Username: Stay Logged In

Password:  

Add Beeunique on Social Media...

Beeunique Facebook Beeunique Pinterest Beeunique Google+ Beeunique TwitterBeeunique YoutubeBeeunique Instagram

NOTE: Beeunique ship worldwide - including USA & Canada

Author Topic: boots for thicker calves  (Read 1964 times)  Share 

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: pastel pink, lilac, white, silver
boots for thicker calves
« on: 22 Nov 13 / 11:31 PM »
i have always had the hardest time finding boots. growing up i played a lot of soccer, did gymnastics, rose my bike all the time, rollerbladed a lot, etc. ive always had thicker than average calves and my ankle bones are pretty big. and my legs are short, just adding to the stumpy looking factor. but anyway, ive never ever been able to find a pair of traditional knee kigh/just below the knee length boots. the only boots ive ever been able to wear arestretchy fabric type ones, like those really furry eskimo looking boots, or moon boots. ive always wanted a traditional, equestrian looking pair of boots but i can never find a single pair that i can get my ankle into, let alone my calf. I wear a size 8-9US but im totally okay with ordering from pretty much anywhere. does anyone else have this problem? where have you been able to find boots at? any recommendations?
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

• Current Colour: Silverish
Re: boots for thicker calves
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 13 / 12:40 AM »
In the UK Evans make boots in a wider fitting. They are a shop that sells clothes for larger women, and it never occurred to me to shop in there as I am a standard size, but like you I have larger calves (lots of walking and horse riding) and their boots fit perfectly. I don't know if you have Evans in the US but my advice is to try stores that cater for larger ladies.
If you want to splash out you can get long leather boots made in any calf size, I looked into a bespoke pair, they were pricey but a classic style will last pretty much forever.
Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
  • anything but ordinary
  • Current Colour: Lush Henna & a mix of Adore Cajun Spice/Sienna Brown
« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 13 / 05:39 PM »
I was recently discussing this with a friend, and she has a similar challenge in finding boots.  She ordered some from SimplyBe.com which is a shop that caters to larger women and make boots for curvy calves.  She loves them!
.:♥:. Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake .:♥:.
This member was previously called ModifiedMomma

Awarded "Dye-namite Poster" status by Forum Admin & Moderators.
This member's knowledge and help on the forum is recognised as to DYE for!

Please click the *heart* button on the top line if a post is helpful to you.

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 13 / 09:11 PM »
awesome, thanks ladies! idky i never thought to look at "plus size" shops before. makes sense! thank you, wish me luck! i will be so incredibly happy if i find a pair of boots that look like they came off a model riding a horse in a Ralph Lauren ad that actually fit me.
Always remember to consider what your hair is going to feel like after processing it BEFORE you do it! Test strands, treatments/oils are important when it comes to hair, but the most important thing is patience!

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 13 / 01:04 PM »
I've always had wide calves (I'll never forget how confused I was when I was 8 and no boot would ever zip up fully), plus size/speciality boots are the only way out but the selection is so much more limited :(

• Senior Hair Addict
« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 13 / 10:57 AM »
I love the riding boots you are talking about! ~I try mens sizes sometimes just because the quality seems better, warmer, longer lasting especially for fitness hiking etc. Many times when I try a female boot or sneaker something feels weird (my new boots from last year kill like a grip around the calf North Face :( so I wish I bought the mens version.
Я◊к เ₮ サ◊ῳ ץ◊Ц レเк∑ เ₮!

• Dye-Hard
« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 13 / 04:28 PM »
thanks everybody!

@Aeryu, i can totally relate! i always had a problem with boots even when i was a kid looking for snow boots! this is also why i hate "skinny jeans", i mean, 1. i have a very hourglass shape so skinny jeans just make my midsection/bum look even bigger than it really is, i like flared pants to help balance me out, ot the eskimo style boots (stretchy + flexible - just made out of fabric not structured like other boots) i have help balance me out too because theyre so fluffy lol.

• Dye-Hard
  • Current Colour: Mixed purple leftovers and virgin rose
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 13 / 04:42 PM »
haha :D

Skinny jeans were never an option, in my size they can't make it to the calve at all, in larger size (like 3 over) it looks like.. yeah...
Same issue is for straight cut which just looks like a skinny pair with a tiny bit of spare fabric at the ankle xD
Flare pants for the win, but curse this current fashion :(

Don't think I've had full boots (knee, middle) EVER since even as a child we always had to get me ankle or just a bit over boots instead :(
I also used to be super active as a child + my family has a big calve gen running so it is a dream to have full boots one day~!

• Senior Hair Addict
  • Hair Growing Mission
  • Current Colour: Black - Oops!
« Reply #8 on: 28 Nov 13 / 12:20 PM »
Don't try hunters haha, I got some as an early christmas present and I wouldn't say I have *masive* calves, just quite muscly ones and they're fairly tight
Hair Growth
Current: 18" 07/2014 Target: 30" 10/2015

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
The Hair Dye Forum uses cookies, please click here for more informations
Created & Maintained by Beeunique © 2009-2016

Alternative Hair Dyes and Accessories