Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: Stretching (it is NOT called gauging) piercings  (Read 15521 times)  Share 

• Current Colour: Directions Turquoise&lagoon blue
Re: Stretching (it is NOT called gauging) piercings
« Reply #125 on: 07 Jan 17 / 01:13 PM »
2 weeks between stretches is really not enough, especially if you skipped a size.  4 weeks is the bare minimum wait time.  If you're trying to stretch stop when you feel resistance, not pain.  Pain means you've gone too far.

Best jewellery to stretch is with single flare glass or titanium plugs (for small sizes look for "septum bullets"), you get a nice even straight shape and nothing to dangle or catch on

I'm considering stretching my 2nds up to 6mm.  I tried ages ago but they absolutely refused so I'm not sure if it'll happen but there's some nice plugs I want that only start at 6mm   ::)
okie dokie  will wait 4 instead  of 2 weeks  and I will get some straight tapers soon too thanks for help :) x

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Current Colour: Natural brown
Re: Stretching (it is NOT called gauging) piercings
« Reply #126 on: 07 Jan 17 / 02:47 PM »
okie dokie  will wait 4 instead  of 2 weeks  and I will get some straight tapers soon too thanks for help :) x

Good good  :)  if you use single flare (or no-flare) plugs you might find you don't need tapers, either way I don't recommend wearing tapers as jewellery for any length of time.  Plugs are much better for many reasons, one of which is that they're the same size all the way through.  These are septum bullets but they only go to 4mm, these ones go up to 8mm and are usually quicker on the postage than crazyfactory.
Trying to find single flare glass plugs in the UK is a bit of a challenge, this seems to be the only site doing them at the moment.  Gorilla glass have a german outlet though I think.  Glass is more expensive than steel but is hypoallergenic and super easy to keep clean.  If you're sensitive to nickel it's best not to wear steel.  Titanium is fine though.

Remember to massage your ears regularly/daily, coconut oil is ideal for this.

Haha I forgot I was so passionate about stretching   ;D

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories