Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Contour for pale girls  (Read 532 times)  Share 

• Dye-Hard
Contour for pale girls
« on: 04 Jul 16 / 04:46 PM »
I can't find one anywhere! I've tried Sleeks contour kits in light and fair, I've also tried their cream contour kit and I've tested a few other ones. Everything just looks super orange and muddy on my face. I'm really pale, I even have to mix my lightest foundation with Manic Panics white foundation to get the right shade for me.

I feel like I need a much cooler toned contour kit but I've never come across one. Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Dye-Hard
    • Tumblr
  • Current Colour: Bleach blonde
Re: Contour for pale girls
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 16 / 05:12 PM »
I've read on multiple subreddits that NYX do a blush in the shade 'taupe' that's really good for contouring on pale skin, they're a brand that's available in larger Boots stores.
I'm an animal just like you..

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: blonde
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 16 / 05:30 PM »
I have used the taupe blush from nyx for my contour and it works really nicely. In the winter time I have very pale skin, im usually W-1 on the Loreal skin foundation scale which I think is called porcelain, and it does create a very nice shadow for contour. Definitely the cooler toned the better, you typically don't want anything that says bronzer on it, they are always going to be muddy and orange. I really like the Anastasia of Beverly hills contour shades, they are very cool toned and perfect for contouring lighter skin tones, but im not sure if that's something that's easy to get where you live. When in doubt look at eyeshadows and foundation colors, you can usually find a neutral or cool toned eye shadow which is a good contour shade, (ive even bought foundation a few shades darker than my skin tone and used that for a contour) sometimes by just looking for "contour" palettes you really limit yourself, I would look through your make-up collection and see if you have a cool toned brown eye shadow and try that for your contour and see how it goes.
life is too short to have boring hair...

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 16 / 08:49 PM »
Thank you! I didn't realise you could get NYX in Boots. I ordered some blush in taupe and it arrived today, I'm gonna try it out probably tomorrow but it definitely looks like it's gonna work for my skin.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jul 16 / 09:18 PM »
I've only seen it in really big branches of boots. Sometimes the same ones that have a benefit counter.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Current Colour: Adore Mahogany over box brown, with oilslick peekaboo!
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 16 / 11:22 AM »
The best makeup product I own is Illamasqua gel sculpt in sillhouette, it's a contour stick and it has no orange tones at all, it's hard to explain what colour it actually is, sort of a cool almost mauvey brown but very sheer - it's genuinely like magic! (you should have seen my boyfriends face the first time he saw me use it to disguise my double chin, he watched me put it on and still couldn't work out what was happening!) It's expensive at 22 but I've had mine well over a year and it's still going strong as you only need a tiny amount.  I still use powder contouring products if I want a draggy contour look but if I just want the benefit of looking contoured without the product showing gel sculpt is incredible!

Edit: swatched it on my palest bit for you!
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

« Reply #6 on: 08 Jun 17 / 08:38 PM »
I use nyx but make up revolution has brought out their own shade and light pallette, basically ripped off kat von d. The shade in thar is ok but use lightly.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories