Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Wedding outfit woes  (Read 1577 times)  Share 

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
Wedding outfit woes
« on: 29 Aug 14 / 02:19 PM »
I'm fretting about a wedding I have to attend tomorrow, as regards what to wear. Due to recent massive weight gain and being horribly out of proportion, absolutely none of my formal dresses fit me. I have only two options available, as I can't afford to buy anything new.

First is a white maxi dress with a little fancy detailing, but I'm worried it's too casual as it's more of an "every day" dress, only slightly fancier. Second is black trousers and black blazer with a nice black top underneath (got nothing appropriate in any other colour), but I'm worried that this is too severe as weddings are supposed to be bright/colourful/happy, and this is also more or less the same outfit I wore for a funeral last year. Can any of you lovely ladies advise me on which would be a better choice?
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

• Current Colour: lavender and sky blue :)
Re: Wedding outfit woes
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 14 / 02:29 PM »
I think the blazer could be a better option, as some brides are weird about other people wearing white. But if she wouldn't mind then that doesn't matter.
You could buy a really cheap colourful top from primark or something to go under the blazer? You wouldn't notice if the top was cheap if it was under something nice.
Also I wore black to a wedding a couple of months ago, and it was fine. I think that looking like you've made an effort is the important thing if that makes sense? Sorry for the long ramble lol.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Current Colour: Silverish
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 14 / 02:36 PM »
I agree that a long white dress is a no-no for a wedding, unless you can team it with a cardi/shawl/accessories of a different colour.
I have also worn black to a wedding, so the suit would work if you add a buttonhole flower and a flower in your hair for example.
So the secret to making either outfit work will be the accessories.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Pink roots to lilac/purple fade
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 14 / 03:23 PM »
I agree with the suit. Definitely not white, in my country it is disrespectful to wear white to a wedding. Even if its matched with other colors, it can not be the majority color.

Black is fine, like Marthakins and wicked pixie suggested, match it with a colorful top and good accessories.

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Adore Raging Red, Adore Cajun Spice (2:1) and loads of conditioner
« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 14 / 03:33 PM »
My bridesmaid's dress was black when I was a bridesmaid for my aunt in May, and it was beautiful. I don't think there's anything wrong with black?

If I was the one getting married, I'd want everyone to feel comfortable and let them wear what they want. If the black formal suit feels good to you, just do it. You'll still look all nice and festive for the occasion, so I think you'll be fine. :)

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Natural brown
« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 14 / 03:38 PM »
I think the blazer could be a better option, as some brides are weird about other people wearing white. But if she wouldn't mind then that doesn't matter.
You could buy a really cheap colourful top from primark or something to go under the blazer? You wouldn't notice if the top was cheap if it was under something nice.
Also I wore black to a wedding a couple of months ago, and it was fine. I think that looking like you've made an effort is the important thing if that makes sense? Sorry for the long ramble lol.

This.
I also had to wear black to a wedding recently (well mostly black with white accents and hair-flower).  I was not the only one there in black which made me feel a bit better about it.
Remember most of the attention is on the bride & groom, and they just want you to be there and be happy with them, chances are no-one will bat an eyelid whatever you wear  :)

So yeah, go with the black outfit but brighten it up a bit with accessories if you can.

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 14 / 05:36 PM »
Thanks everyone :)

I think that's settled then, the blazer and trousers, and I will see if I can find a coloured top in my wardrobe that will work. Thanks again :)
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories