Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: First tattoo tomorrow  (Read 603 times)  Share 

• Current Colour: Directions Turquoise&lagoon blue
First tattoo tomorrow
« on: 08 Jan 17 / 03:22 PM »
I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow (totoro on my calf )and I'm excited but pooping myself , is a calf a painful first place ? Also on all sorts, for epilepsy , depression ..artist knows I have it so knows what to do coz she tattooed peeps before with epilepsy, any ways just wondering is calf a good place for first tattoo? Sorry about the rambling *blush*

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Natural brown
Re: First tattoo tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 17 / 08:08 PM »
The best place for a tattoo is where you want it  :) 

It's impossible to answer questions about pain, it's so subjective.  Expect it to hurt a little though.  Try to relax, try to keep still.  Have something to eat & drink before you go in, and maybe take something with you as well in case you need it.
Chat to your artist if you feel like it.  If you feel the need to move, if you're not comfy or have an itch or a cramp in your foot or something, tell them.

Enjoy!!

• Current Colour: Adore Mahogany over box brown, with oilslick peekaboo!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 17 / 09:53 PM »
I've not had any on my calves so not sure, but one of my friends has 2 huge calf tattoos and she went back for the second one so it can't be all bad!

I agree with Kitebunny, make sure you are well fed and hydrated before you go and I usually have a bottle of sugary pop with me to sip on in case of feeling funny (can be good to keep a bar of choccie on hand too).

Again as Kitebunny said you should expect some pain, but I find it different to pain when you get an injury because there isn't the shock and worry that goes along with it, just try to keep your breathing regular and relax and after a few minutes your natural endorphins should kick in! I can be prone to fainting and seizures (not epilepsy they don't think, but not sure what) and I have never yet had any funny turns whilst getting inked! (piercings are another story though!).

Congratulations on making the move towards getting your first tattoo, you'll love it! (I got my first one this time 6 years ago and I have 8 now! The only reason I don't have more is that I can't afford them!)
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 17 / 11:58 PM »
Sorry im not sure if pic will work ,but if it does sorry about it being upside-down, but I did it :),i love it just love it :) can't stop beaming lol , I thought the outline hurt more then the shading . Anyway I'm so happy with it :)

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 17 / 12:04 AM »
Totoro

• Current Colour: Adore Mahogany over box brown, with oilslick peekaboo!
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 17 / 01:35 PM »
The picture doesn't seem to be showing up, but well done for getting through it and glad it wasn't too bad for you and you're happy with the result!
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories