Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Chin hair  (Read 2947 times)  Share 

• Junior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Black and Green
Chin hair
« on: 19 Jun 14 / 03:39 PM »
Im really sorry if this is gross, but i have blonde hair, and for a while i seem to be getting bad under chin/neck hair, its quite embarressing, im not sure of the best way to go about it.

Leave it/wax it?

Please dont tell me im the only one whos experienced this?

• Senior Hair Addict
Re: Chin hair
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 14 / 03:45 PM »
Is it like peach fuzz hair or is it like an actual hair?

• Current Colour: Silverish
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 14 / 04:04 PM »
Has this just started recently? It can be a symptom of certain medical issues caused by hormone inbalance. It might be worth checking with your GP.
I have one horrible thick hair that grows on my chin, I either cut it or tweeze it out.
It is normal for women to have some facial hair though. We actually have the exact same amount of hair follicles as a man, but hormones cause mens facial hairs to grow thicker and longer. If it is just blonde peach fuzz it is best left alone, and I guarantee it is not as noticeable to other people as you imagine.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 14 / 05:30 PM »
Hi, it is def like peach fuzz, I have a couple of thick hairs which I have tweezed out.

I do have an under active thyroid though and am on 200 mg of levothyroxine, so I will check it out with my GP just to make sure.

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 14 / 06:02 PM »
I've got a few thicker chin hairs myself.  They're not dark in colour, but because I know they're there, I just whip them off with a razor  *whistle* ... been doing that for years!
Hair reminds you just how much "patience is a virtue"...

Oh yeah, so these two men walk into a bar: you think one of them would have ducked. ::)

Offline Sia

• Full Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Faded pinky purple (rose red, violet & atlantic blue)
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 14 / 10:18 PM »
I get the odd darker hair on my chin & i just pluck them, i think its normal.

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 14 / 12:51 AM »
It's normal for people to have fuzzy lil hairs all over their face. I get some thicker ones on my chin which I pluck.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 14 / 03:19 PM »
No shame about this, got a few of those hairs I pluck out once in a while and they are not annoying enough for the most part. Think they started appearing around 20 :)

• Janine Basil Pop Accessories
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 14 / 04:23 PM »
I have quite a lot of dark, coarse hair under my chin now. It's not established if it's a hormone imbalance or anything yet. PCOS has been mentioned, but we'll see. It could also be my luck in having dark hair and light skin. Or might just be my age. I've had a moustache for as long as I can remember, which I mostly pluck. I have to shave off the hair under my chin as there's too much to pluck now.

I really, REALLY wish we weren't all so ashamed of this hair though. It's so wrong that women these days have to be ultra hairless and anything more is 'disgusting'. It's obviously not normal and how it's always been. The vast majority of women in the past probably couldn't even afford anything to shave with, let alone enough product or even time to make themselves almost entirely hairless.

Yet I still shave and pluck all the time. Sigh.
New Here?  Please read the Forum Rules before posting. *rules*

Offline Sia

• Full Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Faded pinky purple (rose red, violet & atlantic blue)
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 14 / 05:35 PM »
I agree @ janineb, we shouldn't feel so ashamed about things which are natural, especially when, as a result of them being hidden we then think it isn't normal!

I remember in my teens a boy took the mick out of me for my lip hair, i went straight home and shaved it off with my dads razor, i'm sure i did this for a while until i realised there was better ways of dealing with it, i now have around 7 thicker hairs which i tweezer, then i occasionally epilate the slightly darker fuzz off my lip.

• Current Colour: Silverish
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jun 14 / 05:51 PM »
I totally hear you, the whole issue of female body hair being taboo makes me really cross. It is totally normal, natural and therefore also feminine.
I have never been a fan of removing any of my body hair, but as I have got older it is becoming darker and thicker and spreading, so it is something I have to think about more now.
I honestly believe society's obsession with totally hairless women comes from the p**n industry. I am a person not a p**n star, so I refuse to be ashamed of my fuzzy bits :)

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #11 on: 20 Jun 14 / 07:03 PM »
I love the attitude, gals!  And even p**n stars and supermodels are human and probably are ashamed that they have to feel ashamed of being human and have to go through all the trouble, constantly, to effectively be 'fake'.  Sad.

Oh yeah, so these two men walk into a bar: you think one of them would have ducked. ::)

• Full Hair Addict
    • My Blog (short stories mostly)
  • Current Colour: Adore Purple Rage
« Reply #12 on: 01 Jul 14 / 11:04 PM »
Just to join in with the friendly chorus, I get a few thick, coarse dark hairs on the chin/neck area too. I usually just tweeze them out as I notice them, it's not too much upkeep. And amen on the female body hair issue. I have white skin and thick, curly black pube-like hair in places where hair ought not (sez society) to be. I''m also very prone to ingrowns, I get five o clock shadow on my legs... hair removal has always been a total pain for me.

Luckily my boyfriend prefers hairier women. While I've grown to embrace it in the underarm/groinal areas (I even dye it pretty colours now and then when I can be bothered) for some reason I just can't see myself as being pretty with hairy legs. If I had the money I'd probably get laser removal, and admitting to that brings me almost as much shame as my fuzzy legs do to begin with! I honestly feel like I cant win, like I'm either vapid or unfeminine and both annoy me equally.

I've just started bleaching, rather than waxing, my unfemininely substantial snail trail these last couple of months, and it's made such a difference. No scarring from ingrowns, and the effect lasts about as long too. So yeah, trial and error, it's worth playing around and  finding a method which works out for you.

O the lot of womenhood, eh girls?

• Current Colour: lavender and sky blue :)
« Reply #13 on: 01 Jul 14 / 11:16 PM »
I'm exactly the same as you, I accept pretty much all my hair except leg hair. I just don't like having leg hair (Not that I'm that bothered about having slightly fuzzy legs.) but I've started dying my other fuzzy bits the same colour as my hair which I love! It makes them so much cuter.

« Reply #14 on: 02 Jul 14 / 07:20 AM »
I only started shaving my leg hair because of how weird it feels under tights! Lol

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jul 14 / 08:49 AM »
I remove my leg hair only because it looks weird since most areas are bald and then suddenly you have a patch and so on, I epilate usually like... once every 2 months....

I love arm hair though, I have no idea why would anyone ever shave it over bleaching it if its bothering them

• Current Colour: SHAVED
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jul 14 / 11:16 AM »
I havent shaved my legs for years; i can't be bothered. The only thing I do is shave my underarms, because my husband asked me nicely (he shaves far more of his body hair than i do of mine) and pluck out the occasional big hi there here i am can you all see me hair from a couple of moles on my face.
Brain tumour survivor. I shaved my head for charity on 14 November 2017!

• Alternative fashionista!
    • Little Wicked's Emporium
  • Current Colour: Mixture of Adore blue/black & Pravana blue over a permanent black
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jul 14 / 06:47 PM »
I am the complete opposite of all you ladies, I absolutely hate having body hair.  I don't disagree with women having body hair in general, or think it looks gross on others, but I hate it on me!  So much so, that I've now invested in one of those IPL laser hair removal devices, and am now on my way to being permanently hair free (with the exception of the hair on my head of course!).  I also use it on my facial hair, and have seen quite an improvement in the weird little chin hairs as well.  I used to get the odd chin hair, and I'd pluck it out, but now they're hardly noticeable at all.

« Reply #18 on: 02 Jul 14 / 06:56 PM »
You've misunderstood me Mindi. I hate it. But I hate that I hate it!

When I started shaving my legs, because it felt weird, I was 14 and so still had hardly anything. I probably would have started shaving not long after that, because it's "what we do".

We can all do as we please, and I'm not knocking anyone for actually shaving or the reasons they do it, I just wish we didn't feel a pressure to do so. :)

• Alternative fashionista!
    • Little Wicked's Emporium
  • Current Colour: Mixture of Adore blue/black & Pravana blue over a permanent black
« Reply #19 on: 02 Jul 14 / 07:03 PM »
You've misunderstood me Mindi. I hate it. But I hate that I hate it!

When I started shaving my legs, because it felt weird, I was 14 and so still had hardly anything. I probably would have started shaving not long after that, because it's "what we do".

We can all do as we please, and I'm not knocking anyone for actually shaving or the reasons they do it, I just wish we didn't feel a pressure to do so. :)

Hahaha, no, I wasn't including you in the 'opposite' thing Janine!  I meant I'm the complete opposite to those ladies on the thread who have said they don't shave their legs/underarms/bikini line etc!  I also hate that it's such a societal pressure to be clean shaven as a woman, but at the same time, I just really, really dislike body hair on myself, so even if it wasn't the 'done' thing to shave/remove hair, I'd probably still do it anyway! But I totally support any ladies who don't want to shave for whatever reasons, just couldn't do it myself!

• Dye-Hard
    • Tumblr
  • Current Colour: Henna red
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jul 14 / 01:14 AM »
Another person here who also gets random chin hairs! I've also noticed as I've gotten a bit older that a mole that I have next to mouth sprouts a single hair every few months which I also have to pluck.
I've gotten really lazy with body hair recently, I stopped shaving my legs a couple of weeks ago and I just keep saying "I'll wax it soon" but I just cannot be bothered. I epilate my armpits once every couple of weeks. But my boyfriend's gone for the summer so I have no reason to be smooth haha.
I'm an animal just like you..

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #21 on: 04 Jul 14 / 06:15 AM »
I've become lazy too with shaving my legs!  I hate doing it and force myself now that it's summer to do it every week or so.  I, as well, just keep saying I'll use a depilatory but never get around to it and forget about doing it, then a week later, I'm like, right, I must shave!

Thank goodness I'm still in my skinny jeans phase. :D

• Full Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Purple dip-dye
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jul 14 / 03:17 PM »
I also hate that it's such a societal pressure to be clean shaven as a woman, but at the same time, I just really, really dislike body hair on myself, so even if it wasn't the 'done' thing to shave/remove hair, I'd probably still do it anyway!

Same here. I hatehatehate body hair, I'd take pretty much all of it off if I could but at the same time I am annoyed that beauty standards tell us to shave/pluck/wax for almost half of our lives! And I am annoyed at science that hasn't yet found a cheap way to completely stop body hair regrowth as well :D

• Junior Hair Addict
« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 14 / 04:19 PM »
Thanks for all the replies
I feel like less of a yeti now!

^_^

• Dye-Hard
    • Cariad Dreads
  • Current Colour: Extremely faded Stargazer Rouge over virgin reddish brown
« Reply #24 on: 24 Oct 14 / 09:51 PM »
pluck out the occasional big hi there here i am can you all see me hair from a couple of moles on my face.

I have this too, 3 thick dark hairs in each of my 2 facial moles, as well as one or two finer hairs on my cheek and chin.
I must reverse my life, I can't live in the past, and set my soul free, belong to me at last...

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories