Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Potentially stupid question...  (Read 1643 times)  Share 

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
Potentially stupid question...
« on: 23 Dec 14 / 08:31 PM »
I was looking around clothes shops today and saw a onesie that I fell head over heels in love with, but couldn't find any on the racks (it was on a display mannequin) and didn't have enough time to ask if they had any more so I could try it on. I couldn't find a price for it either so when I got home I looked for it on their website, only to find that it's actually a men's onesie.

If I were to go back to ask if I could try it on, could they be likely to be weird about it because I'm not a man? Have any of you ladies encountered a problem like this, and if so, did you find the staff were fine with it or a bit weird, like not allowing you to try it on for instance? I'm a bit paranoid that they might laugh at me or think I'm weird :P
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Pink roots to lilac/purple fade
Re: Potentially stupid question...
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 14 / 09:16 PM »
I would go in and ask to try it on. I really don't care what others think about me, especially strangers.

If you love it then go for it. If they laugh or think you are weird then they need to stop being so judgemental and get a life.

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 14 / 10:41 PM »
Just make a joke of it and literally say, 'I know this is weird, but can I try that on?!' With a big grin on your face! At this time of year, working in shops, I can tell you shop workers NEED a laugh so go with it! Deliberately make them laugh and they're laughing with you, not at you :)

Also, I can tell you a lot of women try on men's stuff. I used to work in an Outfit store as the visual merchandiser so spent a lot of time milling around all the different depts. lots of women took the Burtons jumpers and shirts to the changing rooms :)
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*
Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Current Colour: Silverish
« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 14 / 11:23 PM »
I wear mens shoes/boots a lot of the time (if you have reasonably big feet mens shoes are usually cheaper and better made than the women's equivalent) so i am always trying things on in the 'wrong' place. No one has ever commented, tbh the shop assistants just want to make a sale.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

• Current Colour: lavender and sky blue :)
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 14 / 12:43 AM »
I often wear mens clothes as well and shop people never comment.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

• Dye-Hard
    • MagpieGlitter
« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 14 / 12:48 AM »
I was once buying my boyfriend some boxers in topman for xmas, the girl on the counter asked if they were for me as she's sold a fair amount to girls who wear them themselves! I really dont think they will care, especially as its a onesie! I can imagine strange looks if a guy asked to try on a dress or something but onesies are fairly unisex IMO

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Pink roots to lilac/purple fade
Potentially stupid question...
« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 14 / 01:34 PM »
I still buy childrens clothing. I am onlY 5'0 so i can usually wear the largest of the kids sizes and even shoes. I bought lightning mcqueen wellies at Disneyland because they were awesome and 20 cheaper than the adult wellies

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 14 / 04:44 PM »
I think ladies can get away with men's clothing, easily.  I think it's almost 'cool' we can do that.  Of course, men don't really have that luxury!

Puerkz, I wear kid's clothing too!  In fact, for my new job, I need to dress really smart, so my vast array of coloured skinny jeans are not quite professional enough, so I ordered kid's school trousers, of course for ages 14 to 16, but they work brilliantly.

Hair reminds you just how much "patience is a virtue"...

Oh yeah, so these two men walk into a bar: you think one of them would have ducked. ::)

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
« Reply #8 on: 24 Dec 14 / 07:39 PM »
Thanks all :) It turned out that I didn't even need to ask anyone if it was okay, just took one from the rail in the men's section and went in. Also, considering it's a men's onesie, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it fit quite well in the arm and leg (I'm 5'3" and was envisioning having to do some hemming) so even better! I might post a pic of me wearing it at some point :)
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories