Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: New User? Post in here to access the Forum  (Read 74895 times)  Share 

• Current Colour: lilac/silver
Re: New User? Post in here to access the Forum
« Reply #50 on: 20 Dec 14 / 02:46 PM »
Hello :)

I'm Katie and I'm a student from the UK.

I've always dyed my hair and have currently had white blonde hair for around 2 years, I recently dyed it lilac and I am looking for advice for hair colouring and care in general.

• Current Colour: Dark auburn
« Reply #51 on: 23 Dec 14 / 10:24 AM »
Hi, I'm new here and I'm hoping to find great tips on how to color my hair at home. I'm 25 years old, born and bred in South Africa and I'm currently living in Mozambique with my extremely attractive fiancé. I don’t trust hairdressers who can’t communicate with me either in English or Afrikaans because I cannot speak Portuguese and I have reverted to coloring my own hair.

« Reply #52 on: 24 Dec 14 / 04:24 AM »
Hi! My name is Samantha.
New here, and to dying my own hair. Looking for advice on dying my hair red. I just attempted but failed miserably! I went to Sally Beauty Store and got Ion color brilliance permanent medium intense red blonde, used 20 developer and protein color filler..(suggested by the lady) well my hair barley took any of the color, it's a really light hint of  red almost kind of pink. My hair I would say is medium brown. What did I do wrong?? I would like my hair to turn out like the red in this pic..

• Current Colour: Bleached hair, almost white
« Reply #53 on: 27 Dec 14 / 03:59 AM »
Heyhey! My name's Sean. I just joined here today. I have a huge question about dying my hair for the first time so yeah..
I want white hair!

• Current Colour: adore neon pink
« Reply #54 on: 27 Dec 14 / 05:10 AM »
hi! i'm Hannah and I've been looking at the forum here for a while and finally decided to join so I could post a picture :P

« Reply #55 on: 27 Dec 14 / 09:23 PM »
Hi

I'm sure I had an account here when the forum was first added but it has been a while so either I forgot my username or my account was deleted because it was inactive. I'm more of a lurker than a poster really so maybe I just looked.

Anyway, it has been a while since I dyed my hair but while searching my cupboards I found a load of unopened bottles of dye, mostly SFX and Manic Panic, including some colours the latter no longer make. I used to love their "black and blue" with highlights of SFX's "Blue Velvet" and "Electric Blue," and dyed my hair like that for a couple of years as I couldn't get the Blue Velvet out until my shower broke and I discovered soaking my in a hot water, as hot as I could stand, removed it although it took a few attempts and I toned out the green bits with a red, I think I used Superdrug's Rich Red wash in/out dye as it is close to my natural colour. After that I dyed my hair red for a while using reds like Manic Panic's Vampire Red, Divine Wine or SFX Blood Red, Nuclear Red or Devilish. I always wanted to have red with white streaks but never managed to do it. To see if the dye was still okay I bleached the hair off of my hair brush and tested an open bottle of Manic Panic's Vampire Red and an unopened bottle of SFX's Atomic Pink with positive results so I assume the unopened ones are still okay but I'll obviously do a test strand first. The SFX dyes seem to have separated more, with metallic like flecks near visible through the bottle and become more viscous but mixed with a small amount water dyed it fine

Peroxide dyes don't work very well on me or act oddly. For my 17th birthday my aunt, who was then the senior colour technician at the most expensive salon in my home town, gave me a free appointment. I wanted brown hair at the time as I didn't like that my hair was turning red back then. The first attempt did nothing and the second one made it go a mix of ash brown and purple. It wasn't a nice purple either. My aunt used a semi-permanent dye supposed to last a couple of months but after a month and a few bottles of clarifying and dandruff shampoo she wound up having to bleach and tone it to get a half decent result. To cover up the purplish bits that wouldn't come out she put dark blue streaks in. I assume it was a professional salon only one because I have trouble getting rid of all the orange/yellow and light blues turn green or muddy.

My hair is currently my natural colour - brownish red. I plan on adding some sections in red and orange but have very fair skin and don't want to look washed out.

« Reply #56 on: 28 Dec 14 / 11:05 AM »
Hey guys! My name is Sarah I am French, studying English language and literature and currently studying in Finland.
I'm here because I need some advice on hair color gone wrong pretty much. My natural hair color was close to a dark ash blonde and I've been dying it very light blonde for years.
I don't really know what to add so I just hope I'll have a good time here!

• Current Colour: bright red
« Reply #57 on: 28 Dec 14 / 07:33 PM »
Hi - I'm Lindsey and 22 - I came here because I need help with color correction advise. Thanks.

• Current Colour: Dark Brown
« Reply #58 on: 29 Dec 14 / 03:41 AM »
Hello :)

• Current Colour: Blue-black
« Reply #59 on: 30 Dec 14 / 09:52 PM »
Hello, I'm Dawn and I'm a PhD student in the North of England. My hair is currently blue-black, and I'm looking tips on making my hair that little bit more interesting  *1*

• Full Hair Addict
« Reply #60 on: 30 Dec 14 / 11:16 PM »
Hello, I'm Ashley. I really love the forum and have used a lot of the info here to make a big change with my hair over the past few months. Went from natural virgin brown to Manic Panic Purple Haze then bleached to yellow blond, from there went to Manic Panic Rockabilly Blue with Ultra Violet highlights.

• Current Colour: Brown to blonde dip dyed - rose/goldy ends
« Reply #61 on: 31 Dec 14 / 05:09 PM »
Hi :)

I'm 21 from Liverpool, Ive currently started getting into coloured hair (always been blonde or brown to blonde ombré) I'm here for help and tips :)

• Current Colour: green
« Reply #62 on: 01 Jan 15 / 08:47 PM »
Hello. Im a 28 year old girl from sweden.
Ive had green hair now for some years, once it was turquise but i have never dared to try any other crazy color yet.
Im hehe for ideas and inspiration.

• Current Colour: Brown
« Reply #63 on: 02 Jan 15 / 08:33 PM »
Oops, I guess I missed this. Anyway, I'm new but have been lurking around for a few years. Special Effects was my go to brand for a very long time, unfortunately the store I bought from has stopped stocking it, so I've moved somewhat to ordering online or resorting to Manic Panic. I live in California, and I'm excited to join the hair dye community.

• Current Colour: Ginger af and patchy - bleaching out in stages.
« Reply #64 on: 03 Jan 15 / 10:46 AM »
Wow, lots of anti-spam measures here! Anyway, hi! Decided to join because I constantly end up here after google searches anyway looking for info on things before doing stuff with my hair and thought it'd be nice to be able to ask for opinions on certain things! Have had quite a few unnatural colors in my hair over the last years, however I am still definitely learning! Mostly looking for info on color removing / removers at the moment, should I post here or wait until I have access and make a new post? (Couldn't find exactly what I was looking for by searching.)

• Current Colour: Natural-dark brown
« Reply #65 on: 03 Jan 15 / 01:54 PM »
Hi, I'm james  *waves* , 15 and in the uk. I'm looking for advice for dying my hair for the first time, I want to go kinda silver-lilac or just purple.

• Current Colour: pinky peach
« Reply #66 on: 03 Jan 15 / 05:59 PM »
Hi, My names Lisa i'm from weymouth. Trying to get my hair back to blonde from red so i'm hoping to pick up a few tips.  :D

• Current Colour: Orangey blond
« Reply #67 on: 04 Jan 15 / 04:00 AM »
Hi, I am a girl who likes dying hair :)

• Current Colour: blonde
« Reply #68 on: 04 Jan 15 / 11:55 PM »
Hi, I'm currently a student who's fed up of breaking the bank trying to keep this white-blonde hair I've had for about a year now. I'm here to get advice on how to successfully dye my hair a darker, natural colour and whether the colour I have in mind will even suit me :D

• Current Colour: Pink, blue, green
« Reply #69 on: 05 Jan 15 / 09:19 PM »
Hi, i'm Valentina, i just joined :)
My hair right now is pink, blue and kinda green.  *waves*

• May The Force Be With You
  • Current Colour: Dark Brown
« Reply #70 on: 05 Jan 15 / 10:30 PM »
Hello my name is Mindy, I am a 34 year old mom of 3... My daughter (16) and I are into doing our own hair!!! *cheers*

« Reply #71 on: 06 Jan 15 / 11:22 PM »
Hi there! I am a new user looking for advice on my hair endeavors as well as take a look at what some other people are doing with their hair.  :D Thanks!

• Current Colour: brassy blonde ew
« Reply #72 on: 07 Jan 15 / 10:59 PM »
Hello! I'm new and....needing your advice! Can't wait to see what help I get. Thanks!

« Reply #73 on: 08 Jan 15 / 05:59 PM »
Hi I'm new here. Looking for advice on how to recover from a bleaching dying disaster... :)

• Current Colour: Pink
« Reply #74 on: 09 Jan 15 / 09:34 AM »
Hi guys! im Chantelle.

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories