was really impressed with how much of the famously stubborn atomic pink it pulled out (the electric lizard seems more difficult to fade, but I am going back to emerald/turquoise so I'm not so worried about it). 

I did a coconut/olive oil treatment, left it in overnight, and then applied the bleach/shampoo/oil mixture, avoiding the roots and areas that got the most damage.  I worked it in as recommended, slapped the cling film on and used a hot towel left it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing.  My hair feel dry after, so I put on some mane & tail conditioner and left it in for about an hour before rinsing, then worked in a little pure argan oil.  At the end of it, my hair doesn't feel any worse than when I started.  I thought I was either stuck with pink, or would certainly risk serious damage. I think after another go, I will be back to my base, meaning I won't have to bleach bath the lengths!  Yay! 

Thank You Lovely Ladies of the Bee Unique Hair Dye Forum!  My gratitude and appreciation for all your advice on this and other threads cannot be overstated. 

(Oops! I meant to post to this thread: http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=13842.0,)

Hey, I hope you're still here)))
I see that the discussion isn't quite new, but I want to do something like this and I need your advice! Do you have a video tutorial?
I have two friends who used to work as hairdressers, but they both say that they're not sure...
But I want

• Junior Hair Addict
    • Facebook
« Reply #180 on: 22 Nov 16 / 03:56 PM »
*blows cobwebs off account*

Hi everyone! So I dyed my hair red for halloween (CC Fire diluted 1:1) and have been left with a pale pinky red on the lightened lengths.

It had been fading really well until this point, but recently I've been getting no colour rinsing out even using clarifying shampoo. Last night I got impatient and whacked Adore honey brown over it, which has toned it down but still has that pink undertone.

I am considering redying the top half of my hair to my natural colour (dark blonde/light brown) and re-lightening the bottom section for fun colours, so would ideally like to avoid going down the bleach bath route and double processing the top.

D'you think the blonde/brown dye would get rid of the remaining pink or should I keep on clarifying or maybe even something a bit stronger? I've heard over on LHC about oil soaks drawing colour out, anyone here had success with this? It would kill 2 birds with 1 stone if it did because my hair's getting so dry with all the clarifying.

Cheers in advance.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #181 on: 23 Nov 16 / 03:02 PM »
"D'you think the blonde/brown dye would get rid of the remaining pink"

No.

"or should I keep on clarifying or maybe even something a bit stronger?"

If you are actually happy keeping the colour you have but less pink, use a little green in conditioner to tone the pink.
If you really want to remove it, keep in mind it might have stained and be extremely hard to remove. Try a colour remover and/or the bleach powder/oils/shampoo method (which you can find in the tutorial section).

"I've heard over on LHC about oil soaks drawing colour out, anyone here had success with this?"

Yeah, I've seen this. It's never done much for me, worth a try though.

New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Junior Hair Addict
    • Facebook
« Reply #182 on: 23 Nov 16 / 03:23 PM »
I'm gonna try a warm oil soak tonight then really scrub with clarifying shampoo and maybe bicarb. I've used this colour undiluted before (on a slightly darker base) without staining issues. Then again it has only been a few weeks, I may just be super impatient!

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #183 on: 23 Nov 16 / 04:12 PM »
Sadly, just because it didn't stain once, doesn't mean it won't another time!
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Pink roots to lilac/purple fade
« Reply #184 on: 24 Nov 16 / 01:50 PM »
Sadly, just because it didn't stain once, doesn't mean it won't another time!
Agree with this plus the lighter the hair the more likely it is to stain

• Junior Hair Addict
    • Facebook
« Reply #185 on: 25 Nov 16 / 10:57 AM »
Yeah the oil didn't do much, at least not to the red/pink. Well what I'll do now is collect my sheds for the next few days and experiment with other methods, if it comes to a bleach bath then so be it, nothing I haven't done before!

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories